Sponsored

Is it possible to keep your order coded 99 if dealer won't agree to MSRP?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So with all the dumb dealer drama regarding poking buyers eyes and adding ADM Surprises last minute, I was wondering, if you request your pricing in writing to confirm MSRP and they refuse or delay, can you request they code 99 it until further notice?
I'd hate to get all my options for MY22 order adjustment and end up getting into a slippery slope of deceptive dealer dealings. Just thinking ahead and considering what if they refuse to put anything in writing or try and stall to sneak ADM in
EDIT
EDITED TITLE AND ADDED MORE INFO:
day 1 reservation, late june order submitted. Dealer provided a dora and I confirmed my options. Order is code 99 at the moment and obviously will need to be changed due to AMB being selected initially.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know Ford can't step in on the franchise agreement pricing, but they sure could help the consumer by not taking every negotiation option and control away from us the consumer. We should be able to take our unbuilt MY21 reservation time stamp and move it to the dealer of our choice for our MY22 order. Dealers have done unscrupulous things with customer reservations. We should be able to take that little slip on the road with no VIN for an MY21 build. How many dealers do you think would immediately do what Leonardtown, Stephens, etc did in the very beginning.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They need to get their regional rep involved to transfer it to 99. Don't tell them why you are doing it...then hopefully by 2023 the hysteria goes away and it won't even be considered to charge over because they have 10 on the lot.

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They need to get their regional rep involved to transfer it to 99. Don't tell them why you are doing it...then hopefully by 2023 the hysteria goes away and it won't even be considered to charge over because they have 10 on the lot.
What if my current order is 99'd? I reserved day 1 but converted late in June. Received a dora sheet and its coded 99. this was just before the whole MIC fiasco, dirt mountain, etc.
I just want to have a plan for when I communicate my updates (originally submitted for AMB 2 door), so I'll be switching to eruption green and probably removing floor liners, and possibly adding the side steps ala cart. I don't want them to stall on the agreed price, submit my order changes only to punch me in the face with 5-10k mark up once it ships.

Sponsored

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Switch to MOD top. That will push it to ‘23 and you can switch back to MIC when things settle down.

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If a dealer will not give your a confirmed price, find one that will. If they are dancing around it now you can bank on having ADM at delivery.
thats what i'm hoping will go smoothly when I submit my changes. If they start stalling, do you think an email formally saying I'd like to keep it code 99 will be enough to keep them from submitting the changes since its technically in writing?

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Switch to MOD top. That will push it to ‘23 and you can switch back to MIC when things settle down.
This may end up my plan b if they start stalling or being shady.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So with all the dumb dealer drama regarding poking buyers eyes and adding ADM Surprises last minute, I was wondering, if you request your pricing in writing to confirm MSRP and they refuse or delay, can you request they code 99 it until further notice?
I'd hate to get all my options for MY22 order adjustment and end up getting into a slippery slope of deceptive dealer dealings. Just thinking ahead and considering what if they refuse to put anything in writing or try and stall to sneak ADM in
You can't force the dealer to code 99 it, because the dealer has the power to not change it and you have no way of really compelling them to change it, other than perhaps contacting the zone rep and complaining; however, if the zone rep doesn't do anything about it - well, you are stuck. The most you could expect from the dealer is a refund of your deposit.

Another alternative, is to change it to a build that they would absolutely hate getting stuck with. Like a 2.3 liter 2 door manual transmission std package BB with leather seats and no other options in Cactus Grey or Rapid Red. Good luck selling it! Sure it would eventually sell, but it's not a highly desirable build.

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thats what i'm hoping will go smoothly when I submit my changes. If they start stalling, do you think an email formally saying I'd like to keep it code 99 will be enough to keep them from submitting the changes since its technically in writing?
Nope. Your order will become dealer stock.

Sponsored
OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope. Your order will become dealer stock.
How? If it hasn't changed from code 99, and I have to submit changes anyways and agree on my order, if they don't also agree to pricing, and I don't give approval of my edited order, I'm not giving them permission to convert it from 99.

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can't force the dealer to code 99 it, because the dealer has the power to not change it and you have no way of really compelling them to change it, other than perhaps contacting the zone rep and complaining; however, if the zone rep doesn't do anything about it - well, you are stuck. The most you could expect from the dealer is a refund of your deposit.

Another alternative, is to change it to a build that they would absolutely hate getting stuck with. Like a 2.3 liter 2 door manual transmission std package BB with leather seats and no other options in Cactus Grey or Rapid Red. Good luck selling it! Sure it would eventually sell, but it's not a highly desirable build.
Even if its already coded 99 and has AMB as the paint which won't exist for MY22?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you dealer tries some shady shit, I'd seriously consider canceling and ordering two Broncos from a reputable dealer.
One basic build now, that will get built next week .... and later, 1 or 2 years, order one that you really want that won't get built for awhile.
Drive a plain Janer for a year or two .... by then, these will be in full mass production. Much better deals will be had EVERYWHERE.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whoa !!

How did Cactus Grey & Rapid Red get thrown under the bus in this side-swipe ?? . . . lolol
Because attractive colors with an otherwise shady setup... would make it stupid. Actually, I would probably make it an OBX with Rapid Red and a Roast Leather Interior... It would just look soooo horrible! FWIW, I like Rapid Red (but not Cactus Grey), but not with a Roast Leather Interior.

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you call Ford to change dealers to one closer to you. Or plan a trip to Utah or Colorado pick up the bronco go off roading then drive home?
Sponsored