Status
Not open for further replies.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How many times does this have to be brought up ************STOP YELLING AT US*************

What exactly are you two fighting about anyways?
Technically, I don't think that was brought up yet. When ignorance keeps surfacing, sometimes you have to "protest" :)
Sponsored

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get that and I respect the benefits of the IFS. We own a Raptor and I love it for what it is. It is NOT the right tool for the job to get us to the top of a 8/10 rated rocky trail at 13,000+ feet.

Jury is still out for me as I evaluate if the IFS will meet my needs without spending $8k in suspension upgrades. That being said, I wouldn't bash anyone for the decision they make in what is "perfect for them".
As someone thats not a motorhead, this is the biggest thing for me. I want to get into off roading, so all these special features in the high end off road models Jeep and Bronco boasts mean nothing because they all seem trivial when it comes to off road performance. They'll both bring you to 90% of where you wanna go. The biggest difference is the IFS. This is a great representation that I haven't seen yet (only vocally explained):

Ford Bronco Is FCA getting nervous? Publishes Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Info Sheet Guide 1597941438480

When you mention "8k upgrade", are you saying its possible for the IFS to *act* like a solid front axle, similar to example above?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't blame jeep for trying to point out things... hell they have to do something. But I got a kick out of 2 of their key points.

"Limited Slip" .... duh... Bronco comes standard with 4 wheel drive and rear lockers at a Min.

"Mirrors come off with the doors" .... yeah, aren't they listening.. THAT'S the problem, not a sales point. You can't drive without at least a driver side mirror and you can't take your doors to the off-road site before you remove them because you have no place to put them. Sure you can buy aftermarket sans door mirrors... but that's the point.

I think Jeeps counter needs to be about what they are changing to get with the times, not about what they have been production forever with the same old issues.

Oh.. and the little pic of the IFS vs SFA... at first I was like.. yeah, I'll give you that one cause your front diff would scrape... then I thought.. oh wait.. all those video's of the bronco where it just picks the front tire off the ground so nothing does scrape... yup... lost that one too Jeep.

CrazyHorse

Badlands
First Name
Yuri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha R1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In a similar fashion, this forum needs to make a list of every perceivable advantage of the Bronco.
FCA really scrambled for ideas to create those 4 pages. I think Ford could triple that easily, if they wanted to look back at FCA tactics.

Baron von Bruce

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The JD Power & Associates is based only on the first 90 days of ownership. What problems do you think are going to pop up in the first three months? How about three years. Talk to a mechanic and the People who actually work on the things! FCA quality has gotten really bad. Paying to be in a award category from a advertising business doesn’t prove anything. Real awards don’t make you pay for them.

Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As someone thats not a motorhead, this is the biggest thing for me. I want to get into off roading, so all these special features in the high end off road models Jeep and Bronco boasts mean nothing because they all seem trivial when it comes to off road performance. They'll both bring you to 90% of where you wanna go. The biggest difference is the IFS. This is a great representation that I haven't seen yet (only vocally explained):

1597941438480.png

When you mention "8k upgrade", are you saying its possible for the IFS to *act* like a solid front axle, similar to example above?

I am saying to get the articulation I have now, I will likely have to replace upper and lower control arms (and associated minor parts) and possibly axles as well as shocks. You can look at some of the Toyota Tacoma lifts that allow good articulation for examples. I am not particularly concerned with the center ground clearance depicted in the illustration as we drag skid plates over rocks all the time.

Ford Bronco Is FCA getting nervous? Publishes Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Info Sheet Guide K2M_9767

Ford Bronco Is FCA getting nervous? Publishes Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Info Sheet Guide 115969095_10220547314544986_2323029213059670628_o

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you see how theirs isn't centered? It's shifted right so it didn't hug the mound too.
I've gotta give this one to Jeep, with the solid axle one can pick a line with consideration to the location of the diff. With IFS there is no picking the whole centerline hangs down.

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And you still don't get it. You have to have the torque there, to have it multiplied (converted).
Keep ignoring the time element!!!
You have to have torque where? Someplace the converter flashes right past?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You did see the photos of the Bronco with a 2 inch lift and 37's didnt you? I wouldn't call that major work.
You may not be aware, the Bronco with the 2 inch lift and 37's is a show concept that is using a Raptor rear end, many threads and posts on this forum about it, it is not a a simple lift.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not really. Other than a big v8 (which Jeep doesn't even have yet) and power soft top, I don't see anything on that list I'd like to see Ford adopt.
To me, all that boils down to three points:
you can get a Mopar 2-1/2” lift (or 4”) and put on 37’s for about the same price as Sasquatch. Afterward you would be 16” + off the ground and gain articulation.

SFA is pretty straight forward To repair and durable

there is a huge ecosystem of aftermarket that Ford will need to catch up to. Even the soccer moms like to accessorize.

Carreratime

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They conveniently neglected to include the biggest Bronco advantage:

NOT A FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILE.

Jeep is failing to account for Bronco buyers like myself: I'd never buy a Jeep because of the build quality, reliability issues, and the Jeep owner stigma. Sure, plenty of the less-than-ideal Jeep owners will buy a Bronco, but Jeep carries the biggest douchebag following of any automotive niche in the world. I'd rather drive a fartcan-equipped Honda over an angry-unibrowed mall crawler Jeep.
Add to that FCA is merging with French company Peugeot to form the new company "Stellantis" next year. Uncertainty will plague all US based brands in 2021 and beyond.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am saying to get the articulation I have now, I will likely have to replace upper and lower control arms (and associated minor parts) and possibly axles as well as shocks. You can look at some of the Toyota Tacoma lifts that allow good articulation for examples. I am not particularly concerned with the center ground clearance depicted in the illustration as we drag skid plates over rocks all the time.

K2M_9767.jpg

115969095_10220547314544986_2323029213059670628_o.jpg
You hit the nail on the head. The brochure mentions articulation verbally, but added a diagram focused solely on ground clearance, even though the greater benefit is articulation, which keeps wheels on the ground for traction more frequently.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.