Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see it as Jeep acknowledging the competition. The advantage is to them since Fords offering is still a ways off and they have a product available right now. The fact they are taking advantage of time is smart but to me also confirms they not just recognize the competition but will have an ever harder time going forward.

I think the Rubicon and Moab videos show the Bronco is serious IFS or not.
Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think it's pretty distastefully done and they deserve the ridicule they get from it. Being at the top in a competition of one when your product is so lousy is nothing to be proud of. It's telling that the care so little of their loyal customers that they put zero R&D into the mechanics of it in the 80 years it's been "king". What a joke that is.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's pretty distastefully done and they deserve the ridicule they get from it. Being at the top in a competition of one when your product is so lousy is nothing to be proud of. It's telling that the care so little of their loyal customers that they put zero R&D into the mechanics of it in the 80 years it's been "king". What a joke that is.
I was talking about the Bronco with someone recently and they countered “sure, but obviously Jeep will step up their game for their next redesign.”

Thats when I got to point out that FCA *just* completed their redesign after a decade working on it.

Jeep will always have it’s cheerleaders, and it has existing aftermarket, long standing fandom, and that SFA of there’s... but I’m excited for what Ford is bringing to the table, and as a Wrangler owner myself, I’m excited to watch Ford eat Jeep’s lunch.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the pamphlet is fine as a Jeep marketing release. All companies try to highlight their approach, advantages over competitors, and accolades.
The challenge for FCA is Complacency! The Jeep Wrangler has not had any real competition for years. It had to be soul crushing for the FCA suits and Jeep Fan Boyz to see the Rubicon trail and Moab videos. FCA just recently redesigned/modernized the Wrangler in 2018 and didn’t address known issues with quality, electronics, Leaks, and death wobble (how about some decent front bushings, knuckles, control arms of the appropriate length, etc.) because FCA didn’t want to spend the cash, so they did “just enough” because they had no competitors.
Make no mistake though, The Bronco is a legitimate competitor.
Now Ford needs to execute and continue to evolve and improve the Bronco.
You can’t show up and hit the Champ in the mouth and expect them to just quit.
This is great for us consumers.

Sponsored

StedeBonnett

Outer Banks
First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get what JEEP is doing — I've worked many a Jeep event from Bantam Jeep Festival to Easter Jeep Safari. Good times and I had fun. Thought I might want a Jeep.

Went to the MCA 40th anniversary at Indy … the hot laps in a wide range of Mustangs and the people I met there - started my path of moving from a three-time MINI owner to a Mustang owner. The heritage got in my soul.

I'm excited to have a part of the ownership of restarting a heritage of the Bronco.
Who knows where we'll be meeting up and exchanging stories in five years. Lots of good times ahead.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was talking about the Bronco with someone recently and they countered “sure, but obviously Jeep will step up their game for their next redesign.”

Thats when I got to point out that FCA *just* completed their redesign after a decade working on it.
That is to me some of the really bad news. FCA just spent that money and I am sure the next design is in planning/design but a ways off. Meaning they could be caught flat footed to an extent. They could also really turn it around and punch back after the Bronco's first series of blows.

Here is to Bronco forcing a better product and taking some sales...hope both have a long rivalry.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is to me some of the really bad news. FCA just spent that money and I am sure the next design is in planning/design but a ways off. Meaning they could be caught flat footed to an extent. They could also really turn it around and punch back after the Bronco's first series of blows.

Here is to Bronco forcing a better product and taking some sales...hope both have a long rivalry.
Jeep was at the disadvantage of needing to evolve but also stay true to their design. Many people were worried about the wrangler ceasing to be a wrangler, and FCA was forced to basically give their fans more of the same with the JL.

Ford had the advantage of using the wrangler as a target without any confines from an existing base. They could pin a list of hit points to the wall and come out the other side with a “better” product over the JL pretty easy.

Short of a completely new model, I’m not sure Jeep could have ever won this battle. They spent so much time insisting that their product was the pinnacle, that there was no decisive way to answer to someone putting up a competent fight.

I love my Jeep... a lot... but I’m also sick and tired of its faults and FCA just resting on their laurels. If the Bronco corrects even one of the items on my looooong list of wrangler complaints, I’ll be a *very* happy customer.
But then again, this is just my humble opinion.

Last edited:

Txchewy

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
If ford would just give us the manual with the sasquatch they could neutralize that crawl ratio bullet point. That was the only one that hit home for me. The fold down windshield is a joke. I own a wrangler and it is doorless topless 90% of the time. I have never even thought of putting down the windshield nor have I ever seen anyone do it in a JK or JL. Funny because the engineering to retain that feature must have been incredible.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Scared wouldn’t be the right world to use. This is just a normal competitive FUD that any brand would release against a competitor. Its just sales and marketing.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kinda funny how flimsy most of those points are. In fact, some of them don’t even favor Jeep, the mirrors thing cracks me up. Having mirrors mount to the body is a GOOD thing for most people.

The Wrangler is still an amazing vehicle, it has a lot of heritage and a pretty amazing community of people behind it. Hopefully this snaps Jeep out of its funk and will make the next gen Wrangler really killer.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Jeep was at the disadvantage of needing to evolve but also stay true to their design. Many people were worried about the wrangler ceasing to be a wrangler, and FCA was forced to basically give their fans more of the same with the JL.

Ford had the advantage of using the wrangler as a target without any confines from an existing base. They could pin a list of hit points to the wall and come out the other side with a “better” product over the JL pretty easy.

Short of a completely new model, I’m not sure Jeep could have ever won this battle. They spent so much time insisting that their product was the pinnacle, that there was no decisive way to answer to someone putting up a competent fight.

I love my Jeep... a lot... but I’m also sick and tired of its faults and FCA just resting on it’s laurels. If the Bronco corrects even one of the items on my looooong list of wrangler complaints, I’ll be a *very* happy customer.
But then again, this is just my humble opinion.
It's loosely reminiscent of Harley Davidson vs the latest rendition of Indian.

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The mention of the front axle makes me laugh a bit..

How many people buy a Jeep specifically for the SFA? Less than 1%?

How many will buy the Bronco because of the IFS, wether they know why or not, just based on ride quality? I bet much more than 1%.

I know I'm getting a Bronco because of the IFS. I've never had a need for a solid axle.
Did you see how theirs isn't centered? It's shifted right so it didn't hug the mound too.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They do kind of contradict themselves. "Jeep has been around forever and we have over 300 accessories." In the first year, ford will have over 200 and counting every year.
I was surprised to see Jeep only has 300. For the amount of time they've been around, I'd expect a lot more then that. That kind of suggests they've been coasting for quite awhile and now realize they need to step on the go peddle.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.