Sponsored

Is it safe to say the Bronco will be better than the Wrangler ON the road?

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was debating getting a Wrangler for a while then they announce the Bronco and then that changed everything for a couple reasons:

1) I trust Ford more than FCA (my first car was an Expedition) Lasted for 250k miles

2) Engine/MPG. If I’m not mistaken, the EcoBoost (both of them) will get way better MPG than the Wrangler and is more reliable

3) Better technology and packages that are standard

*Bonus, the doors and roof are apparently easier to take off

Basically, I want a damn fun vehicle where I can drive around with no roof and doors as much as I can and just have a blast with me, my wife, and my soon to be children.

Are the reasons above safe to assume the Bronco will be better than the Wrangler in the road?
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes because of the IFS.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s only safe to say the Bronco “could” be better on the road. Because there isn’t a single privately owned BG6 on the road. Nobody out there that can tell us what it’s like, the good and the bad.

Your point #2.. way better mpg? If way better to you is 2 mpg then yes. But no way these vehicles that have The aerodynamics of a brick rolling down the road get way too mpg. So I doubt the Bronco will get way better mpg.

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The IFS in the Bronco will be far superior on the road than the SFA in the Wrangler for a small disadvantage off-road. If you're not a rock crawler, it won't matter to you that there is not a SFA in the Bronco and you'll love the ride quality of the Bronco over the Wrangler.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was debating getting a Wrangler for a while then they announce the Bronco and then that changed everything for a couple reasons:

1) I trust Ford more than FCA (my first car was an Expedition) Lasted for 250k miles

2) Engine/MPG. If I’m not mistaken, the EcoBoost (both of them) will get way better MPG than the Wrangler and is more reliable

Basically, I want a damn fun vehicle where I can drive around with no roof and doors as much as I can and just have a blast with me, my wife, and my soon to be children.

Are the reasons above safe to assume the Bronco will be better than the Wrangler in the road?
Yes. Not a direct comparison but I drive F150s for work (multiple years) and they drive way better than a Jeep. I assume Bronco will drive better than an F150.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Bronco will have better road manners because Bronco uses an IFS and jeep uses a solid front axle.

Sponsored

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Depends where you are.
If you’re at a Jeep rally with a bunch of drunk Jeep owners it might not be safe to say that, someone there might take them as fightin’ words. ;)

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
IFS vs SFA is well known to be better on road.

But for #2, depending on JL equipment choice we are talking a comparison between Ecoboost + Ford 10 speed vs. Pentastar V6 +ZF 8 speed... don't think that is an obvious answer for reliability winner there.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most likely yes. Based on IFS vs a solid front axle the Bronco should ride better on the street. We won't know 100% for certain until they hit the roads but it's a pretty safe bet.

With that said, I've never personally found the Jeep ride to be as bad as you read on the net. I've driven cross country several times in it and done just fine. I do fully expect my Bronco to be a more comfortable and less tiring long distance driver. With the Jeep you need to manage the steering much more closely on the highway. It becomes second nature, but can still be more tiring than other vehicles.
Sponsored