NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was surprised to see Jeep only has 300. For the amount of time they've been around, I'd expect a lot more then that. That kind of suggests they've been coasting for quite awhile and now realize they need to step on the go peddle.
Yup, this will be good for everyone
Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Solid axles setups are cheap to manufacture and build. It has nothing to do with heritage. FCA will have no choice to go rack and pinion and IFS to keep up.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see it as Jeep acknowledging the competition. The advantage is to them since Fords offering is still a ways off and they have a product available right now. The fact they are taking advantage of time is smart but to me also confirms they not just recognize the competition but will have an ever harder time going forward.

I think the Rubicon and Moab videos show the Bronco is serious IFS or not.
Jeep will likely make out in the short game. There will be a percentage that have a Bronco on reserve and get tired of waiting. They get one of those Jeep offers and buy. Ford may never get those potential customers back.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kinda funny how flimsy most of those points are. In fact, some of them don’t even favor Jeep, the mirrors thing cracks me up. Having mirrors mount to the body is a GOOD thing for most people.

The Wrangler is still an amazing vehicle, it has a lot of heritage and a pretty amazing community of people behind it. Hopefully this snaps Jeep out of its funk and will make the next gen Wrangler really killer.
It was a bit confusing where they were trying to go with the mirror point. I guess they don't think you need to see behind you with the doors off?

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some Jeep propaganda I found.

View attachment 26266
Side effects of Stellantis may include death wobble, leaking roof panels, electrical problems and Pentastar performance anxiety.

Stop taking Stellantis if you uncontrollably wave at other Jeeps, climb parking lot barricades, and think the "Jeep Thing" stickers are still clever.

Four out of five off-roaders recommend Bronco for Stellantis drivers who aren't posers.

Sponsored

JerseyRuss

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They need to get that selling point about how the mirrors come off with the doors out of there... As a jeep owner, I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to take off the full frame doors and every time screw in after market mirrors.. because in many states, it's required by law to have those mirrors in. 99% of Jeep owners are gonna really wish they had mirrors that stayed on... the ease at which the doors come off w mirrors still on was a huge selling point for me. Your never gonna see an ad for Jeep on how easy it is to take doors off.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i think FCA are scrambling. Putting the best thing they have right now in everything. That Hellcat Hemi with 700hp. Put it in a Jeep, Ram, what's next? They are trying hard to take as much attention away from Ford and it's going to be hard. When Broncos start production, I can see Jeep cutting prices like crazy.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fanbois and girls on every forum. True enthusiasts can appreciate many things. No reason a ZL1 owner can’t appreciate a GT500 and vice versa. If you’re so simple minded that you can’t appreciate a nicely put together Wrangler, then I’d rather not be associated with you anyways. Those individuals are what’s wrong with today’s society. I’m interested in the Bronco as another, different vehicle to tinker with, and it will be in the same garage as my 2013 Wrangler. And other different makes and models as well. You won’t be able to pry my Wrangler from my cold, dead hands.

But to those comparing quality between Ford and FCA (or whatever it is now) and saying Ford is far superior, are just plain laughable. Neither score high remarks. That is a definition of fanboi/girl. Now if you were comparing Toyota/Lexus to FCA, you have a point. But a Ford? I’ll have what you’re having.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fanbois and girls on every forum. True enthusiasts can appreciate many things. No reason a ZL1 owner can’t appreciate a GT500 and vice versa. If you’re so simple minded that you can’t appreciate a nicely put together Wrangler, then I’d rather not be associated with you anyways. Those individuals are what’s wrong with today’s society. I’m interested in the Bronco as another, different vehicle to tinker with, and it will be in the same garage as my 2013 Wrangler. And other different makes and models as well. You won’t be able to pry my Wrangler from my cold, dead hands.

But to those comparing quality between Ford and FCA (or whatever it is now) and saying Ford is far superior, are just plain laughable. Neither score high remarks. That is a definition of fanboi/girl. Now if you were comparing Toyota/Lexus to FCA, you have a point. But a Ford? I’ll have what you’re having.
Nerve has been struck... :D

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it wasn't for the Bronco I wouldn't be buying a new vehicle at all. I was interested in a Jeep a few years ago, but the Jeep dealers here were arrogant pricks about how easily it was to sell them, so no price negotiating.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would you want a lsd when you could have a locker?
Because a lot of people can find themselves in trouble driving with a locker on the street in various conditions, where a limited is more forgiving for those not familiar with how locker behave. . I know Eaton had an Elocker that was both a limited slip and locked on demand, Not sure if Jeep runs this setup. It appears from Jeeps perspective that the Broncos are either locked or open.

I never had a problem running double Detroit’s, I didn’t mistake my truck for a sports car either YMMV:cool:

Ddtcm81

Big Bend
First Name
Tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some Jeep propaganda I found.

bronco vs jeep proaganda 1.jpg
bronco vs jeep proaganda 2.jpg
bronco vs jeep proaganda 3.jpg
bronco vs jeep proaganda 4.jpg
I find this comical "Ford has nothing compatible to our concept V8 Rubicon".... Well, it is a concept... So Jeep doesn't have it either. 450 hp from a 6.4? The 2019 f150 5.0 has 392 hp and the mustang gt 5.0- 460 horse power.... Ford has nothing like it because almist 6 and a half liters is not needed to produce what a NA 5 liter can produce. Weird. "Jeep made the wrangler for 25 years after Ford stopped selling the Bronco" and "Ford now has to reintroduce the Bronco to a generation that never had it has a consumer option"..... (based off of reservations/ not all reservee's being former Jeep owner) so Jeep is saying customers had the last 25 years to buy the Jeep Wrangler, but chose chose not to. Weird.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.