Sponsored

Is it boujie that I don’t want the dealership to wash my FE when it comes in?

OP
OP

don1n

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m going to ask them not to wash mine, no dealership decals/license plate frames, and not to install the front license plate frame until I pick it up and am satisfied where it’ll be mounted.
Didn’t think of the sticker and frame, good idea, thanks. Funny story, I saw a guy install a temp tag and plate frame with an impact Gun at dealership before 🤣🤣 Long story short, they had to remove the plate holder and install a new one.
Sponsored

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use to ask dealerships not to wash my new vehicle on arrival for reasons you've already listed (I do my own detailing / ceramic coatings).

However - It really doesn't matter anymore because I'd be doing the same steps to the new vehicle once home as I would be on a vehicle that's been through a dealership/gas station wash its entire life.

Especially if you plan to have someone apply PPF/ceramic coating. They SHOULD go through the standard process regardless of it being brand new. Just a little less intensive process. You'd be surprised what condition the surface of a new vehicle already is in once it arrives at the dealership.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm requesting the same. Leave all plastic on, don't wash it, don't drill on the front license plate holder, and don't slap a decal or license plate frame on it.
Same, I want it exactly as it left the factory.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really don’t want them to wash it, I’ve seen washers at dealerships wipe the wheels and car with the same rag. Can/should I request that it not be washed?
YES!! alot of stealerships also use those automatic car washes that cause paint swirls too...

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I work at a dealership, when mine comes in they aren't touching it!

Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Them washing it won't be any worse than when it was cleaned up and wiped down at the factory. It will already have swirl marks no matter what. So if you are that particular plan on some light buffing day one anyway. And it will be filthy from transport so you'd prob be pissed at the shape it's in if they didn't wash it.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really don’t want them to wash it, I’ve seen washers at dealerships wipe the wheels and car with the same rag. Can/should I request that it not be washed?
I've asked this on every new car I've ever bought. Sometimes they comply, sometimes they don't. But yes, I'd also prefer the lot boy isn't running his gritty old mop over my brand-new paint.

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doing a paint correction if it's not freezing out lol sooooooo dealer do not wash my car.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not at all I actually got the tags from obsessed garage that read the vehicle is dialed in please do not wash.
Sponsored