Sponsored

Is Bronco soft top supposed to seal on the sides?

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same issue here. Lots of air and noise coming through. It seems like a poor design to not have any sort of actual seal along the entire length of the glass window tops. It has been a while, but the Jeeps I've owned always had a seal along the window frame top like the Bronco has on the front/rear of the side window. This just lays on top which does not make much sense. I keep thinking I'm missing something.
Sponsored

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I flip back the front of the soft top on an almost daily basis. Mine looks like this all the time. Seems normal and I can still take it through a car wash without any water getting inside.

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Outer Banks
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I flip back the front of the soft top on an almost daily basis. Mine looks like this all the time. Seems normal and I can still take it through a car wash without any water getting inside.
Wait you take the soft top through the car wash? I was told not to do that? Ive been hand washing my black Outer Banks every few days.

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait you take the soft top through the car wash? I was told not to do that? Ive been hand washing my black Outer Banks every few days.
I do. I wasn't told not to do that....

I figure if it can get pollen, bird poo, and rain then it can handle some soap and water.

But yes, it has held up to it just fine. I've only done it a few times though.

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is zero chance i could make it through the carwash without getting soaked. Road noise is substantially louder after the first opening

20211128_151343.jpg

Sponsored

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer is working on reporting this to Ford.

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer is working on reporting this to Ford.
Any update on this? Picked mine up last night, haven't opened the soft top yet and I can stick my hand through like the pic above.

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Outer Banks
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My soft top originally wouldn't shut. Brought it in and they ordered a new frame. They called me back in because the parts came in and they were missing some rivits. So I'm still waiting 3 months later.

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same issue with mine. If I pull down a little on the edge , I can make it seal in some spots but it's a lot of tedious work to get the ridges of the frame and roof to connect and seal.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They're all clones, aren't they? :p
That’s a complicated answer…cloning was stopped and Kamino destroyed. Thus making the clones from Clone Wars era the last of their kind. By the time Luke comes along, clones are no longer a thing and conscripts/volunteers are the way the Empire fills its ranks. This is touched upon when Luke mentions he wants to submit his application to the academy, and then later in Force Awakens when we see Finn (obviously not a clone), and then in Rise of Skywalker when we meet Jorra and the rest of the refuges on the planet and she mentions being taken from her family at a young age and how Finn inspired them to run away from the Empire…sorry, nerd moment 😂

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here. The consensus is that it is normal.
I've washed mine at the car wash (not the automatic, but the hand-spray wand bays) and never had any water get in, but I don't concentrate the pressure upwards there either.

Mine has been this way since I got it in November, been through all winter no real issues.
One time in a very strong, windy snowstorm I had some light drifting of snow get in while driving while the wind came in from the side at about 40mph...
Road noise does seem somewhat louder than the first time I drove it, but again, may be subjective.
It just kind of sits there.
The seals look like they should interconnect on the ridges and valleys, but they don't.
The weight of the top and the latched in front and sides just kind of keep it just sitting there, pressed against the other seals along the body.
And yes, If I pull up on it I can also insert my hand in through the gap.
It seems like it could be better, but has given no issues thus far.
With the easy flip back front section, I really don't know how they could have engineered it any differently, honestly.
Two latches and flip, done and open air.
Flip the lever, pull back, open top.
For as easy as it is to open and shut, I am surprised it doesn't have issues sealing as good as it does.
Sponsored