Sponsored

Is Ford Benchmarking the Toyota 4Runner for a New Bronco?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We have had plenty of threads debating the Bronco vs the 4Runner, that is not the point of this thread.

We have heard Ford will continue to expand the Bronco family, what if Ford is using their test 4Runner vehicle for NVH Testing (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) and other benchmark criteria to develop a new fixed hardtop Bronco to go head to head with the 4Runner?

Is Ford Benchmarking the Toyota 4Runner for a New Bronco?

A suspicious 4Runner TRD Pro has been spotted cruising around Dearborn.

Ford Bronco Is Ford Benchmarking the Toyota 4Runner for a New Bronco? E98yWNoVcAQoDRi?format=jpg&name=medium
Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i mean i imagine an row Everest would be simple to import/build here since its just a 4 door ranger with a short chassis.
Ford Bronco Is Ford Benchmarking the Toyota 4Runner for a New Bronco? 1630453729631

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Rumor is they are making a non-removable hardtop Bronco. So, a 4Runner would be your target there. I posted a thread about it earlier, but it got Doug’d as a duplicate. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i mean i imagine an row Everest would be simple to import/build here since its just a 4 door ranger with a short chassis.
1630453729631.png
That just reminded me of this post last Saturday, could it be. :unsure:
An Everest covered in camo was testing in Detroit earlier this year... Maybe they're bringing it here finally.. Personally, I'd select a fixed roof Bronco over any of the other roof options, even if it was like the 5G. My Broncos roof and doors are staying where they are. I'm buying a 4x4 station wagon. The Bronco is as close as I can configure to an AMC Eagle or 1st generation Explorer.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i mean they have been testing rhd rangers here as well. so an everest being tested wouldnt surprise me.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easy, set the Flex body on the Bronco frame....
once you see that Bronco/Flex body overlay somebody here created, you can't unsee it.

We're all going nutso over lifted Flex's.
LOL

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

not a bad goal to strive for. toyota is legendary for their build quality. may not be the fastest but it always finishes...

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can see something fixed roof. I mean there are articles about a fixed roof to compete with LR...but I think the 4runner would be a better matchup.

One thing I liked about the 4runner is the rear window that rolls down. If they can get a liftgate/tailgate setup that could be cool...heck...just put a fixed rear clamshell on it and leave the middle to be a removable section or sunroof.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I liked about the 4runner is the rear window that rolls down.
Too funny, your comment brings up some good memories.
.... wayyyyyy back before the reveal, here at B6G, the roll down window was brought up fairly often and it was always shouted down by everybody that had one eventually fail in some fashion.

I had one that I can recall, it was fine, but it was the exception to all the others I encountered over the years. LOL

Deleted member 3063

Since the camoed Everest spotted was left hand drive version perhaps the 4 runner was being bench marked against it and not the Bronco. 😁
Everest, the next member of the Bronco family. Way better looking than the 4 runner.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too funny, your comment brings up some good memories.
.... wayyyyyy back before the reveal, here at B6G, the roll down window was brought up fairly often and it was always shouted down by everybody that had one eventually fail in some fashion.

I had one that I can recall, it was fine, but it was the exception to all the others I encountered over the years. LOL
My 90 Full Size Bronco rear window worked...sometimes it was slow but it always worked. I always enjoyed rolling around with the back window down it really helped with the wind noise and buffeting.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Id be down for a hard roof bronco. As long as the top could be white. Wife isnt getting a bronco for the removable roof anyways, I have a jeep for that. She just has to have some sort of open air roof (even another sunroof would work). Whole plan was for the white top mod roof. I and she could give 2 sh*ts for the mic top or soft top.
Sponsored