Sponsored

Is "marine grade" vinyl interior any different from vinyl of the past?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of the pre-production Bronco's have Neoprene seat covers, what will the real production marine vinyl be, anyone's guess right now.
There's been some pictures of the "Space Gray" marine vinyl. And the one at the NYSE appeared to be the vinyl design, but in leather.

It's just a dark gray with yellow stitching on the Badlands. Presumably the BD has blue stitching.
Sponsored

TitusTerrebonne

Badlands
First Name
Titus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xD and a Mazda Tribute
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May be a little different but will still get hot the same way that leather does. Cloth will be the best for staying cool... anything else will get hot. With that said I’m still 100% buying vinyl for waterproof characteristics. I don’t mind a little burn on my bum from the heat once in a while?
That sounds like a personal problem.??

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep. The word "vinyl" conjures up memories of crappy old 80s cars, but really it's just synthetic leather. And these days, the "leatherette" or "pleather" or whatever it's called in various cars is pretty damn good and the average person would think it IS leather. "Marine-grade" was a brilliant marketing ploy.
Ford's marketing people are very good at this type of thing. Just like "military grade aluminum" on the F-150. They never say "military spec aluminum".

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep. The word "vinyl" conjures up memories of crappy old 80s cars, but really it's just synthetic leather. And these days, the "leatherette" or "pleather" or whatever it's called in various cars is pretty damn good and the average person would think it IS leather. "Marine-grade" was a brilliant marketing ploy.
Guess I’m really old. I hear vinyl and think of that clear plastic with the diamond pattern on the bench seats of the late 60s. Pretty sure the back of my legs still have that pattern burned into them.

Ford Bronco Is "marine grade" vinyl interior any different from vinyl of the past? 1599433263238
Sponsored

Last edited: