Sponsored

Is Dirt /Ice/Mud mountain completely cleaned out now?

Lt. Ron

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco 1986 flareside, 2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
My BB was built 6.20.22 and delivered yesterday 7.3.22. Is the mountain cleared out?
Sponsored

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
My guess is no. There are still a few of us waiting, a few still in production but lots “shipped” for a month or more which are probably still sitting on a lot.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Absolutely not. “Dirt Mountain” is multiple, giant parking lots in Wayne, Dearborn, Dearborn Heights and Allen Park. Those lots are full. You got lucky that all of your chips were available.

OP
OP
Lt. Ron

Lt. Ron

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco 1986 flareside, 2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine was built 6.
20.22, and delivered to dealership 7.3.22. Wonder how I "missed" staying at dirt mountain....

Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I doubt it. New production was bypassing the ice/dirt/mud mountain vehicles which were waiting on "chips". It is just easier to build the vehicle complete on the line rather than come back to add components, so production tended to get the lion share of parts while the vehicles waiting on chips tended to sit.

Many in my build week (3/28) got theirs quickly in 2 to 4 weeks, but 20% were stragglers like mine which took more like 12 weeks. Actual shipping time was like a day when it did move. Supposedly my delay was due to availability of transport, not a chip hold.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine was built 6.20.22, and delivered to dealership 7.3.22. Wonder how I "missed" staying at dirt mountain....
Because new production wasn't going thru dirt mountain, new production had priority on chips. Too inefficient to build, store, to later add components if you have them at time of build. Those on dirt mountain were stuck waiting for when there was more than enough chips for current production.

You like probably 90% or more of production bypassed dirt mountain.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because new production wasn't going thru dirt mountain, new production had priority on chips. Too inefficient to build, store, to later add components if you have them at time of build. Those on dirt mountain were stuck waiting for when there was more than enough chips for current production.

You like probably 90% or more of production bypassed dirt mountain.
They are allocating chips to both. It just takes a lot longer doing the Broncos scattered in parking lots over 4 cities. It’s a logistical nightmare.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. Been parked there since my 4/8 blend date.

4/6 scheduled blend, actual 4/8. Moved to "Built" on 6/27. Now it's the shipping logistical game. Who knows how long that will take...

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are allocating chips to both. It just takes a lot longer doing the Broncos scattered in parking lots over 4 cities. It’s a logistical nightmare.
Yeah this is correct. Obviously it is substantially more efficient to install the modules on the assembly line than out in a parking lot, but they are still allocating modules to both.

Michigan Assembly is shut down the next few weeks for the 2023 Ford Ranger re-tooling... and I've heard from multiple people (including my contacts at Kansas City Assembly), that they will be focusing on Broncos in the waiting lots while the main assembly line is down. Good news for those waiting for their Bronco.

But... unfortunately... there are giant bottlenecks in the logistics industries right now due to the lack of labor, so even if your particular vehicle gets the module, you may still be sitting on a holding lot while it waits to be picked up and transported to your dealer. I've heard plains states in particular are really jammed up. Thankfully for me, the backups aren't that bad in my area of the country, but my dealer has still had vehicles get stuck in the Chicagoland area while the rail networks sort out the mess.

Sponsored

Jdm89

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Definitely not! Mine has still not moved to built status on the tracker….I have been in production since 1/27/22.
Wow thats scary! Ive only been in production since 5/9 and I thought that was defeating.

ArkBronco3667

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Absolutely not. Been parked there since January. I finally got moved to built status 3 weeks ago. Now I’m just awaiting shipment. Ford CS says I’ll be shipped by August 6th. Apparently it takes 8 weeks to schedule shipping from shit mountain.

HeyItsABronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Absofuckinglutely NOT. January 25 blend date with an initial EDD of March 3. Now, we don’t even HAVE an EDD as Ford chat informed us yesterday that what we thought was our EDD (August 4) is now our estimated date for it to SHIP.

For all of the Ford apologists wondering why we are so frustrated, this is why. This shitshow of a company has kept us in purgatory, knowing that there isn’t a damn thing we can do about it. If we bail, the dealership takes a $20k ADM profit. THIS dirt mountain delay is far worse than the one from last year involving the hard tops. Now, Ford expects us to calmly wait and stay pumped for a vehicle that will likely have sat in a parking lot for 9 months unattended while we await delivery.

I’ve never held as much disdain and disgust towards an American manufacturer as I now hold towards @Ford Motor Company. This one wont be forgotten with our future automotive purchasing decisions.

Fuck you, Ford.

julmagab

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My BB was built 6.20.22 and delivered yesterday 7.3.22. Is the mountain cleared out?
Had some time before a flight out of DTW. Made the pilgrimage to see the mountain. Still a bunch of Broncos there, but lots of open space too. Definitely didn't seem as full as the photos from 8-10 months ago.

20220707_113459.jpg
Sponsored