Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At some point tire size apparently impacts the analysis.....

Ford Bronco Is it a "Truck"?? 1633096072543
Sponsored

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd say it's more truck than anything else. I call any FSB or EB a truck being that the chassis and drivetrains are taken straight out of the truck lines. The new Bronco is Ranger based, similar drivetrains and all. Combine body on frame to the fact that it was based off the Ranger platform, you can 100% call it a truck.

Then again, I know a bunch of people who call Samurai's cars....

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dammit... I was going to add that in there too ... I just knew some smart ass would have to say it.
LMAO

That is my term of preference though..."Hey, I'm stopping to get a coke." (buys Dr. Pepper/ Mtn Dew/ Pepsi/ etc etc)
When I moved to Augusta, GA during high school, it took me awhile to understand that when my friends asked, "What kind of coke do you want?" they didn't mean did I want Coke, Diet Coke, or Cherry Coke.🤷‍♀️

I can't tell you how many times it took hearing someone answer that question with "Dr. Pepper" or "7-Up" before I understood. 🤣🤣🤣

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No dude, just no.

Sponsored

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
I recently read a pretty simple definition of what is a car vs a truck. Cars carry people, trucks carry cargo .

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When you have to start spelling out all the qualifications that make your ride a "truck".... it's not.

If you had a Bronco and an F150 in your driveway, and you told your friends "Let's go, we'll take my truck" No one is going to head for the Bronco.

I swear some people just want to say they drive a TRUCK because their ego doesn't wanna say car, SUV, wagon or anything else 🙄
Yea some people run in certain social circles that would never admit they own a Truck. People who run in these circles look down on people who own anything that remotely has a connection to a Truck. Ford lists the Bronco as a SUV and plainly states its built on a Truck Frame. And there is the RUB. It is hard for certain social circles to admit or choke down the Bronco is built on a truck frame. :unsure: :cool:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just gonna embrace the obvious, and call my CO Badlands the Short Bus.

Sponsored

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are people referring their Bronco as a "Truck"? Just curious.
Funny you asked that! When referring to my WT, she calls it “your truck”. I asked her why and she says “it’s a truck in SUV clothing” besides she says, “My dad’s 70’s bronco never had a top on it” and they called it “Dad’s truck” 🤷🏽‍♂️👈🏼😂

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would never have referred to this as a truck. After reading through this thread, and careful analysis, the side coming down as it not bring a truck seem to be too easily offended. I therefore have switched camps, and will now refer to it as a truck.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I swear some people just want to say they drive a TRUCK because their ego doesn't wanna say car, SUV, wagon or anything else 🙄
I very unironically LOVE wagons. V60 T8? Yes please. MachE? If i had a driveway I'd already have one plugged in. V90 (non cross-country BS)? Lovely. RS6 Avant? What a blessing. E wagon before the facelift and the lift-lift on the non-AMG version? loved it. CTSV wagon in manual? Where do I sign up? Wood Paneled Buick Roadmaster Estate? Not reliable enough for a daily, but I'd love one. But a wagon has a specific purpose, and lifting an estate/avant/wagon/station wagon makes it not a wagon anymore.

The problem with calling a Wrangler or a Bronco an SUV is the term has been co-opted by crossovers. First it was crossover, then CUV, now all crossovers are called SUVs. So while the original definition of SUV is the closest thing to a Bronco, no one wants their Bronco confused with a Toyota CHR (which they call an suv but it's just a fucking hatchback. my K900 sedan had a taller roofline than the CHR). For the record I do consider all proper body on frame SUVs to be trucks. If you'd like you can explain the difference between an F150 with a cap and an expedition and what makes those two things so different, but I probably wont buy your argument. Both are trucks, one is a pickup truck.

As for car, every automobile is a car. F150, Versa, Bronco. Smart, Excursion.

So back to your example. You have a bronco and an F150 in the driveway and you say "lets get in the truck" which one are people going for? For me I'd be using context clues. "Let's get in the truck and go wheelin" Bronco. "Let's get in the truck and grab the jetskis" F150. "Let's get in the truck and cruise" Bronco. "Let's get in the truck and run to home depot" f150. But here's the stuff that leans towards your side: "let's get in the truck and head to the restaurant" yea, i'm probably getting in the F150.
Sponsored