Sponsored

Is it possible to get my Bronco by the end of the year?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Actually, when things settle in with no MIC problems or chip shortages, Ford will be able to churn out several hundred thousand Broncos per year if the demand is there. Case in point, they make 800,000 - 900,000 F-150's every year. I don't think Bronco will have that kind of demand, but maybe 300,000 per year as the brand gets going again??
Ford has stated numbers at maximum production at MAP of about 120k Broncos a year.. Maybe slightly more if they cut back on Ranger production. The F150 plant is way different the the Ranger/Bronco plant
Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Settling for a soft top is way better than settling for a Jeep IMO. You’ve waited this long, I’d make sure you get exactly what you want

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all, I reserved my 4dr 2.7 Black Diamond, w/ tow package and MIC Hard Top on day 1. I still don't have any news, as I sit in my bronco hammock looking at my concept poster. My wife is getting really upset with me hanging on to my 2007 Explorer Sport Trac like I'll get the bronco whenever it magically shows up. (I know she's really excited about it too) She's asked me to look for a different vehicle several times, and I think she's starting to lose faith in Ford and develop a dislike for the bronco too. (I know a lot of people are going through the same thing) She's willing to wait until the end of the year, and I will admit I was willing to wait longer, but we are getting to the end of the Sport Trac's life, and I don't want to settle for just any vehicle. (We actually have a plan where we buy a new vehicle every 10 years, but alternate between the two of us each 5 years. 2020 was my year to buy a new vehicle, and I picked the Bronco.

But I thought I would ask your advice....

I want to try to get the Bronco by Dec 31 2021.
1) Do I stay with the MIC Hard Top and Pray Ford can get mine out before the end of 2021?
2) Do I switch to the soft top to rush the possible delivery?
3) Is there something else I can do?
or 4) Do a just get a Jeep?

Thanks for any thoughts.
-Jared Ford
You are in a similar position that I am in. I have an 08 Escape on its last leg. Bronco will be a nice upgrade. If you go to a soft top, you will likely be 21MY depending on your dealer allocation. I reserved August 7, 2020 and switched to a soft top and I am scheduled. You are day 1. Check out a soft top at a dealer near you and see if you can live with it for a year or two. Who knows, maybe you will like it better. Maybe there will be an aftermarket hard top that you like better. Or more importantly, maybe your wife will like the soft top. Good luck! You’re in better shape than I was in with your early reservation.

OP
OP
JRod Ford

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just wanted to say my wife and I do the same thing with the 10 year cars /new cars every five years. We blew right by that though with the bronco not being on time.
It's really cool to know other people do it too. I used to only buy used vehicles for the value, but the 10 year plan makes the value for a new vehicle worth it.
When you say you blew by it, does that mean you are waiting on the Bronco or your got something else?

OP
OP
JRod Ford

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are in a similar position that I am in. I have an 08 Escape on its last leg. Bronco will be a nice upgrade. If you go to a soft top, you will likely be 21MY depending on your dealer allocation. I reserved August 7, 2020 and switched to a soft top and I am scheduled. You are day 1. Check out a soft top at a dealer near you and see if you can live with it for a year or two. Who knows, maybe you will like it better. Maybe there will be an aftermarket hard top that you like better. Or more importantly, maybe your wife will like the soft top. Good luck! You’re in better shape than I was in with your early reservation.
Thank you! She actually saw a soft top at a dealership and said she would be ok with it. I know I'll be happier with a hard top, but I think I will use some of that incentive cash Ford was talking about giving to the dealers to keep us hooked, if I can. I thought Ford was putting credit into our Ford Pass accounts at some point too.

Sponsored

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you! She actually saw a soft top at a dealership and said she would be ok with it. I know I'll be happier with a hard top, but I think I will use some of that incentive cash Ford was talking about giving to the dealers to keep us hooked, if I can. I thought Ford was putting credit into our Ford Pass accounts at some point too.
You will get the Ford Pass points about two weeks after taking possession of your Bronco. I’m a hard top guy too, but I really like the ease of the soft top. Looking forward to it now.

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in this same boat - actually even sold my old beater anticipating the new Bronco. Switched to the soft top - the next week I got the email with a VIN and showing build date week of Oct 4. Was able to drive the dealers soft top and even here in Seattle - I am just fine with it - I can garage it - and in 2-3 years there will be some very cool after market hard tops for us - keep the faith - but for sure - switch to soft top if you are hoping for 2021.

OP
OP
JRod Ford

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am in this same boat - actually even sold my old beater anticipating the new Bronco. Switched to the soft top - the next week I got the email with a VIN and showing build date week of Oct 4. Was able to drive the dealers soft top and even here in Seattle - I am just fine with it - I can garage it - and in 2-3 years there will be some very cool after market hard tops for us - keep the faith - but for sure - switch to soft top if you are hoping for 2021.
Thank you!!

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey all, I reserved my 4dr 2.7 Black Diamond, w/ tow package and MIC Hard Top on day 1. I still don't have any news, as I sit in my bronco hammock looking at my concept poster. My wife is getting really upset with me hanging on to my 2007 Explorer Sport Trac like I'll get the bronco whenever it magically shows up. (I know she's really excited about it too) She's asked me to look for a different vehicle several times, and I think she's starting to lose faith in Ford and develop a dislike for the bronco too. (I know a lot of people are going through the same thing) She's willing to wait until the end of the year, and I will admit I was willing to wait longer, but we are getting to the end of the Sport Trac's life, and I don't want to settle for just any vehicle. (We actually have a plan where we buy a new vehicle every 10 years, but alternate between the two of us each 5 years. 2020 was my year to buy a new vehicle, and I picked the Bronco.

But I thought I would ask your advice....

I want to try to get the Bronco by Dec 31 2021.
1) Do I stay with the MIC Hard Top and Pray Ford can get mine out before the end of 2021?
2) Do I switch to the soft top to rush the possible delivery?
3) Is there something else I can do?
or 4) Do a just get a Jeep?

Thanks for any thoughts.
-Jared Ford
If your last name is ford and you buy a jeep. I mean cmon man.
do the offroadeo anywhere and that will answer your question.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And here's the August Release showing 21,623 Bronco production YTD (end of August) -

2021-August-Production-Release.jpg

You'll see them posted early every month - the August Release was posted 9/2 -

So 96,000+ MY21 by Dec prob looks unlikely, but 60,000 might be possible - maybe more -
The Sept numbers will be interesting - w all the shutdowns & re-work problems - Sept production might be less than August ?? - who knows -
. . .
Oh nice. Thanks I didn’t see that one posted. You think they will be able to reach 60k? That would mean if they built 9k this month they’d be at 30k and we both think they dropped production from August’s numbers so maybe 5-6k in SEP. that puts them at 26-27k produced. Meaning in October November and one week in December (maybe) they’d have to produce 33-34k and the haven’t even topped 10k in a month. I think that the numbers are going to be in the 40k range for final MY21 built. Just my thoughts. Thanks again for the info.

Sponsored

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good Point!
I really can't imagine getting anything else than the Bronco.
Getting a Bronco will be worth it. It's a nice ride, though you might be able to benefit from getting the 2022 model that way us that have one can report all the gremlins so the 22 won't have them. The rides smooth, the 2.7 has plenty of power (unless you own a g-wagon) enough room for two adults and some kids. Once the aftermarket start putting out products it will give you the ability to customize the heck out of it

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Um, so what is the difference if instead of Dec 31, you get the Bronco on Jan 2?

OP
OP
JRod Ford

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If your last name is ford and you buy a jeep. I mean cmon man.
do the offroadeo anywhere and that will answer your question.
So true. It's been something I have to deal with all the time. I'm just glad Ford makes good products. My Grandpa drove Chevys. But he also lived alone in the woods.

OP
OP
JRod Ford

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Um, so what is the difference if instead of Dec 31, you get the Bronco on Jan 2?
As long as I get a build date this year, I think I can make it work. It's the not knowing thing...

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You’re also incorrect. You are looking at fleet VIN builds. This is what you need to look at. It isn’t in build number sequence. It is just a unique number given to each build. Ford hasn’t even Built 20,000 Broncos to date and they wont build 96,000 this year. If you think that you are delusional.
70A91CFD-633A-4223-BF4C-C3023110C13D.jpeg
Actually, they have built over 20,000 but probably less than 30-35k. I don't expect production to exceed 45k this year, but it will be +/- 5,000 units from that number is my guess.
Sponsored

Last edited: