Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure if you have posted this before, trying to search the string.
If a dealer is selling OBX at MSRP, looks like Invoice to MSRP is about $1400. What is the holdback amount 3%? I am an Xplan buyer(supplier to Ford) but Ford "X'd" plan on Bronco.
Looks like my OBX should be built today so I was interested in dealer $$.
Thanks
holdback on the invoice is 2%
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@PotatoSalad Justin, what's done is done. And, if you're happy with the pricing that's what matters. But, sadly many here have had to educate their dealers. Not knowing your exact build I will say it's unlikely yours will be a '21. If it does turn out to be a '22 you will have to re-order again when the '22 order banks open (In September IIRC). You can change the entire build then if you want. I suggest you go in person, and have a come to Jesus meeting with whoever is handling your order. Read all you can here, and educate that person. That way he/she will know they have someone in the know, and not the average chump that walks into their everyday. Good luck.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is a lot more than some get Mike. So, yeah I think you're good to go.

goobstew

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi All,

I am an October reservation with a March order conversion. I was on the fence about a new vehicle when the Bronco was announced, so I didn't reserve early and then when I did I automatically reserved through the closest dealer who I have not been overly impressed with.

For one, I'm a March order conversion because they never reached out to me when the order banks opened. This was partially on me as I knew the banks were opening early in the year, but I didn't want to be pushy and thought reservation time was all that mattered for build dates. When I finally pushed them and converted my order they asked for a deposit of $1,000 as they wanted to determine who was serious about following through on their order and who wasn't since so many reservations had been placed. At the time this made sense and they told me it would go into my down payment rather than any sort of additional charge, but after reading a bit on this forum I'm having second thoughts about paying them that $1,000.

Additionally, after I converted my order I discovered this forum and tried to reach out to them to confirm a few things and have gotten no response for a month and a half. I'm not entirely sure, but I do think my original sales guy left the dealership so I give them a slight pass, but the lack of communication has been very frustrating as I've reached out to a few of the guys over there in recent weeks. I've mainly just wanted to confirm that if I don't get a 2021 build date that I don't need to do anything for 2022, that I'd be able to change things for 2022 options if I got bumped, and to get the ball rolling on the pricing discussion. I thought these would be fairly simple discussions, but I haven't gotten a response or call back from anyone there.

I'm very understanding of having to wait for my Bronco with the crazy demand and supply issues (I'm actually hoping to be delayed if they offer a green for next year), but the lack of communication has me a bit frustrated. I'm also worried that since I paid the extra $1,000 they are going to hose me on pricing when the time comes. Curious to know others thoughts, and also wondering if it is possible to change dealerships now I've placed my order.
Groove Ford here in Colorado has been completely great at getting back with us. I have changed the order 4 time's and they always sent me the change order in an hour. No other deposit other than the $100. They contacted me before ford sent the "scheduled for production" email to let me know my order was being looked at for production, and it was. I ordered our son a Ranger with them also. Our Bronco is at the terminal waiting for a truck, and I can't wait to get it!

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Diesel, Audi S4 Cabrio, Buick Enclave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Groove Ford here in Colorado has been completely great at getting back with us. I have changed the order 4 time's and they always sent me the change order in an hour. No other deposit other than the $100. They contacted me before ford sent the "scheduled for production" email to let me know my order was being looked at for production, and it was. I ordered our son a Ranger with them also. Our Bronco is at the terminal waiting for a truck, and I can't wait to get it!
Did your delivery go as planned? I expect to pick one up from them...it's on the train now...hoping it all goes smoothly...

Sponsored

goobstew

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did your delivery go as planned? I expect to pick one up from them...it's on the train now...hoping it all goes smoothly...
Completely smooth! No mark ups! Msrp and $599 like they said.

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Diesel, Audi S4 Cabrio, Buick Enclave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Completely smooth! No mark ups! Msrp and $599 like they said.
Thank you ...with any luck I'll have it by Friday!
Sponsored