Sponsored

Is auto start/stop contributing to Bronco fuel pump failures? Poll

When your fuel pump failed, was your auto start/stop manually disabled or not?

• Total voters

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have read a lot about fuel pump failures. My theory is that the auto/start stop in the Bronco is contributing to the fuel pump failures. I‘m assuming its the same one in most road only vehicles and not designed for on/off road, bumps, uphill, downhill, rocks, stopping to check your line, etc.

So, for those who experienced a fuel pump failure, please take the above poll.
Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldnt know, I installed an ASS Plug day 2, never asked for or wanted that shit

I betcha $20 its the root cause

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Auto start stop is on most all new vehicles. Do you see their fuel pumps failing at high rates? I hate the feature but don't think it is the root cause. More so the crappy parts from China or elsewhere is to blame.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Auto start stop is on most all new vehicles. Do you see their fuel pumps failing at high rates? I hate the feature but don't think it is the root cause. More so the crappy parts from China or elsewhere is to blame.
I haven't heard of the fuel pump failures - but I think you are right that it's probably just a bad batch of pumps from the awesome and reliable lowest cost vendor Ford picked for these parts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You may be right. It’s just a hunch but let’s see what the survey says, by those who actually had failures. I’m curious…

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm more curious as to how wide spread of a problem it is. I've heard of a few but is it as bad as what we think? What is the percentage of failure rate. :unsure:

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not ASS as that's disabled for me but perhaps keyless shut off time. Was airing up my tires after some off-roading. Key was in pocket, usually inside vehicle whenever I air up. Bronco shut off around the 15 minute mark, started back up no problem, 10 minutes later fuel pump shite itself. Coincidence likely and bad draw of the cards today. 🤷‍♂️

PXL_20230429_160221392.jpg

PXL_20230429_224927850.jpg

PXL_20230429_212023533.jpg
Sponsored