First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seems like they're getting nervous at FCA. I think this is a good thing and they can work out reliability issues I've heard of from everyone I've known with a Jeep.

Fingers crossed the bronco is reliable, we don't need another focus auto trans issue on our hands.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How many times does this have to be brought up ************OFF IDLE TORQUE*************
How many times does this have to be brought up ************TORQUE CONVERTER*************
How many times does this have to be brought up ************STOP YELLING AT US*************

What exactly are you two fighting about anyways?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Fingers crossed the bronco is reliable, we don't need another focus auto trans issue on our hands.
We have one of those, but got a free new trans at 108k, but agree trainwreck.....

Sponsored

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question. Does anybody know if you can put the Bronco into 2wd. Or is always in some kind of 4wd?

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's a pretty pathetic effort if it's really by Jeep. The only part of that marketing I'd agree with is Jeep has been making great off road vehicles while the Bronco has been absent. The fold down windshield; I've never gotten. I've never seen a single Wrangler anywhere with the windshield folded down, they should have dropped that decades ago. And to say; "but look, we have this concept...!"; really shows their nervousness. It would have been much better to say ;"coming in 2021; the 392 Wrangler!" Really a poor effort by Jeep.

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn right they are nervous!!! Ford entered a market space owned solely by FCA and produced a vastly improved Wrangler. There is a reason Fiat returned and failed in the USA. FCA's products including the Wrangler are steaming pieces of unreliable $hit. Yes, I've begrudgingly owned two Wranglers because there was no comparable competition. So yippee, I'll never own another FCA product ever again.

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Throw in some poor grammar and you can see how quickly they typed this up... They are shitting their pants right now...
Ford Bronco Is FCA getting nervous? Publishes Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Info Sheet Guide 1597934515544

"Customers who want even more...... tires ON the Rubicon from Mopar." <--- fixed it for ya dumbasses!!

BTW, my wife's Jeep top leaks like a sieve... any chance you guys can spend a little less on propaganda and a little more on fixing a WELL KNOWN ISSUE with your prized Jeeps... thanks
Well, we don't know if the Bronco modular top won't have leak issues. These seals tend to deform over time and create leaks. Jeep has the rain gutter issue when it's raining.
Hopefully, Ford has a better water channeling system that prevents water to come down on the front seat when doors open in rainy weahter.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder if Ford paid Jeep for that advertising?

mgerm89

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

? at least it's good for a laugh! Created strictly out of fear.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While some have said that this is just Jeep trying to get ahead of the bad press or that it's smart marketing, to me this gives a very bad impression of FCA considering the timing of this pamphlet. This looks like Jeep is desperately trying to play catch-up. When you have multiple videos of the offroad prowess of the Bronco on Jeep's home turf, or the Bronco having to pull a Rubicon out of a hole on the Escalator at Moab, this is definitely not good marketing. They then make horrible comparisons like Jeep's EcoDiesel to Ford's gas powered lineup which blows Jeeps gas lineup out of the water. They try saying that most people want their mirrors to come off when even the vast majority of Rubicon owners never take their vehicle off the pavement (most people simply have mall crawlers, which is okay). Hey FCA, "It's illegal to run on pavement without side-view mirrors!" Their marketing was very subpar to say the least. Just my two cents.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, we don't know if the Bronco modular top won't have leak issues. These seals tend to deform over time and create leaks. Jeep has the rain gutter issue when it's raining.
Hopefully, Ford has a better water channeling system that prevents water to come down on the front seat when doors open in rainy weahter.
I see your statement, but will add, I've owned 3 FSB's in the past (yeah the regulars have seen this posted all around). And I've removed the roof in everyone of them. Not once did I ever have a leak! And 2 of those I owned long enough to drive them past 200k miles. So when it comes to water issues, I'd say I trust Ford over Jeep any day of the week. But that's just me personally.

Now if we are talking tailgate rot... well that's a different story... but again (as I've stated forever) I'd still take a tailgate over a swing gate any day!

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think when speaking of reliability, we're going for the long-term option. It's widely known that the JD Power awards are "iffy" to say the least.

Initial quality award - "Passed QC at the factory / the few people who have bought and tested this car didn't find the issues yet"

[Additional Info]
Oh, no... I really shouldn't have looked into this.

" J.D. Power surveys the owners of new cars with a questionnaire that covers 223 problems organized into nine categories: climate, driving assistance, driving experience, exterior, features/controls/displays, infotainment, interior, powertrain and seats. This year's study was redesigned to hone in on the problems owners face in the real world, with a renewed focus on high-tech features and driving assistance technologies."

If you understand how surveys work, and the general population - they're going to love their new car, especially if they are satisfied with the price and what they get out of it.
Hence, Dodge and Kia tied for first. They're the 'value for money' brands, while Toyota sits around the middle of the pack for reliability, sure...
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.