Sponsored

Is Ford going to update the hvac vents?

How’s your floor heater?

• Who cares about heat. It’s a purpose built 4x4.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those having the issue, what temp is your HVAC set at? No Bronco yet so I can't test. My F-150 at 71F or lower the system is running the A/C at 72F+ it switches over to heat. Huge difference in the amount of warm air flowing. Worth trying if you are running at lower temps on the HVAC setting.
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am guessing it will be sometime after they figure out how to spell QC and actually do it...lol.

BigBlue4

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a Ford Ranger for a year as a bridge vehicle to the bronco and that a had wayyyyy worse HVAC system. I did some research on the Ranger Forum and found out the pipes for the floor vents in the 2019 models would literally come apart in the dash from vibrations from potholes or off roading. Not sure if thats a similar problem the Bronco has or if it really is a software update fixable problem. What I do know is that my 2 door Big Bend creates heat so well that I RARELY have to go past the halfway mark on the dial and have only put it all the way down twice when the temperature was in the single digits. Even then after driving it for 10 min and the engine warming up I could re-adjust the to the halfway point and be happy. I do have the sound deadening headliner and carpet floors which I think really helps with insulating the vehicle. Ive had zero problems with the floor vents, they have done a great job for me. I RARELY if ever use the air circulation button, I always select the airflow myself which might help with the force of the air. Love the heating system, I could cook a Turkey in there. I find myself cracking the windows while driving it gets so hot lol, its awesome, it reminds me of my dads 1980's chevy silverado he had when I was a kid.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
??? Crappy Airflow?

I normally turn the knob down to 2 or 3 they put out so much air on higher settings.

Unless you mean the floor vents for the rear. In which case, why would they do that. The F-150 has the same vent's.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
??? Crappy Airflow?

I normally turn the knob down to 2 or 3 they put out so much air on higher settings.

Unless you mean the floor vents for the rear. In which case, why would they do that. The F-150 has the same vent's.

Crappy airflow on the floor vents yes. The other modes are damn strong

Sponsored

NasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Naomi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would take it in to get checked out. I have a 4dr Bronco with no heat issues. My MIL is always cold, keeps her house on 80. When she visited over Christmas it was in the 20's - 30's. I put a blanket back there for her in case she was cold, she didn't even need it since the temperature was comfortable for her.

Edit: I also have a soft top.

Rrehder

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I sure wish they would. The lack of air on the floor is so frustrating
I agree. I have to close at least one upper vent and turn the heat full blast to get adequate footwell heat

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just driving, and hit the floor vent only. No air on the drivers side, but I can see air blowing over the paper I stuffed in the passenger side floor board (to see if there was air movement). And the plot thickens a bit.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They seem to work fine for me 🤷‍♂️ the floor vents are a little weak, but I doubt that has anything to do with software or that any OTA update would fix. Just a poor design of the vent itself.
My Brocno is a Hot box. Heat starts quick and whole cab heats quick. I usually put it on forward and windshield. switch to winshield and a floor after warmed

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
…

Ford Bronco Is Ford going to update the hvac vents? DF27967E-4304-4AD1-8BCF-2DBB4C1FCA0E

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My aunt had a Cherokee from the early 90's (late 80's?) whose AC blew like a 60 year asthmatic smoker. It was the worst, and in Houston that meant something. But the heat, man it would blow good. She still had it for 20+ years. Until she got a Grand Cherokee whose master board warped and would slip into 4L on a whim (which is tricky in traffic). Now she has the Grand Cherokee that has the Quadra 2 drive.

Moral of the story: Sometimes the things we love, don't love us back. :whistle: đź—ˇ

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, nope, not even close. They're selling vehicles that run from $40-$60k, and up. Heat on the floor is about as basic a feature as you can get. Your analogy is a bit of a miss on this one, even though it is funny, and I laughed.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, nope, not even close. They're selling vehicles that run from $40-$60k, and up. Heat on the floor is about as basic a feature as you can get. Your analogy is a bit of a miss on this one, even though it is funny, and I laughed.
I agree, and heat in the back makes sense... But growing up in the south, I did not realize there were even vents in the back. What luxury! (Maybe my dad taped 'em shut so he got more AC, he woulda done that!)

I mean, we use to fight over who got the vents from the front. It was HOT in ol' Houston with a family of five crammed in a sedan from the 70's.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, and heat in the back makes sense... But growing up in the south, I did not realize there were even vents in the back. What luxury! (Maybe my dad taped 'em shut so he got more AC, he woulda done that!)

I've got a 2 door, and don't really care about the back seat, but I'd like to be able to blow some heat on my Feet in February... even in the south ;)

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a 2 door, and don't really care about the back seat, but I'd like to be able to blow some heat on my Feet in February... even in the south ;)
Sure. I was commenting on the perceived luxury. Until this thread, I had no idea it was a common feature. For decades.
Sponsored