PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or does it seem like every manufacturer out there is advertising on TV how rough and tough their just another cross over is out in the wild on dirt roads that my '61 Dodge Lancer would handle with ease. Seems like that's the only advertising I see...
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally. I saw one commercial during the Super Bowl advertising a pickup truck that was “trail ready” right off the lot. I just shook my head.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not just you. I recently got rid of my VW Passat but while I had it I was seeing commercials thinking I could do that. Hell, Ohio potholes are riskier than a smooth gravel road.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's that gott damm Outback thing that got started by Paul Hogan many many moons back!

Now all these Subie owners think they have offroad rigs and everybody else thinks they can join in now with their AWD Edges and CRV's.

So, way back in the early days of 6G, folks were asking ... and they still are ... "Do we really need the Broncos capabilities or should we get somethig more road friendly?"

One of my favorite answers was to the effect of ...."Most likely, you'll drive your Bronco through some very sketchy terrain trying to get to that area few have dared to go .... you'll get through it and you'll be glad you bought the Bronco and didn't settle for something less.. you the man! You and your machine are unstoppable!!! ....and when you finally reach the site, there will be two young gals in a stock Outback wagon on street tires that had already beat you to it. And you're going to wonder how in the hell they managed to get through to get here."

I find it humorous because it is so true.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You guys are watching commercials?

Sponsored

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mean anyone can mob their suv down logging trails, but they’ll rattle themselves apart after several years…. My hope is that the Bronco doesn’t do that…

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nissan and Subaru are the two that come to immediate mind. Don’t see any Broncos or CJs though 🤔
Sponsored