Sponsored

Is my Bronco order actually linked to my reservation?

Thart89

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know there are a hundred threads on this topic but I still couldn't find an answer to my specific question. Placed my Badlands Bronco order and dealer told me I should receive a confirmation email immediately. 3 days passed with no email or change to my reservation status so I gave Ford marketing a call. I provide them with the sales code and order code and they told me they see the order but there is no order on my reservation. So I give my dealer a call and they told me they would look into it. Few hours later I get a confirmation email and my dealer sends me a text with a new order code. Log into my account and my reservation changed to ordering with dealer and my reservation number now says order number. I got a bit concerned when it no longer said Badlands like I reserved/ordered but just Bronco. Decided to try the little website source code hack I learned on here which revealed my reservation/order is a base 2 door 2.3l manual 7 speed. This got me more concerned so I called Ford marketing back. I provided the new order code and sales code and they confirmed that order was correct. I then provided my reservation number and they told me it wasn't linked to the order/sales code I had provided and that the reservation is indeed for a base 2.3 manual bronco. Bottom line, I keep going back and forth with my dealer who claims my order is linked to the reservation and Ford who states it reservation and my order are two separate orders. One guy at me dealer even told me the reservation didn't matter anymore. Any advice on what to do at this point? Thanks!
Sponsored

Collinabc123

Base
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer h3
Your Bronco Model
Base
All you can do is convince your dealer they’re wrong

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While not clear when your reservation was made, which will determine how screwed you are, there are a couple things we can get straight now;

You dealer linked a base to your reservation. They should be able to change it to the Bandlands configuration you wanted, unfortunately it is after the deadline for getting price protection for mid-year pricing should they change it at this point. You are out a few thousand extra dollars at a minimum. If your reservation was made before 3/20/21 (which is includes 3/19, but not 3/20 for those about to look foolish for saying my date is wrong), you will get price protection of some sort, my best guess is the amount for a base, subtracted from the new mid year pricing instead of from the 2022 MY pricing. Also it would be less than the BL's increase from 2021 to 2022 by a couple hundred I believe.

It may pay off to keep the first order to avoid the 2022.5 increase and give up the reservation.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP

Thart89

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While not clear when your reservation was made, which will determine how screwed you are, there are a couple things we can get straight now;

You dealer linked a base to your reservation. They should be able to change it to the Bandlands configuration you wanted, unfortunately it is after the deadline for getting price protection for mid-year pricing should they change it at this point. You are out a few thousand extra dollars at a minimum. If your reservation was made before 3/20/21 (which is includes 3/19, but not 3/20 for those about to look foolish for saying my date is wrong), you will get price protection of some sort, my best guess is the amount for a base, subtracted from the new mid year pricing instead of from the 2022 MY pricing. Also it would be less than the BL's increase from 2021 to 2022 by a couple hundred I believe.

It may pay off to keep the first order to avoid the 2022.5 increase and give up the reservation.
Reservation was after 3/20/21 so that doesn't help. If the dealer messed up why should I be held liable? I already signed an agreement for the pricing when I placed the order. Not sure how much weight that holds though. It's like they attempted to fix it or make it look like they fixed it but instead made it worse.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reservation was after 3/20/21 so that doesn't help. If the dealer messed up why should I be held liable? I already signed an agreement for the pricing when I placed the order. Not sure how much weight that holds though. It's like they attempted to fix it or make it look like they fixed it but instead made it worse.
Ethically, the dealer should, in my opinion, hold the price to the 2022MY and eat any increase from the 2022.5MY increase as, yes, they made it worse. I do not see that happening, nor do I see Ford Motor Company stepping up and eating it or pushing for their dealer to do the ethical thing either. (it would be incredibly hypocritical of Ford to push for ethical behavior on anything Bronco related after the reservation bait and switch they pulled on all of us.)

Good luck, maybe the policy (as I read it) will change. I believe the written FAQS are very clear and support my interpretation, however other folks do read it differently, inferring special carve outs for existing orders regardless of the verbiage Ford put out. Ford's history of veracity in these types of statements is of legendarily poor reputation, so maybe?

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like your dealer used your reservation for their own order and just submitted your order on its own (without using your reservation.)

If they were shady enough to do that, I highly doubt they’ll eat the price increase you are going to have to pay. If you’re lucky, you’ll probably only get your $100 reservation money back. I doubt that too, though, unfortunately.

*Edit-if you have the means, buy the Bronco that is under your reservation too and sell it. That way the dealer can’t earn the ADM on it. 😉😆
Sponsored