Sponsored

Is it 'safe' to forscan sport mode on the first edition?

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know with the lift and larger tires it won't be a racecar, but I was curious, since I'm in forscan, how hard will this beat the crap out of the first edition with the added weight, bigger and rougher tires etc.
Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can do the same thing by putting it in Baja then 2H. I played with it on my badlands and decided it wasn’t worth looking into. Maybe if you don’t have the manual transmission it would do more.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can do the same thing by putting it in Baja then 2H. I played with it on my badlands and decided it wasn’t worth looking into. Maybe if you don’t have the manual transmission it would do more.
@Arealhuman

Don't do this.

I have both modes and they are not the same. You will not be happy with the crazy RPMs in baja mode on pavement.

I added sport mode with my badlands. It's real fun. It will not be safe on your fuel budget

OP
OP

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh yeah, thanks i hadn't even compared the settings with baja vs sport. I'll try doing that. Thanks. I do have an automatic.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added Sport to my Sasquatch, loaded badlands, 2.7 liter. It is awesome but will impact gas mileage. Other than that I haven’t seen a negative impact

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Arealhuman

Don't do this.

I have both modes and they are not the same. You will not be happy with the crazy RPMs in baja mode on pavement.

I added sport mode with my badlands. It's real fun. It will not be safe on your fuel budget
I used Baja and Sport mode on a WildTrak when i went to my Offroadeo, you are correct. I found them vastly different.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Baja is NOT the same. Baja holds the gears forever. Unless you want to drive around at no less than 3100 rpm, you need sport mode. It's not usable in most conditions.

Sport mode is perfectly safe. These drive modes don't add any more power. They just fiddle with shift points and change the curve of the electronic pedal.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a stick so I don’t see it doing anything like holding gears. If you really want to have fun I’d suggest a pedal commander. You can change the throttle response which these modes do.

Deleted member 32220

I know with the lift and larger tires it won't be a racecar, but I was curious, since I'm in forscan, how hard will this beat the crap out of the first edition with the added weight, bigger and rougher tires etc.
Wildtrak comes with sport mode and the same power train/ driveline config. as yours minus the sway bar disconnect. It is purely a marketing decision on fords part. No more, No less

Sponsored

Deleted member 32220

I have a stick so I don’t see it doing anything like holding gears. If you really want to have fun I’d suggest a pedal commander. You can change the throttle response which these modes do.
It closes the wastegate much faster, and brings the “boost”=“power” on much quicker. Pedal commander is a waste of money, add sport mode.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will be fine. Sport mode can already be found on the WT and other Squatched Broncos. As others have pointed out, Sport mode is not an engine tune but rather it changes shift points, pedal feel, steering feel, etc.

I added Sport mode to my BL 2.3 manual with 37's and while it does change the driving experience, it is not needed. However, I also added Sport mode to my wifes BL 2.7 auto with 33's and find it is a much better driving experience with it. Without it the pedal feels unresponsive and the motor doesn't react quick enough without Sport mode keeping it in higher revs/boost

I have a stick so I don’t see it doing anything like holding gears.
Actually, that's a lot of what Sport mode does for the auto, it changes the shift points and holds the gears so the motor is in higher revs and able to bring on the boost sooner.
Sponsored