Sponsored

Is it possible to swap raptor and signature taillights?

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't stand the raptor's god awful taillights. I understand the DOT requirement situation, but they look like something out of the chinese dot matrix catalog from 2005 for honda civics. I'm sure there are people that would love raptor taillights and willing to do a swap for the regular signature taillights. Anyone know if they are plug and play?
Sponsored

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I can't stand the raptor's god awful taillights. I understand the DOT requirement situation, but they look like something out of the chinese dot matrix catalog from 2005 for honda civics. I'm sure there are people that would love raptor taillights and willing to do a swap for the regular signature taillights. Anyone know if they are plug and play?
I’m thinking probably not plug and play. Rear quarters are different, blind spot sensor would be lost and differences in light shapes may be an issue. Like most things trying to swap something from a Braptor to Bronco or vice versa isn’t going to be easy

Check out this thread….

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/braptor-tail-lights-swap-install.42425/

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking probably not plug and play. Rear quarters are different, blind spot sensor would be lost and differences in light shapes may be an issue. Like most things trying to swap something from a Braptor to Bronco or vice versa isn’t going to be easy

Check out this thread….

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/braptor-tail-lights-swap-install.42425/
the BLISS is in the same spot. I was under the assumption the physical lights had to stick out further to see from certain angles but figured that wouldn’t impact the BLISS

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

the BLISS is in the same spot. I was under the assumption the physical lights had to stick out further to see from certain angles but figured that wouldn’t impact the BLISS
We’ll that’s one problem solved unless the position of the BLISS doesn’t work perfectly with the different shape of the Fender.

Looking more closely at the differences it looks like the Bronco lights won’t fill out the lower outside recessed area in the Raptor fender. Also appears there is a “cutout” in the Raptor for the BLIS bulge (I have to admit I don’t love that bulge). It looks like the bronco light may mount, but depending on what’s under the newly exposed areas it may not look clean. I’ll pop mine off once it gets delivered and take a look under there, but i don’t get built for two more weeks.

I’m still trying to figure out if there’s space to mount air compressor under the hood and a winch solution, too much guessing without seeing the vehicle in person.

I wish you luck, I hope it works and looks as good as you want.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Base Bronco >> BLISS is under the body work
Warthog >> Bliss is built into the light itself