Sponsored

Is Base vs. Badlands the best clue to Sasquatch cost?

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the 2 door model the difference between the MSRP of the Base and Badlands is $13,595. The only differences between the Sasquatch and the Badlands are: Tires, rims, lift (Sassy) sway bar disconnect and locking front dif (Badlands.) They both come with the standard package with only slight differences - such as vinyl vs. cloth seats.

Considering that upgrading to Sasquatch on either model evolves switching the Auto transmission thats going to be a wash; however, the Badlands is the closest you can get to a Sassy while keeping the 7 speed.

What else is going into the Badlands beyond the Sasquatch suspension, sway bar disconnect and locking front hub that justifies the $13,595?

Or, we could just wait a couple months to find out....
Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Signature lighting, power mirrors, bash plates, modular front bumper, something called a "high level instrument panel" which I'm guessing means a bigger screen for the gauges, extra GOAT modes, rubberized/washout floor, pre-collision assist. These are all standard, not including options avail on Badlands that you cant get on the Base.

These all are standard on Badlands and do not come with the base (I THINK, not positive about the mirrors or high level instruments). Things like the lighting, extra goat mode and safety/tech stuff are probably being used to pad the bill on the badlands. IMO, its reasonable to think these extras plus the things you mentioned come to between 6 and 9k, leaving the sasquatch at between 5 and 8k add on price assuming Ford doesn't upcharge for it on the Base model.

This isn't counting the fact you need to go auto to get squatch as of right now, so the true cost of speccing a base model as a serious offroader might get too close to the badlands price for comfort.

Regardless, I'm happy we even have a choice to build a bare bones offroad machine.

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One advantage of the base, at least for me anyway, is that the auto is already included in the 4 door. (Easier for kids and dogs) Because of the upcharge will be just the package. However Ford could decide to drastically increase that package price just for the base trim. We wait and see.... LOL

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can also look at OBX vs wildtrack for clues

10k difference which is mainly the big motor and Sasquatch

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know exactly how much it will cost but it will be expensive. Bigger tires, different wheels, different front axle, different rear gearing, front and rear locker, bigger fender flares. I would guess around 5k.

Sponsored

BDSQACH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger... Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just when I think someone has insight they create another useless thread asking what's the difference between a Jeep liberty and Rubicon.
Yes we are all excited. But if you're going to CREATE a thread have information. Too many pages of endless arguments, guesses, repetitive information/questions, etc...

To add to this:
Black Diamond 4 door $38,545
Highest package available: mid

Badlands 4 door $44,590
Highest package available: lux/ optional leather ?
Sway bar disconnect
Front lockers
Advanced 4x4 system
Better bumper
Better front axel
Better suspension
Bigger tires
Better wheels
"Baja" ? mode
Rock rails

Difference: $6045

Who knows how Ford is going to price options... But all things equal each (available) add on above will probably be $850+.

Seems like your are paying for things that are made not available.

Black Diamond: Badlands tires and wheels not available. Baja not available. Suspension (without Sasquatch) not available. Sway bar disconnect not available! Leather and higher packages not available.

$6780 between Wildtrak 4 door & Badlands 4 door. Wildtrak comes with V6, Sasquatch & mid package... (No sway bar disconnect but irrelevant to Ford)

My estimates are:
V6: $1250 extrapolating from F-150 + bronco surcharge
Mid: $950
High: $1,650
Lux: $2,000
Badlands Sasquatch: $2,950
Black Diamond Sasquatch: $4,500
Base Sasquatch: $6,500 (This is a pure guess without going through model differences) But i feel that they are going to make it cost as much as the Black Diamond or slightly more...
Hard top: $1,250 +-$100 on color options.

Some may say the Sasquatch options are high and the Badlands has all but tires, rims, lift, etc... I hope I'm off a little for everyone's sake.

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just when I think someone has insight they create another useless thread asking what's the difference between a Jeep liberty and Rubicon.
Yes we are all excited. But if you're going to CREATE a thread have information. Too many pages of endless arguments, guesses, repetitive information/questions, etc...

To add to this:
Black Diamond 4 door $38,545
Highest package available: mid

Badlands 4 door $44,590
Highest package available: lux/ optional leather ?
Sway bar disconnect
Front lockers
Advanced 4x4 system
Better bumper
Better front axel
Better suspension
Bigger tires
Better wheels
"Baja" ? mode
Rock rails

Difference: $6045

Who knows how Ford is going to price options... But all things equal each (available) add on above will probably be $850+.

Seems like your are paying for things that are made not available.

Black Diamond: Badlands tires and wheels not available. Baja not available. Suspension (without Sasquatch) not available. Sway bar disconnect not available! Leather and higher packages not available.

$6780 between Wildtrak 4 door & Badlands 4 door. Wildtrak comes with V6, Sasquatch & mid package... (No sway bar disconnect but irrelevant to Ford)

My estimates are:
V6: $1250 extrapolating from F-150 + bronco surcharge
Mid: $950
High: $1,650
Lux: $2,000
Badlands Sasquatch: $2,950
Black Diamond Sasquatch: $4,500
Base Sasquatch: $6,500 (This is a pure guess without going through model differences) But i feel that they are going to make it cost as much as the Black Diamond or slightly more...
Hard top: $1,250 +-$100 on color options.

Some may say the Sasquatch options are high and the Badlands has all but tires, rims, lift, etc... I hope I'm off a little for everyone's sake.
I hope you are right, if that's the case, I'll be able to do exactly what I originally wanted. Of course, I hope you are wrong and overpricing things, because I'd like to save some dollars. But some of my estimates, based on nothing, bring the price up quite a bit more than that.
Sponsored