Sponsored

Is Mid Package a must for a daily driver?

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am bummed for you. I was in your boat, didn't want the BL but had to have MID and manual. So I bit the bullet and upgraded to BL.

I will NEVER use the off road capabilities of the BL, but I love the manual and I love the heated seats. I actually ended up also adding HIGH and like the large touchscreen and the side lights.
I went the other way. Stayed at Black Diamond. Chose not to pay $10,000 for heated seats plus other stuff I didn't care about. Not saying that in a mean sense, I get why others would make a different choice.
Sponsored

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

IMHO, my biggest "want/need" for the interior is the stereo. I will upgrade that before anything else. my preference would be the High package for the radio tho the Lux would be nice even if the rest of the vehicle was base. what can I say, I love jammin the tunes with the windows down so I either want the most basic crappy radio in there so I can do an aftermarket upgrade or I want the the top of the line radio so I dont have to upgrade.

Moyer22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Badlands is out of my budget so I have to downgrade to Black Diamond but manual is a must.

I can't get Mid Package AND Manual with Black Diamond so I have no choice but to go with the standard package.

I like the comfort creatures but I don't know if I should go ahead and order BD with the standard package.

Anyone here with the standard package daily their Bronco? Any regrets? Also, does CarPlay work with the standard package?
I went back and forth a million times and ended up choosing a manual Black Diamond and it is an absolutely perfect daily driver for me. Everyone was telling me I should upgrade to an auto to get the extra features, but getting a manual was a must for me and I don't think I will miss any of the extras. Remote start would be cool in the winter, but I've never had it so I'm not missing it specifically. With that being said, I'm coming from a Wrangler Sport with manual everything and no add-ons so everything in the Bronco is a luxury to me. I'm not exactly sure how Carplay works but I connect with my phone and use Android Auto so it should have it. You can also remotely lock and unlock through the Ford app. I have fun every time I drive my Bronco and have zero regrets about my choice. Good luck!

sage729

Big Bend
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Big Bend soft top, Area 51, non SAS, mid pack
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wanted a manual but went with the Mid package for the remote start, heated seat, and dual control AC. I love having those amenities especially during the Maryland winters. I'm sure I'll love the dual AC when the summer starts.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went back and forth a million times and ended up choosing a manual Black Diamond and it is an absolutely perfect daily driver for me.
I thought hard about the BD, but I would be stuck with MGV seats, since there is no cloth option on the BD. And I am NOT buying a car with vinyl or seats in Phoenix. Drove one at a "Drive the Bronco" event and the seats were scorching hot and it was only April.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went back and forth a million times and ended up choosing a manual Black Diamond and it is an absolutely perfect daily driver for me. Everyone was telling me I should upgrade to an auto to get the extra features, but getting a manual was a must for me and I don't think I will miss any of the extras. Remote start would be cool in the winter, but I've never had it so I'm not missing it specifically. With that being said, I'm coming from a Wrangler Sport with manual everything and no add-ons so everything in the Bronco is a luxury to me. I'm not exactly sure how Carplay works but I connect with my phone and use Android Auto so it should have it. You can also remotely lock and unlock through the Ford app. I have fun every time I drive my Bronco and have zero regrets about my choice. Good luck!
We should be able to add an aftermarket remote start

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would you let anyone influence you? Get what you want and live with it…

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went the other way. Stayed at Black Diamond. Chose not to pay $10,000 for heated seats plus other stuff I didn't care about. Not saying that in a mean sense, I get why others would make a different choice.
totally get it. Options are a personal choice. Living in the PNW, heated seats were a must for me.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The aftermarket is going to make adding heated seats a lot easier than it's going to make adding a stick shift. Most of the more expensive seat covers have a heating option. There are also cheapo ones but I don't know how good they are and they definitely don't look good.

It's a crime that you can't get heated seats on lower trims and there isn't something like a winter package but team stick shift needs to hold the line. Manual or bust!

Imo you made the right call... But I'm just a guy on the internet, everyone who got what they thought was right for them made the right call

TantoIndian

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco , 2,7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Badlands is out of my budget so I have to downgrade to Black Diamond but manual is a must.

I can't get Mid Package AND Manual with Black Diamond so I have no choice but to go with the standard package.

I like the comfort creatures but I don't know if I should go ahead and order BD with the standard package.

Anyone here with the standard package daily their Bronco? Any regrets? Also, does CarPlay work with the standard package?
I have a 4d base, cloth seats, soft top. 8 inch screen. No seat heaters, no dual climate. It was the better choice in my opinion. Unless you have to have all of the above. Oh and apple carplay and android auto works just fine. đź‘Ť

Sponsored

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got the Mid package. Now I just need the Bronco to go with it! I really want the OEM heated seats and remote start. I'm not interested in adding those things after-market.

Last edited:

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Everyone has different needs based on their situation. Climate, storage, usage, budget. You just have to evaluate your own non-negotiables.

Also, your expectations can change. I thought the two door with a hard top were mine until I saw one in person and drove it. I realized the four door was better for me.
Sponsored