First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus LX600 F Sport, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer said my 1/17 build, stranded on ice mountain, will be delivered August 4th. is it possible that all the builds on ice mountain are being replaced because of serious defects? Does anyone out there have a Bronco that has escaped ice mountain? If so, was the quality good?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tonyxlee

Tonyxlee

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been visiting my dealer regularly lately for some warranty work on my wife’s Ford Escape, and they are getting Broncos that have escaped Ice Mountain on a weekly basis, plus plenty more are still there waiting. So I’ve been checking them out and talking to a few of the sales folks about their opinions/experiences.

The vast majority of the Broncos that were on ice mountain were waiting for computer modules to be installed—they just didn’t have the modules available when they initially rolled down the assembly line due to a supplier that didn’t deliver as promised. The Broncos themselves look fine—other than having a layer of pollen all over them, they look perfect and clean up just fine. Asked the dealer, and other than a interior trim fitment issue on a single Bronco, they haven’t gotten any complaints from customers.

If you think about it… before this current supply chain nonsense it wasn’t uncommon for vehicles to sit on a dealer lot for months at a time before it was sold. So this is really no different than that. Sucks for sure, but not a deal breaker, especially for an off-road vehicle. (If this happened to a bunch of Ford GTs, then yeah, I’d be upset.)

OP
OP
Tonyxlee

Tonyxlee

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks. That’s good to hear. My dealer doesn’t have a clue.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was a 1/10 week that was bumped to 1/17. I was on Ice Mountain for about a month and was lucky to be an early escapee. I picked up my Bronco (2 door Basequatch) on 3/10 and haven't noticed any issues related to sitting, but I wasn't there very long.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. That’s good to hear. My dealer doesn’t have a clue.
That's because Ford refuses to tell them anything. Not the dealer's fault. My dealer says they've never been shut out of information like this.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They’re cracking down on dealers because dealers have been giving incorrect or incomplete information to customers, and it is causing a customer support nightmare for Ford. A lot of dealers have also been leaking internal Ford information which can cause all kinds of problems with the SEC. It’s one of those “the few ruin it for the many” situations.

Ford employees have been told to stay quiet too. I’m from a Ford family (multiple Ford employees in my family), and there has been a notable drop in information in the past 5-7 months. When I am told stuff I’m told specifically to stay quiet and not post it on forums.

But honestly I haven’t been told anything worthwhile lately, it’s just a continuation of the same problems that have existed since the beginning. They can’t produce enough hard tops and they can’t get enough microprocessors to go into their modules. They get told to expect a batch of modules in <Insert Month Here>, so they schedule a bunch of vehicles builds around those estimates, and then the estimates change and vehicles sit on holding lots.
That's no excuse for the failure to communicate things that they know AND can tell us. They know our VIN's, they have our emails, the dealers are their customers!.....and yet they refuse to say anything at all about anything. No excuse for that. We all understand their are challenges and limitations....but failure to communicate is another thing entirely.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's no excuse for the failure to communicate things that they know AND can tell us. They know our VIN's, they have our emails, the dealers are their customers!.....and yet they refuse to say anything at all about anything. No excuse for that. We all understand their are challenges and limitations....but failure to communicate is another thing entirely.
Incorrect. People are never happy with any information given to them, and heaven forbid if a person is told something and then a date slips...then the bitching really starts.

Look at the can of worms that has been opened by just trying to provide basic info of Ordered/Schedule/Built/Shipped. Nobody is ever content...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Incorrect. People are never happy with any information given to them, and heaven forbid if a person is told something and then a date slips...then the bitching really starts.

Look at the can of worms that has been opened by just trying to provide basic info of Ordered/Schedule/Built/Shipped. Nobody is ever content...
I'll grant you that....no one is happy with so many moving targets.

But when your rig got produced 7/23 LAST SUMMER and mysteriously vanished only to get build notification 12/26!!!! (no, it was not a hardtop)....and then weekly delayed shipping notices which continue to THIS DAY! for a rig that the dealer finally learned doesn't even exist...and no one knows why. Sold at auction? Damaged? Aliens? AND that FORD refuses to say anything other than, oh, it's still coming....nearly shut me out of re-ordering for a 22.

Sorry, INEXCUSABLE.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
LOL! no one cares about communication. You just want your damn bronco.

BTW ... just because Ford did not directly communicate with you means nothing as several media outlets have reported a chip shortage.

and if you are still angry at Ford for not communicating with you then why give your money to them?

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll grant you that....no one is happy with so many moving targets.

But when your rig got produced 7/23 LAST SUMMER and mysteriously vanished only to get build notification 12/26!!!! (no, it was not a hardtop)....and then weekly delayed shipping notices which continue to THIS DAY! for a rig that the dealer finally learned doesn't even exist...and no one knows why. Sold at auction? Damaged? Aliens? AND that FORD refuses to say anything other than, oh, it's still coming....nearly shut me out of re-ordering for a 22.

Sorry, INEXCUSABLE.
Sounds like it would have been much better to get no 'status' updates at all and just had your dealer call you when it was ready to be picked up.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you think about it… before this current supply chain nonsense it wasn’t uncommon for vehicles to sit on a dealer lot for months at a time before it was sold.
My wife's F-150 sat on the dealer lot for 9 months in the Arizona sun before we bought it. Dealer had to jump start it. Actually had to jump start three different F-150s while we were there.

I used that fact to negotiate them throwing in a brand new battery. (you get three years out of a battery in Phoenix and it's like winning the Lotto)

Zennes

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer said my 1/17 build, stranded on ice mountain, will be delivered August 4th. is it possible that all the builds on ice mountain are being replaced because of serious defects? Does anyone out there have a Bronco that has escaped ice mountain? If so, was the quality good?
I have one that was on Ice Mountain for 3-4 months. only thing so far is the key pad code didn't work. The wrong card (the card has the code on it) was in it.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like it would have been much better to get no 'status' updates at all and just had your dealer call you when it was ready to be picked up.
Guess you don't read well for a doc. If that were the case, I'd be maybe ordering a 23 when orders reopen, assuming Ford told the truth by then.

OP
OP
Tonyxlee

Tonyxlee

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model