Sponsored

Is it possible to get my Bronco by the end of the year?

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey all, I reserved my 4dr 2.7 Black Diamond, w/ tow package and MIC Hard Top on day 1. I still don't have any news, as I sit in my bronco hammock looking at my concept poster. My wife is getting really upset with me hanging on to my 2007 Explorer Sport Trac like I'll get the bronco whenever it magically shows up. (I know she's really excited about it too) She's asked me to look for a different vehicle several times, and I think she's starting to lose faith in Ford and develop a dislike for the bronco too. (I know a lot of people are going through the same thing) She's willing to wait until the end of the year, and I will admit I was willing to wait longer, but we are getting to the end of the Sport Trac's life, and I don't want to settle for just any vehicle. (We actually have a plan where we buy a new vehicle every 10 years, but alternate between the two of us each 5 years. 2020 was my year to buy a new vehicle, and I picked the Bronco.

But I thought I would ask your advice....

I want to try to get the Bronco by Dec 31 2021.
1) Do I stay with the MIC Hard Top and Pray Ford can get mine out before the end of 2021?
2) Do I switch to the soft top to rush the possible delivery?
3) Is there something else I can do?
or 4) Do a just get a Jeep?

Thanks for any thoughts.
-Jared Ford
Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While FMC got off to a slow start on the Bronco, I get the impression that production is gaining steam. Hopefully the MIC top issue is resolved. It's hard to foresee what the ongoing chip shortage and other commodity shortages may do to production by I don't plan to settle. I sure hope that I get my Bronco next year and I'm an October reservation holder. Good luck with whatever you decide but 10 years is a long time to wish you had waited for something else.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you really want the hard top? If so, can you wait a little longer? A day 1 reservation may get you in your Bronco by Spring as @Last Ride Bronco said. I know everyone is getting perturbed at Ford, but they will come through in the end. I drove a mannequin the other day and it solidified my choice that I can wait as long as it takes. Call around to dealers in your area and find one to test drive. Take your wife with you when you go. I drove one at a dealer over an hour away. My dealer still does not have his yet. Make sure they will let you drive it before you show up. Once you drive one, you may be willing to wait.
Keep chunking money in the bank and once you get it, it will be paid off sooner.
Ford has already said that they will not be issuing any new VINs with hard tops until they start the MY22. They say that, but who knows...
Where do you fall at your dealer with their allocations?
I was 4th in line and got a VIN in July. I was the first at my dealer to get a VIN. Still no Bronco. Don't care. It will be here when it gets here. I may not get mine until after the first of the year anyway based on shipping and the fact that I do not have a new build date.
How many built so far? I think about 7 or 8 thousand. I can't remember. Someone posted the numbers recently on the forum. Now that the top issue is fixed, they should pump out about 3 thousand a week. Roughly 10 weeks to end of model year. That is 30,000 new ones before the end of the year. I bet they ramp up even more once they get going.
KEEP THE FAITH!!! Bronco good... Jeep bad!!! (This from a lifelong Jeep guy)

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all, I reserved my 4dr 2.7 Black Diamond, w/ tow package and MIC Hard Top on day 1. I still don't have any news, as I sit in my bronco hammock looking at my concept poster. My wife is getting really upset with me hanging on to my 2007 Explorer Sport Trac like I'll get the bronco whenever it magically shows up. (I know she's really excited about it too) She's asked me to look for a different vehicle several times, and I think she's starting to lose faith in Ford and develop a dislike for the bronco too. (I know a lot of people are going through the same thing) She's willing to wait until the end of the year, and I will admit I was willing to wait longer, but we are getting to the end of the Sport Trac's life, and I don't want to settle for just any vehicle. (We actually have a plan where we buy a new vehicle every 10 years, but alternate between the two of us each 5 years. 2020 was my year to buy a new vehicle, and I picked the Bronco.

But I thought I would ask your advice....

I want to try to get the Bronco by Dec 31 2021.
1) Do I stay with the MIC Hard Top and Pray Ford can get mine out before the end of 2021?
2) Do I switch to the soft top to rush the possible delivery?
3) Is there something else I can do?
or 4) Do a just get a Jeep?

Thanks for any thoughts.
-Jared Ford
If you don't have a VIN and don’t have a Production Date, you're up for a 2022. Personally, I think that's better outcome because there are more options and more choices, and you're still price protected. Whats another 6-9 months.

Some on this forum have gotten their Bronco built in 2021 (in the next few months) by switching to Soft Top. I'd talk with the dealer about trying that, since there's a HT connection kit now, you can get a nice HT in a couple of years. But it may be that the time window has expired on that option!

You might also talk to the dealer about keeping that Explorer running as economically as possible
or maybe there's a little old Lady from Pasadena in the neighborhood who doesn't need her extra car . . . there should be a beater preservation prize for you!

Is a Jeep an option? Really? How could you do such a thing!

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do what’s best for your situation. Personally, not only has the shine worn off, but it’s starting to look dated. After seeing what the Braptor possibly looks like, I have soured on the Bronco.

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you really want the hard top? If so, can you wait a little longer? A day 1 reservation may get you in your Bronco by Spring as @Last Ride Bronco said. I know everyone is getting perturbed at Ford, but they will come through in the end. I drove a mannequin the other day and it solidified my choice that I can wait as long as it takes. Call around to dealers in your area and find one to test drive. Take your wife with you when you go. I drove one at a dealer over an hour away. My dealer still does not have his yet. Make sure they will let you drive it before you show up. Once you drive one, you may be willing to wait.
Keep chunking money in the bank and once you get it, it will be paid off sooner.
Ford has already said that they will not be issuing any new VINs with hard tops until they start the MY22. They say that, but who knows...
I was 4th in line and got a VIN in July. I was the first at my dealer to get a VIN. Still no Bronco. Don't care. It will be here when it gets here. I may not get mine until after the first of the year anyway based on shipping and the fact that I do not have a new build date.
How many built so far? I think about 7 or 8 thousand. I can't remember. Someone posted the numbers recently on the forum. Now that the top issue is fixed, they should pump out about 3 thousand a week. Roughly 10 weeks to end of model year. That is 30,000 new ones before the end of the year. I bet they ramp up even more once they get going.
My Bronco is to be built Nov 8th. It’s VIN is in the 96,500 range. So that may mean Ford will be pumping quite a few out by the end of 2021. Of course this number also includes dealer mannequins.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Bronco is to be built Nov 8th. It’s VIN is in the 96,500 range. So that may mean Ford will be pumping quite a few out by the end of 2021. Of course this number also includes dealer mannequins.
Your VIN is not an indication of 96,500 Broncos. They couldn't do that in a good year, let alone this year. They maybe are doing 20-30k this year at best.

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your VIN is not an indication of 96,500 Broncos. They couldn't do that in a good year, let alone this year. They maybe are doing 20-30k this year at best.
The last part of your VIN is the sequential production number. So yes, it in fact means that there will be 96,500 vehicles built since vin #A00001 back in April.
Ford Bronco Is it possible to get my Bronco by the end of the year? 429F4C38-1B10-4653-B86B-10BEE9044E01

OP
OP
JRod Ford

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While FMC got off to a slow start on the Bronco, I get the impression that production is gaining steam. Hopefully the MIC top issue is resolved. It's hard to foresee what the ongoing chip shortage and other commodity shortages may do to production by I don't plan to settle. I sure hope that I get my Bronco next year and I'm an October reservation holder. Good luck with whatever you decide but 10 years is a long time to wish you had waited for something else.
Good Point!
I really can't imagine getting anything else than the Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JRod Ford

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm #7 out of their 19 allocations, but I'm in Oregon. I feel like the west coast isn't getting the broncos as quickly as anyone closer to Michigan. Am I wrong about that?

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The last part of your VIN is the sequential production number. So yes, it in fact means that there will be 96,500 vehicles built since vin #A00001 back in April.
Ford Bronco Is it possible to get my Bronco by the end of the year? 429F4C38-1B10-4653-B86B-10BEE9044E01
You’re also incorrect. You are looking at fleet VIN builds. This is what you need to look at. It isn’t in build number sequence. It is just a unique number given to each build. Ford hasn’t even Built 20,000 Broncos to date and they wont build 96,000 this year. If you think that you are delusional.
Ford Bronco Is it possible to get my Bronco by the end of the year? 70A91CFD-633A-4223-BF4C-C3023110C13D

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm #7 out of their 19 allocations, but I'm in Oregon. I feel like the west coast isn't getting the broncos as quickly as anyone closer to Michigan. Am I wrong about that?
You are correct- rail shipping to the west coast takes 2-4 weeks, truck shipping around the Midwest seems to be 3-10 days

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’re also incorrect. You are looking at fleet VIN builds. This is what you need to look at. It isn’t in build number sequence. It is just a unique number given to each build. Ford hasn’t even Built 20,000 Broncos to date and they wont build 96,000 this year. If you think that you are delusional.
Ford Bronco Is it possible to get my Bronco by the end of the year? 70A91CFD-633A-4223-BF4C-C3023110C13D
I’m not saying they are selling 96,000 Broncos. I’m saying 96,000 built. That includes mannequins, Bronco Off-Rodeo Broncos, etc. I don’t care if you believe me, just giving this guy some hope. Take a chill pill, buddy.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would get the soft top and call it a day. They fold down.....vs the hard top and you will get your Bronco ahead of everyone else. At this point I'd get a soft top in a heart beat if they offered it for the 2 door. You would probably get much much sooner...
Sponsored

Last edited: