Sponsored

Is Ford throwing us a bone after the manual/Mid Package debacle?

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would Ford be trying to push us into the Auto by offering it as a free upgrade? I’ve noticed if we select the 2.7, the 10 spd is included, not charged on B&P. A glitch or another way of pushing us away from the 7 speed?

was really looking forward to the 7 spd capabilities, but if I have to sacrifice it, might as well get the bigger engine with it. Just my thoughts & curiosity.
Sponsored

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I vote yes in the case of the automatic transmission, I think they are at least in the sasquatch situation as Manual is not available(yet). They would have to be really incompetent to have something like that wrong in the B&P.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its a glitch ,the mansqatch is comming

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would Ford be trying to push us into the Auto by offering it as a free upgrade? I’ve noticed if we select the 2.7, the 10 spd is included, not charged on B&P. A glitch or another way of pushing us away from the 7 speed?

was really looking forward to the 7 spd capabilities, but if I have to sacrifice it, might as well get the bigger engine with it. Just my thoughts & curiosity.
I love stick, but we need auto cause others jn the house cant drive stick and they dont want to learn; id be afraid to try to teach'em too ??.

... so i was relieved i dont have to pay extra when getting the auto/ 2.7 ??.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s nothing about the man squatch, it’s about getting mid level equipment with the manual trans.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my mind it made the Big Bend mid package make more sense price wise now. I still wonder how much of these Bronco issues are somewhat related to supplier/Covid/trade issues. Sounds like they are still having trouble getting Rangers built. My dealer only has 1 on the lot and didn’t know when they would have more. It’s a fairly large dealer too.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think they are leading 21’ers in the direction of what they have supply for. As much as I want a 7MT, the 2.7 / auto price is an attractive option. (And it would suck if that price went up in ‘22.)

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think they are leading 21’ers in the direction of what they have supply for. As much as I want a 7MT, the 2.7 / auto price is an attractive option. (And it would suck if that price went up in ‘22.)
That’s where I’m at with it. The 10 spd has been in production for a while now, plenty to go around for everyone. With the 7 spd being a new offering only for the bronco, I think that plays a hand in it.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And in turn, they’re giving us the 10 spd upgrade, rather than making us pay for it.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

when do you think it will become available ? and what will it do to our reservation status ? I'm waiting .....
We are def gonna be at the end of the 21 line if your in a hurry go with 2.7 auto ?

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok so we have seen that the initial spec sheets from launch were not 100% accurate....

The bronco is based upon the ranger platform. So maybe....

The 2.7 only comes as auto....just as the ranger.

Keep the same assembly and lines rather than slow production having another assembly line going.

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They could take 5k off the auto and id still hold for the stick. Being Ford is based in Michigan one would assume they'd realize a stick and Mid should be a pretty novice concept. I just dont understand it and it has my on the fence for waiting for a latter year model. Admittedly after B&P i checked out Jeeps, Tacos, and Rangers, and a few others but im just not interested in them enough. Rather drive my jalopy for a few more years untill Ford fixes this problem or i fall in love with another vehicle. (K5 jealosy rumor on this releases success)

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
They could take 5k off the auto and id still hold for the stick. Being Ford is based in Michigan one would assume they'd realize a stick and Mid should be a pretty novice concept. I just dont understand it and it has my on the fence for waiting for a latter year model. Admittedly after B&P i checked out Jeeps, Tacos, and Rangers, and a few others but im just not interested in them enough. Rather drive my jalopy for a few more years untill Ford fixes this problem or i fall in love with another vehicle. (K5 jealosy rumor on this releases success)
x100. I'm manual or bust. I can't stand to drive an automatic with more than 4 or 5 gears and that is pushing it. So if the manual is delayed or axed, I will let Ford know how big the ball was that they dropped.
Sponsored