Sponsored

Is it normal for some of the sealant on the roof to stick up?

McDimps

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So in November I had to take my 2 Dr BB back to the dealership for a leak issue by the sunglasses holder in the middle. I just got it back today as it was leaking for the second time in the same spot (and worse than the first time). I looked over the roof today and looks fine, except I noticed that where all 3 panels meet, a little bit of sealant sticks out kinda like Alfalfa's haircut.

I don't think it'll cause issues as it isn't even where the leak was to begin with. But I also don't want to have to send it back to the dealership for the third time. Does anyone else's have this little bit of sealant sticking up? Sorry for the mediocre photo, couldn't get anything better at the moment.

PXL_20221221_013546064.jpg
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So in November I had to take my 2 Dr BB back to the dealership for a leak issue by the sunglasses holder in the middle. I just got it back today as it was leaking for the second time in the same spot (and worse than the first time). I looked over the roof today and looks fine, except I noticed that where all 3 panels meet, a little bit of sealant sticks out kinda like Alfalfa's haircut.

I don't think it'll cause issues as it isn't even where the leak was to begin with. But I also don't want to have to send it back to the dealership for the third time. Does anyone else's have this little bit of sealant sticking up? Sorry for the mediocre photo, couldn't get anything better at the moment.

Ford Bronco Is it normal for some of the sealant on the roof to stick up? PXL_20221221_013546064
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

PcolaBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Shelby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr, BD Sasquatch, Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco Is it normal for some of the sealant on the roof to stick up? PXL_20221221_013546064
Mine looks the same and started leaking this week. I usually keep it in the garage but it stayed outside in the rain this week so this was the first opportunity for it to leak I guess. I have driven in the rain but not let it sit out in the rain all day/night. It leaked right above the Aux Switches (assuming same location as sunglass holder). I guess I will taking this into the dealer for repair too. Please post back here if you get resolution from Ford.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That piece stuck out on my OBX also, but it never leaked. I’d pushed back in the groove.
Sponsored