Sponsored

Is it wise as a newcomer to off roading to go to the Off-Rodeo alone?

mjrcu

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I originally hoped everyone got a guide, I would have gone a year ago if that was the case. I just signed up since if I have to cancel, no biggie since I most likely won't have another chance for the "free" slot. Also booked the hotel nearby, so now I guess I have to do it
echo that. I went alone in Vegas and last minute decided to not bring along a buddy. So glad I did - got to drive the whole time and was the lead car with the guide riding shotgun. Was invaluable and made the experience so much more fun.
Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife keeps mentioning to get registeredšŸ¤¦ I want to go but have no clue where this code in email is as I bought a mannequin. Hopefully they still give me the credit if not oh well it will be great for both of us. I think we have settled on the New Hampshire one as I think that is the closest to the terrain here in Michigan. Iā€™d love to do the Moab or Nevada but I think doing something that I can get pointers in the same mind if environments will be helpful.
I bought a mannequin too. There is no code. You register on the website, and they'll probably email you to confirm ownership. Since I signed up so quick after buying the vehicle it still showed registered to the dealer. I had to give them a copy of my purchase order and then they confirmed it. Only took a day or so.
Because I bought the mannequin and my dealer is stingy, I didn't get anything else, like voucher for a guest or anything.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought a mannequin too. There is no code. You register on the website, and they'll probably email you to confirm ownership. Since I signed up so quick after buying the vehicle it still showed registered to the dealer. I had to give them a copy of my purchase order and then they confirmed it. Only took a day or so.
Because I bought the mannequin and my dealer is stingy, I didn't get anything else, like voucher for a guest or anything.
Thanks for the input. I wouldnā€™t need a voucher as both my wife and I bought Broncos. I would like the credit towards going but just the experience would be nice. Heck if possible Iā€™d go to all of them but I donā€™t have that much vacation time let alone if they would let you.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the input. I wouldnā€™t need a voucher as both my wife and I bought Broncos. I would like the credit towards going but just the experience would be nice. Heck if possible Iā€™d go to all of them but I donā€™t have that much vacation time let alone if they would let you.
It's still 'free' to everyone that bought one new. No voucher needed.
I put free in quotes, because there are still some fees:
$150 deposit that you get back after the event (took a couple weeks for me) (For people that have ordered but not received their Bronco yet, it's a $200 deposit)
$35 registration fee, non refundable
$75 optional non-refundable damage waiver that will restrict your liability to $3,500 if you damage their vehicle. Though most of the smaller things like dings and scratches on rock rails they didn't even care about at the Texas one when I went to.

Dick Fear

Base
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
NH Off-Rodeo is great. It is best to bring your spotter, especially if you have no off-road experience so that your spotter also gets hands-on experience guiding you through challenging obstacles. Think of it like a pro golfer and caddy partnership. You discuss the best line to take before attempting the obstacle. The driver gets in the cab to drive but can't see the ground. The spotter guides your direction and speed as you traverse but if things go hairwire, stop reconvene and try another line or strategy.

Sponsored

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just attended in Nevada alone and had a great time. Attendance was low that day so I got tons of personal training time and got to experience all the trails they had to offer. Our instructor was fantastic and I really enjoyed the whole experience. I'm an off-road newb, so for me it was good training and a confidence booster. We were also taken on a hotlap by the instructor on the "fun haver" track and that blew my mind. I felt like I was in the Baja 1000. Only minor disappointment was I wasn't given a 2 door which is what I ordered. Highly recommend newbies like myself attend.

38a19808-1f8e-43e6-8a72-f3aa59faf2fb.jpg

082c3f67-1885-4c5d-b3bc-48065ae9c0d2.jpg

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just came back from Off-Roadeo NH. you're the ideal candidate for this type of event.
as others have mentioned, the guides usually ride with the singles and provide a bit more in-vehicle guidance. you'll also probably get to tackle the various obstacles first since the guide is riding with you.

BoltUp

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just signed up today to go to the one in Texas on July 22'nd. I will be flying solo

OP
OP
Kimberley

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just signed up today to go to the one in Texas on July 22'nd. I will be flying solo
Nervous and excited to do this. 38 hours and counting.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go alone, you will meet many like minded people, you will have a heck of a good time, really learn the capabilities of your Bronco, and maybe, just maybe, you will have the guide ride with you for the day...

Sponsored

HUbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50Year
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did Moab solo at the end of February. Most brought someone, but I was able to be the lead Bronco and have the guide in my vehicle, so I learned a ton.

HUbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50Year
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also I got a ton of Merch, because they give you a voucher for merchandise instead of having a second person along.

OP
OP
Kimberley

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also I got a ton of Merch, because they give you a voucher for merchandise instead of having a second person along.
ooohhhh..... I like free Bronco stuff. Hope they are still doing that.

Just realized the day I am going is exactly 6 months from my delivery. Thinking this was meant to be.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am on vacation this week and will be driving from VT to MA via NH. Thought maybe take an extra day for the Off-Rodeo as it seems I can still sign up (maybe?) It would be just me and I have no real idea of how to off road but really trying to learn. Would this be a terrible idea and/or inconsiderate to other attendees?
I would HIGHLY recommend it. "Thumbs Up"

Regan

Wildtrak
First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murano and 08 chev Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Go for it! you will love it and have the time of your life they are great instructors and you will be very comfortable throughout the whole process. you'll come back excited for your Bronco
Sponsored