Sponsored

Is keyless entry keypad installed at factory or dealer?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's in its slot on the fuse panel behind the dash. The panel below the steering wheel is clipped on around the edges on the top, left, and right sides and is hinged on the bottom. You have to pull pretty strongly the first time you go to pry it off but it does release and reveal the fuse panel and your SecuriCode card.
I will try this when I get home later. I couldn’t find the card for my keyless entry pad either.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will try this when I get home later. I couldn’t find the card for my keyless entry pad either.
D2dhanover is spot on, my Securicard was where D2d said it would be.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Either way it's probably just a stick on keypad that acts like a key fob. In fact it uses one of the fob "spaces" in the relevant module.
Can I ask what you mean here?
He means open the computer software and add the keypad as a new additional keyfob, if in fact the number of keyfobs is controlled by the vehicle. As long as a fob learns the key code I don't see why there would be any difference. Its not like the keypad stores your mileage and driving habits or driver specific seat and heat defaults - or maybe it does. Never had one, attempt never plan to so I do not know if a single keypad can be programmed for multiple users and personal codes.

Sponsored

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I ask what you mean here?
He means open the computer software and add the keypad as a new additional keyfob, if in fact the number of keyfobs is controlled by the vehicle. As long as a fob learns the key code I don't see why there would be any difference. Its not like the keypad stores your mileage and driving habits or driver specific seat and heat defaults - or maybe it does. Never had one, attempt never plan to so I do not know if a single keypad can be programmed for multiple users and personal codes.
JohnnyBronco is essentially correct. If I remember correctly Ford allows around 8 different keys/fobs to be programmed. I haven't been a Ford tech for several years and I'm remembering back to the integrated key/fob design. It may be different for push button start.

But effectively the stick on keypad is programed and acts like an additional fob vs the hardwired keypad design.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They cost ten dollars less on the accessories page then on the B&P.

CooterBrownATX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the dealership getting a new keypad right now. My factory installed one did not come with the key card. The service gal said this is the 3rd one they’ve replaced because the factory didn’t include the key card.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On this forum you never know…….
Great, now we'll see a new thread shortly that says "My keypad melted to my muffler - HELP!"...

Sponsored

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
At the dealership getting a new keypad right now. My factory installed one did not come with the key card. The service gal said this is the 3rd one they’ve replaced because the factory didn’t include the key card.
See D2d’s post. It’s in there.

It's in its slot on the fuse panel behind the dash. The panel below the steering wheel is clipped on around the edges on the top, left, and right sides and is hinged on the bottom. You have to pull pretty strongly the first time you go to pry it off but it does release and reveal the fuse panel and your SecuriCode card.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was installed. Came off with little effort. Was outdoor double sided tape.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed mine on this metal thingy I found under the back. It’s hidden but easy to get to.

8EECBA45-89A2-4793-BF37-F1EA74433408.jpeg
Unfortunately, that's likely to kill the batteries in it (and yes, I realize you are joking).

I was thinking one of those spring loaded license plate mounts and putting it behind the license plate.
Sponsored