Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Give it time...
Yeah, and it's not like the Jeep is that badass off the lot. Even if we're being generous, maybe 1 out of every 100 trails you come across will be impassable by a stock Bronco but not a stock Jeep.

And what's "bad ass" off roading? If it's hauling ass rather than crawling along at 1 mph, the Bronco will immediately be better.
Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am a motorhead... plain and simple. There aren't too many mfg's (auto or motorcycle) that don't produce a product I would be proud to own. You could argue pros and cons for eternity between one offering and another. What I have found is there is never a perfect, but a "perfect for me"... at the time. I have owned a couple of vehicles that i said "they will bury me in". They are gone as my needs and desires have changed over the years. Mind you, every one of our vehicles is and has been a toy as well as transportation.

Right now my wife and I really enjoy the freedom to explore where most can't in the JK. Every time we run a "difficult" trial and someone mentions the Bronco, she says "just make sure we can run the trails we do now if you are going to get one".

I know that most of the Broncos to hit the street will never see anything more than an occasional washed out fire road. I get that and I respect the benefits of the IFS. We own a Raptor and I love it for what it is. It is NOT the right tool for the job to get us to the top of a 8/10 rated rocky trail at 13,000+ feet.

Jury is still out for me as I evaluate if the IFS will meet my needs without spending $8k in suspension upgrades. That being said, I wouldn't bash anyone for the decision they make in what is "perfect for them".

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m an off road vehicle junky. I like Jeep, ford, Toyota, what ever. I would love to own them all. So I don’t have a bias any way.

The bronco, like the 4Runner, will be limited to 35s, without some major work. Basically, the badlands is going to be close to the max off-road performance you will get out of . That’s not bad, it obviously does really well. The difference is, the rubicon stock, is at its beginning of off road capabilities.
You did see the photos of the Bronco with a 2 inch lift and 37's didnt you? I wouldn't call that major work.
Also running 37's on a Rubicon without upgraded axles and trusses is a break waiting to happen. It will be interesting to see if this will be an issue with the Bronco.

Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It will probably still be conservative in design and boring.
If Toyota wanted to become a real player in the space and had any balls, they'd drop the 4Runner altogether and release the LC300 with a starting price of $39,900. But they don't and they won't.

Harl of Jager

Base
First Name
Harl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 1989 B2s
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's interesting how Jeep keeps rolls out the original FORD Willy's overland pictures before there was ever a "JEEP". I just wonder if that was one of the 280,000 FORD version of the Bantam overland built in the 40s? FYI, FORD also built the M151 version that took over where Willys left off. The M151 was used by the military up until the early 90s, it also had an IFA. So who exactly has a legitimate claim to the original Jeep brand? One of the original builders FORD, or some johnny come lately company known for piss poor quality who simply bought the rights to the name? I think I'll stick with the original builders, Ford Motor Company....

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One of the funnier aspects of the pamphlet is talking about the lower body line for improved visibility.
The Jeep community has been pleading for 1/2 doors since the release of the JL/JLU.
Jeep we’re listening, we just don’t give a sh!t.

Bronco_CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TIE Fighter
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Last year I went to one of the major auto shows on press day and got to speak with a member of the engineering team for the Gladiator/Wrangler. I asked specifically why interior space hasn’t grown to accommodate larger frame people like myself (98th percentile American male) over the JK, to which he replied that they have a specific footprint they engineer around while accommodating the associated hardware. He followed that up with a generic “sorry,” which is fine by me. I’ve always liked Jeeps, but it seems they’re only interested in building a newer and better Jeep Wrangler for their existing customer base. I could say the same thing for the Toyota Tacoma. This isn’t fan boyism, just practical needs of some consumers. Based on some measurements and at least one documented story, Ford seems to have addressed one of the most important needs I have as a consumer with the Bronco.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be interesting to see how the Bronco affects the 2023 4Runner that will be based on an all new Tundra platform.
I was seriously considering a 4Runner - covid slowed me down from shopping - Bronco gets debuted - I am willing to wait out my reservation. --- But I aint waiting until 2023 - that's fer sure.

Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have you honestly owned a ford in the past decade? Ford has come a long long way with reliability and also way better interior materials that don’t break easily. And yes I have owned new cars from all big 3 companies and I say Ford is above the other 2 as far as quality goes but that is just me.
2015 Mustang GT and it wasn't the most reliable. My neighbor's 2016 F-150 has been in and out of the shop. This is all anecdotal, of course. Ford uses plastics everywhere in their interiors. $75k Raptor has so much plastic in it, it's not even funny. Not to mention the newer Raptors are not the most reliable either. Generally, the big 3 are equally, shitty. Have they improved? Yes. Are they to the level of Toyota? Not even close. So again, bragging about Ford's reliability compared to FCA is just funny. Keep on drinking the kool-aid.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow! All that time and effort to point out all the advantages the Wrongler has over the Bronco and yet there's no mention of the #1 feature that comes standard on every Wrongler sooner or later: DEATH WOBBLE!
When you spend a lot of time talking about the competition instead of yourself, it isn't a good sign.

Jeep will always be Jeep, I don't think anyone is knocking them off the top anytime soon. It is interesting to see them scrambling though.

A bunch of people I know in my suburbia bubble went through their wrangler phase. Most last about 2 years. Super high on the cool factor, but terrible ride, reliability, and comfort. Great memories but not enough to make me ever want to go back.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many Jeep salespeople will still even be selling cars in a year? Hahahaha

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How many times does this have to be brought up ************TORQUE CONVERTER*************
And you still don't get it. You have to have the torque there, to have it multiplied (converted).
Keep ignoring the time element!!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.