First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, heritage is the first point... uh, Ford used to produce Jeep.
Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
i think FCA are scrambling. Putting the best thing they have right now in everything. That Hellcat Hemi with 700hp. Put it in a Jeep, Ram, what's next? They are trying hard to take as much attention away from Ford and it's going to be hard. When Broncos start production, I can see Jeep cutting prices like crazy.
I agree. Wrangler prices will slowly go down for years to come unless they can offer a better product. The same old song will not work now with true competition.

The monopoly of the doorless, rugged SUV for off-roader purists is coming to an end for Jeep in North America. Jeep does have heritage in their corner but idk how much that sells units. Adding the 6.4L V8 was a huge plus for them as well. Definitely enough to keep some Mopar boys.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This just shows how scared of the Bronco they really are.

Sponsored

highonthedesert

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Diesel
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wrote on JL forum over a month ago that FCA needs to do their 10-year redesign NOW. Problem is, it takes Jeep all 10 of those years to get all the issues worked out.

KimDracula

Base
First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Competition is good. It keeps both parties fighting for your business, which is what that printout is about. Jeep has been in business a long time, they will be fine. Both Chrysler and Ford vehicles are unreliable. I see people on here dumping on Jeep, but come on, ford isn’t all that better. Let’s face it, no one is buying a Jeep, or Bronco for reliability anyway.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the bronco will bring a lot of jeep owners over. Then jeep will have to rethink its solid front axel. That is going to make a lot of die hard jeepers pretty angry!! I remember when they talked about possibly changing it a while back and that stirred up a hornets nest.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The JD Power & Associates is based only on the first 90 days of ownership. What problems do you think are going to pop up in the first three months? How about three years. Talk to a mechanic and the People who actually work on the things! FCA quality has gotten really bad. Paying to be in a award category from a advertising business doesn’t prove anything. Real awards don’t make you pay for them.
That particular survey is as good as used toilet paper.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just weird. Did an intern slap that together one morning? Those of us who have been in Broncos since the 60s never considered the jeep real competition and now we just have a new version that will best them too. Now old Bronco vs new Bronco. That would be interesting. We could never get our 68 stuck. You could always get out of any situation!

Sponsored

Yedmod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How many times does this have to be brought up ************OFF IDLE TORQUE*************

6.4 > 5.0 > Any Ecoboost. So no, unless you want an F250, Ford does not have anything comparable. Maybe the hybrid, but I've been directly involved in reliability/maintainability analysis in complex military systems, so I don't have much to say to those continually in LALA land thinking a 6.4 OHV V-8 (basically loafing @ 450 HP these days) is not way more reliable than a small engine TT, dual injection, OHC, batteries, and electric motor built in trans setup.
Ford Bronco Is FCA getting nervous? Publishes Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Info Sheet Guide Ecoboostvs62vs50-HP-Torque

For off idle torque 3.5L Ecoboost > V8 by a long shot. That TT screaming along at 1600 RPM makes more torque than the 5.0 "loafing" at 4500 RPM. I know it's the Ford 6.2 not the Hemi, but since there is only 12 ft/lbs difference in peak torque it's a reasonable assumption the EB would hold an edge over that also. And I know the 3.5 isn't available in the Bronco, but you said any Ecoboost. I'm not trying to start a flame war, just correcting misinformation because as a wise man once said:

When ignorance keeps surfacing, sometimes you have to "protest" :)
:)

Intense

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a happy JL Wrangler owner, Jeep is grasping here... to anything they can.

The JL has areas FCA needs to address such as inconsistent steering dead spot tolerance (a cast iron version of the recirculating ball gearbox is being timely released in Sept that I’ll try to get warrantied) but it’s a mostly solid product for our drivers. No issues outside the varying dead spot yet (heat in the aluminum gearbox) but we’ve only driven 22k miles in the last 10 months. We love driving it. Just that one small annoyance. I hope there isn’t a significant issue on a new to market product for the Bronco.

I’m looking forward to the steering on the Bronco as it’ll likely be closer to driving our other vehicles. Off-road capability-wise, I just need it to be able to keep up with the mildly modded, Rubicon height Sahara 4dr on easy to moderate trails. From the videos, looks easy to do for the Bronco.

I do have a question though about ramp travel index. The 2dr Bronco Sasquatch flexes more than the 4dr?

NoName57

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach1, Subaru Outback, Victory Octane
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some Jeep propaganda I found.

Ford Bronco Is FCA getting nervous? Publishes Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Info Sheet Guide Ecoboostvs62vs50-HP-Torque
They do seem a little scared. Like how they mention the folding windshield like anyone actually cares about that lol. I never once put my windshield down when I had my 2012 JK and never knew any of my friends that did either. I don't want dust in my face from the trails.

I mean, I do like Jeeps as well but I think the Bronco is going to be a whole nother beast and Jeep is sh***ing their pants. It'll be some good competition.

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Renegade TH and a 97 Kawasaki Vulcan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While the Wrangle Rubicon is a formidable off road vehicle, the crappy customer service in both my local FCA dealerships is why I'm buying a Bronco.

13 years and $100,000 in NEW FCA vehicles (plus another $25,000 in used FCA vehicles) and the service departments treat me like shit. Ford just took my business from them.

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Renegade TH and a 97 Kawasaki Vulcan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some Jeep propaganda I found.

Jeep WAVE membership...... Yeah, mmmkay there FCA. Teach your dealers what it says in the fine print. I wasted my money on the extended warranty and WAVE membership. Good on the sales guy.....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.