Sponsored

Is it wise as a newcomer to off roading to go to the Off-Rodeo alone?

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'd probably have to do it alone. I doubt my wife will want to go. Does anyone know how much the hotels are at the locations? im curious how much its all going to cost
Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also I got a ton of Merch, because they give you a voucher for merchandise instead of having a second person along.
I think that's more the dealer? I didn't get one, and my dealer didn't even know what off roadeo was... course this is the same dealer that has never known anything about any car I've bought from him, so....

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Going alone is the best. You don’t have to share your bronco with anyone else.

HUbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50Year
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think that's more the dealer? I didn't get one, and my dealer didn't even know what off roadeo was... course this is the same dealer that has never known anything about any car I've bought from him, so....
I didn’t involve my dealer. They were booking Vegas and I wanted to go to Moab so I signed up directly through Ford. Cost me like $35 plus I paid for insurance and I got $250 in free merch. It was a fun trip. Highly recommend Moab and Jason as the excursion leader.

OP
OP
Kimberley

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i'd probably have to do it alone. I doubt my wife will want to go. Does anyone know how much the hotels are at the locations? im curious how much its all going to cost
There are a ton of places within maybe a 1/2 hour radius to choose from so I think you can pick you price if you are booking out. I am limited since it was a last minute during 4th of July Week.

Sponsored

BeachBronco21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As people have said, doing it alone is pretty great. I'm a beginner and did NH solo and got to be the lead car. Got the guide in my car for a lot of it for extra tips and got to try every obstacle first. Because I was the lead car, I couldn't watch how others got through stuff first and I just had to go for it. I feel this really helped me build my skillset and confidence. Sometimes the guide would be helping others and send me ahead to a certain landmark. I was on my own as to how to get through some of the smaller things. I left feeling like I learned a lot.

You should go!

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The resort the texas location works with can be pricey, but there are 'regular' hotels in the nearby town, Marble Falls that are much
I didn’t involve my dealer. They were booking Vegas and I wanted to go to Moab so I signed up directly through Ford. Cost me like $35 plus I paid for insurance and I got $250 in free merch. It was a fun trip. Highly recommend Moab and Jason as the excursion leader.
well I got bamboozeld out of merch then. I only got a yeti water bottle. I paid for the overpriced bronco pins and a coffee cup outright.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went solo last month at NH and it was awesome. There was an older couple from NJ that was new to off roading and they peaced out after lunch. They did almost flip their bronco tho so that may have been a little too much to deal with.

I booked it 4 months in advance though. Good luck registering and getting a spot. Don't forget to use your $250 voucher in the gift shop.

HUbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50Year
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The resort the texas location works with can be pricey, but there are 'regular' hotels in the nearby town, Marble Falls that are much

well I got bamboozeld out of merch then. I only got a yeti water bottle. I paid for the overpriced bronco pins and a coffee cup outright.
I also believe since I was a day 2 reservation holder I got a better deal than those with a newer one. However, I would call them (before you go) and see what the deal is. They were very knowledgeable and helpful.

ebrs929

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am on vacation this week and will be driving from VT to MA via NH. Thought maybe take an extra day for the Off-Rodeo as it seems I can still sign up (maybe?) It would be just me and I have no real idea of how to off road but really trying to learn. Would this be a terrible idea and/or inconsiderate to other attendees?
We did NH last Wednesday. It's a great time regardless of having a co-pilot or not. :) Highly recommend doing a day during the week! Our guide told us that weekends are usually packed - all 32 broncos are out on the mountain, but we only had 7 and the whole place to ourselves.

Sponsored

NotThatScott

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D & 1958 Willys Utility Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I HIGHLY recommend taking someone along, and I wouldn't rule out an apathetic partner.
I took along a friend's son, and there is a lot of driving time, and a lot of trail work, so having company you want to chat with definitely doesn't hurt.
But, more importantly, these Broncos are ridiculously formidable. Lots of guys were there with utterly inexperienced wing-men and wives who were all having fun taking down obstacles that used to send CJ's to graveyards.
The Broncos you drive can handle everything that is thrown at them in the Off-Roadeo. It's not like trail driving used to be, and it's not like Army off-rad training (Ask me how I know) where mistakes are a big deal and have consequences. The course is designed to get you from street to Trail.
Besides its what is called in the "Location Based Entertainment" Industry as a "super premium offering". Everything is really deluxe, and it has more luster than any other trail driving I have ever done, ever.
Of course... I didn't take my wife, did I?

OP
OP
Kimberley

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for everyones input. I went yesterday (alone) and had a blast! I feel I was lucky to be in an awesome group that was even nice enough to film me on the hardest (or more scariest) climb. It was definitely worth it for what I got out of it. I also did not mind being alone, no distraction since I needed to listen to know what I was doing.
Ford Bronco Is it wise as a newcomer to off roading to go to the Off-Rodeo alone? 1657303400348

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I stayed at Marble Falls Holiday Inn Express. Very clean, convenient location and very reasonable through Expedia.
Sponsored