Sponsored

Is it wise as a newcomer to off roading to go to the Off-Rodeo alone?

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am on vacation this week and will be driving from VT to MA via NH. Thought maybe take an extra day for the Off-Rodeo as it seems I can still sign up (maybe?) It would be just me and I have no real idea of how to off road but really trying to learn. Would this be a terrible idea and/or inconsiderate to other attendees?
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am on vacation this week and will be driving from VT to MA via NH. Thought maybe take an extra day for the Off-Rodeo as it seems I can still sign up (maybe?) It would be just me and I have no real idea of how to off road but really trying to learn. Would this be a terrible idea and/or inconsiderate to other attendees?
You are probably the ideal attendee, since the entire purpose of the event is to familiarize you with the features of the Bronco and get you comfortable with using it in off-road situations.

Go for it! šŸ‘

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Itā€™s the best time to do it alone. They provide spotters and show you to operate all the features, donā€™t really have to worry about being stranded. And it makes it easier for the staff with one less guest to worry about.

FreshKsig

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Bronco, 22 BB Bronco, 21 Mustang Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I did it in Vegas by myself. I have been off reading a little bit in my past but have never put my rigs through their full potential. That is what I loved most about the off rodeo is they show you what the bronco can do. Not saying Iā€™m going to do stuff that gnarly with my own but now I have the confidence to at least get me out of sticky situations if need be. Definitely do it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kimberley

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks! I really do not want to miss the chance to do this and learn more. My other half who is the spotter/copilot when i am 4-wheeling and now learning to drive a side by side as well, is not as enthused about a 10 hour day learning about Broncos like myself.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely. When I went in Vegas there were plenty of people flying solo.

You are going to love it!

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went alone because my wife has no desire to go off-roading with me, and we didnā€™t have to board 3 dogs and pay for a 2nd attendee. So yeah, no problem going alone. In my case everyone else that day brought someone, so I rode with the trail guide and we BSā€™d and talked about the Bronco etc. i enjoyed myself even being ā€œaloneā€.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also did Vegas solo . . . not only was it a total blast, but being alone I think is better anyway, without the distraction of a passenger. You can focus on what the guides tell you, and try all the various Bronco capabilities. Besides, everyone is given a radio (walkie-talkie) that is channeled with everyone else in the group . . . so you get to hear questions/comments and even chime in yourself. I would not have wanted a passenger with me. My two cents . . .

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too was new and by myself. No problems at all and I ended up with one of the guides riding with me most of the time. On board guidance for best lines with someone that knows the course extremely well.
And we may have messed with the other guide over the radio by asking some questions like what button airs down the tires and suchā€¦ It was a blast.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife keeps mentioning to get registeredšŸ¤¦ I want to go but have no clue where this code in email is as I bought a mannequin. Hopefully they still give me the credit if not oh well it will be great for both of us. I think we have settled on the New Hampshire one as I think that is the closest to the terrain here in Michigan. Iā€™d love to do the Moab or Nevada but I think doing something that I can get pointers in the same mind if environments will be helpful.

OP
OP
Kimberley

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I too was new and by myself. No problems at all and I ended up with one of the guides riding with me most of the time. On board guidance for best lines with someone that knows the course extremely well.
And we may have messed with the other guide over the radio but asking some questions like what button airs down the tires and suchā€¦ It was a blast.
I originally hoped everyone got a guide, I would have gone a year ago if that was the case. I just signed up since if I have to cancel, no biggie since I most likely won't have another chance for the "free" slot. Also booked the hotel nearby, so now I guess I have to do it

OP
OP
Kimberley

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife keeps mentioning to get registeredšŸ¤¦ I want to go but have no clue where this code in email is as I bought a mannequin. Hopefully they still give me the credit if not oh well it will be great for both of us. I think we have settled on the New Hampshire one as I think that is the closest to the terrain here in Michigan. Iā€™d love to do the Moab or Nevada but I think doing something that I can get pointers in the same mind if environments will be helpful.
Just go online and I think put in your VIN. They just need to verify you purchased one. My reservation was never connected to my 2022 order and I had no issues verifying my purchase.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's probably easier to do it alone, as you won't have a partner distracting you at moments you prefer to concentrate.

JBrew

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3, 2021 Area 51 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go. As a newbie, you will get so much out of it.
Sponsored