Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be fair customer orders are routinely added to each dealer's website / inventory by Ford's system. All these dealers are required to be part of Ford's internal database / computer system. If a dealer has the personnel / knowledge they CAN go in their site and MANUALLY pull these customer orders out of inventory.

They aren't adding them in there just to lure customers in - you might want to believe that, but it simply isn't true.

Now do some dealers know this and use it? Sure. Do other dealers not have the personnel / knowledge to go in and pull these out? Sure. Different things can be true at the same time.

I remember having a discussion with my dealer about this very subject. Our Bronco never hit their website - because they have someone on staff who has to go in and do this on their end. It's not some "run a program" or automatic request - it has to be manually done. Not all that hard until you count up every customer order coming in or showing en route to dealers etc (not just Broncos).

Every dealer isn't out to screw the customer. And ironically, if many people from this forum (and others) get their wish and the "Dealer model goes away" (HINT - it WON'T - the dealers have the service piece of the business - that is NOT going away and Ford simply doesn't have the resources to set up some "dealer to customer" delivery model.) then EVERYONE will pay higher prices for cars and there won't be ANY negotiating.

Are there scumbag dealers? Sure. But imagine being a dealer that does try to do the right thing and treat its customers right and they constantly get people calling in "Why is MY Bronco showing on your inventory??!?!!" etc etc.

I've witnessed it. I witnessed it as a dealer technician decades ago. People accusing me of "Trying to rip them off" and "I want to see the old parts you are replacing" - shit like that is why I walked away from it.

I witnessed a customer come into a friend's dealer a couple years ago. Going ON and ON about how he's not paying for some option on this new truck that the "Dealer added to pad their profit"........... I WATCHED the Sales Manager print out the customer's PRINTED and SIGNED Purchase agreement that showed EVERY option when it was ordered. There was even a note in the margin where they had requested a certain option - but it required a different package to be ordered. When shown that - the guy said "Oh yeah". And that was that.

The truck hadn't even arrived yet. My friend was a better man than me. I would have told him to get the hell out and not come back.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gizmo

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thatā€™s $3500 too much. I wouldnā€™t pay one cent over MSRP.
Totally agree ,and never have or will. The dealer I plan to order from next month seems legit, and I will get everything put in writing, and if they screw me down the road with up charges, this boy will walk.

Jroub21

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Raptor ā€˜17 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is no actual dealer inventory. You are going to see Broncos at dealerships from people that got tired of waiting and backed out on their orders. Dealers will not be able to order inventory for a long time.

Anything above MSRP is unacceptable to me. Only scumbag dealerships are going to do that.
Just telling you what I saw. Window stickers were blue. Either youā€™re not ā€œin the knowā€ like you think you are or Blue and Green window stickers are being used for customer orders.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Disagree. Dealership in Lincoln had 2 customer orders come in and 2 stock units. I should have screenshot them as proof. But they were indeed stock units. I was livid, I too thought there would be no dealer stock units for quite some time.
they're still there--both are on their St Joe Missouri lot--: 1st with a blend date of 5/23:
Ford Bronco Is dealer inventory starting to sit? 1657115952930

and the other has a blend date of 3/28--possibly an Ice Mtn hold:
Ford Bronco Is dealer inventory starting to sit? 1657116062111

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They had to be ordered for someone. They are not stocking dealer inventory with Broncos. I work at Ford and live in the heart of Ford country. We have many large dealerships and none have actual inventory. If they did I wouldnā€™t be in this forum complaining about waiting on mine. I would have bought one with my A Plan off a lot.
Actually that not true. If a dealer has an allocation but no buildable retail orders they can order a stock unit. It will be a lightly optioned 4 door big bend or base but they can order it. They stopped retail orders in March but you can most certainly order a stick unit if you are a dealer. This is widely known. There are a few forum topics on it.

Sponsored

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
There are blue stickers on the ground in Florida.

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only way to verify is the sticker. If itā€™s blue then itā€™s dealer stock. If itā€™s green itā€™s a customer order. Iā€™ve seen a few blue stickers looking up the VINs.
Iā€™m looking for badlands 2 doors
And Iā€™ve seen quite a few blue stickers

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Too rich for this Dutch boy.
I paid over msrp a couple times, but not since 2016. Don't plan on doing it again.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That markup is still absolutely stupid. Good for the dealer if they can get a sucker, but why be that idiot?

And as was said, more than likely an ā€œabandonedā€ā€™order not a stock order.
Sponsored