North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

By not eating meat, they do not require clearcutting rainforests to have massive plots of land for cattle. Plus producing pound of beef requires 36 times the carbon footprint as a pound of asparagus. This contributes to regulating global temps, which if everybody did it, would also save the rainforests.
You go right ahead and eat your asparagus while I eat my hamburger. ?
Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
You go right ahead and eat your asparagus why I eat my hamburger. ?
I said I eat meat (in a previous post).... though the Beyond Burger is now preferred by all 4 members of our household. Crazy, border-line scary how good they made that plant based burger.

OP
OP
Opossum

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I said I eat meat (in a previous post).... though the Beyond Burger is now preferred by all 4 members of our household. Crazy, border-line scary how good they made that plant based burger.
Speaking of engineers, we can thank bioengineering for isolating the protein that makes meat taste like meat and identifying it in a pea. That's how Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods have been able to create products that mimic meat so well.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, they are eating the Rainforest.
How much protein in that asparagus? I don't believe we are clear cutting forests to graze cattle hear in the USA. We have a lot of open grassland that suits that need or industrialized feed lots. We probably plant more trees than we cut nowadays.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A good drafter is worth their weight in gold.
Yep...
But after 19 years the only way to move up in the world was more design work and I was not fond of that (and certainly was not good at it).

Funny thing is, now as a teacher, some of my colleagues make fun of me about how obsessed I get about making tests and slide presentations for lessons look uniform and "pretty". The drafting stuff still lingers with me a bit.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here's the real thing I want to know - why in the heck are so many bass players engineers??

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been wrenching on aircraft for 38 years and have come to the conclusion that aerospace engineers and designers are the most evil bastards on the face of the earth. Especially the guys at Grumman.
Have you ever worked at an ice condenser nuclear plant??? EFF Westinghouse.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep...
But after 19 years the only way to move up in the world was more design work and I was not fond of that (and certainly was not good at it).

Funny thing is, now as a teacher, some of my colleagues make fun of me about how obsessed I get about making tests and slide presentations for lessons look uniform and "pretty". The drafting stuff still lingers with me a bit.
I started drafting classes on paper before they would let us move to Autocad. My penmanship still shows it. When I write my letters they are still 1/8th tall and 1/8th wide and very legible.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I started drafting classes on paper before they would let us move to Autocad. My penmanship still shows it. When I write my letters they are still 1/8th tall and 1/8th wide and very legible.
I did paper and pencil for a living for over 5 years before things started switching to AutoCad. Lettering was one of my favorite things! (Running the "old-fashioned" blueprint machine was my #1 favorite.?)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Opossum

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did paper and pencil for a living for over 5 years before things started switching to AutoCad. Lettering was one of my favorite things! (Running the "old-fashioned" blueprint machine was my #1 favorite.?)
We used to have over 30 draftsman with pencil and paper. Now we have 3 and Microstation. Crazy how much things change.

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Geology degree...drafted maps using Rapidograph pens, upper and lower case, down stroke only. Budweiser always helped. Printing sucks now.

My dad was an engineer, I drove him nuts in my thought process.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been wrenching on aircraft for 38 years and have come to the conclusion that aerospace engineers and designers are the most evil bastards on the face of the earth. Especially the guys at Grumman.
When I moved to commercial... and we started talking about fasteners I expected to have a reach guide in the design manual. So I explained that we should have a little cylinder above each fastener to determine “wrench land” and asked about the minimum clearance requirements for bolt heads. They had none. So I started in on the lead designer who had spent several years at Ford. “You know better. I know better. Let’s do better.” So on our parts of the aircraft, we sent a guy out to the floor with calipers and he measured the tools and the lead force-fed it to his designers. Everyone whined about weight though, and that is always the excuse.
Sponsored