Sponsored

Is it possible to get my Bronco by the end of the year?

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you really want the hard top? If so, can you wait a little longer? A day 1 reservation may get you in your Bronco by Spring as @Last Ride Bronco said. I know everyone is getting perturbed at Ford, but they will come through in the end. I drove a mannequin the other day and it solidified my choice that I can wait as long as it takes. Call around to dealers in your area and find one to test drive. Take your wife with you when you go. I drove one at a dealer over an hour away. My dealer still does not have his yet. Make sure they will let you drive it before you show up. Once you drive one, you may be willing to wait.
Keep chunking money in the bank and once you get it, it will be paid off sooner.
Ford has already said that they will not be issuing any new VINs with hard tops until they start the MY22. They say that, but who knows...
Where do you fall at your dealer with their allocations?
I was 4th in line and got a VIN in July. I was the first at my dealer to get a VIN. Still no Bronco. Don't care. It will be here when it gets here. I may not get mine until after the first of the year anyway based on shipping and the fact that I do not have a new build date.
How many built so far? I think about 7 or 8 thousand. I can't remember. Someone posted the numbers recently on the forum. Now that the top issue is fixed, they should pump out about 3 thousand a week. Roughly 10 weeks to end of model year. That is 30,000 new ones before the end of the year. I bet they ramp up even more once they get going.
KEEP THE FAITH!!! Bronco good... Jeep bad!!! (This from a lifelong Jeep guy)
I would 2nd this. This guy is going through it too and he gets it. I just drove a 2DR Wildtrack dealer demo earlier this week and hoooooly :poop:, it just re-energized me. It will be worth it. Do not give in, give up, or God forbid, buy a Jeep.

Yes, the wait sucks. Ford has not exactly been the best. But the pandemic sucks too and that has hurt a lot of this. I would take a test drive. On the one hand, it will re-energize you, but it will also make the wait harder because the truck is f'n glorious.

Follow this through to the end.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JRod Ford

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got the email this morning!!!!!!

Capture.PNG

OP
OP
JRod Ford

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey all, I reserved my 4dr 2.7 Black Diamond, w/ tow package and MIC Hard Top on day 1. I still don't have any news, as I sit in my bronco hammock looking at my concept poster. My wife is getting really upset with me hanging on to my 2007 Explorer Sport Trac like I'll get the bronco whenever it magically shows up. (I know she's really excited about it too) She's asked me to look for a different vehicle several times, and I think she's starting to lose faith in Ford and develop a dislike for the bronco too. (I know a lot of people are going through the same thing) She's willing to wait until the end of the year, and I will admit I was willing to wait longer, but we are getting to the end of the Sport Trac's life, and I don't want to settle for just any vehicle. (We actually have a plan where we buy a new vehicle every 10 years, but alternate between the two of us each 5 years. 2020 was my year to buy a new vehicle, and I picked the Bronco.

But I thought I would ask your advice....

I want to try to get the Bronco by Dec 31 2021.
1) Do I stay with the MIC Hard Top and Pray Ford can get mine out before the end of 2021?
2) Do I switch to the soft top to rush the possible delivery?
3) Is there something else I can do?
or 4) Do a just get a Jeep?

Thanks for any thoughts.
-Jared Ford
Got my Bronco VIN in April. After build date 5 came and went I gave up on Ford. It was hard; I had my heart set on the Bronco… but after going to test drive a Jeep JLU I realized that so much of the hate and negativity Jeep gets here is just misplaced Bronco-fandom. Everyone here wants to believe the Bronco is the new and flawless wonder that will dominate off road and kill off Jeep. They are basing that on….. really good Ford marketing.
My Jeep does everything I want it to do, and I am enjoying the hell out of it! You have to choose between a Saggy Bronco soft top that opens goofy in the rear, or a cardboard hardtop they tried to add some extra plastic to in order to keep it from leaking. I got a white Painted hard top with front freedom panels AND a premium Sunrider soft top for summer. Bronco owners get to choose between two turbo engines that would offer the advantage of improved fuel economy and power, at the cost of long term reliability. I got a proven 3.6L V6 mild hybrid with a 2kW generator that makes shifting smooth and provides me 25 miles to the gallon. The Bronco’s IFS rides smoother on the road, but don’t take those turns or trails to fast because you have a 36’ turning radius in both the two and four door variants; so even parking is a bitch. My Wrangler’s SFA gives me a 20.4’ turning radius so I can not only pull a U-turn on a residential street, I can more easily navigate trails and negotiate tight turns.

Is a Jeep right for you? Only you will know that. Visit your local Jeep dealer and test drive one. Don’t listen to what others have to say - present company included. Either vehicle is a big investment, and at the end of the day you need to be happy with how you spent it. You’re going to be working to pay for it for a long time.
Sponsored