Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nah, I’ll most likely use eco, mud and sand the most anyways.
Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I plan on wildtrak or outerbanks because of this... After having the ST, sport mode is a must have now. I could go without rock crawl or the sway bar disconnect IMO.
That has to be the main issue with Ford right now. The are saying this is the most configurable vehicle with 200-300 accessories and we cannot even order the exterior color, interior color and performance packages that we ACTUALLY want.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No you don't. :)

Seriously, drive by wire is what allows things like sport mode. But more importantly, it allows mapping the accelerator to a more linear throttle response. Every engine has peaks and flat spots in its power curve. In the old days, we used to whine about those flat spots. Drive by wire is one of the ways we can "tune out" the flat spots and enjoy a more consistent response from the engine.
My 04 mustang gt had good old fashioned cable controlled throttle and my best r/t was .009 and I was constantly in the .1xx to .0xx range. When I upgraded to my 07 gt which had drive by wire my best light was around a .250 with an average in the .300 range......drive by wire blows lol

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To answer the OP's question, if you are spending $50k+ on a truck and you cannot even have simple things that you want then yes it can be a big deal. I want Sport mode. Occasionally I like to haul ass, its fun for me, and I want the mode. I use it about monthly in my Porsche. It opens up the exhaust note, changes the engine tune, changes shift points, holds gears longer, tightens steering, etc. It makes the car noticeably more aggressive and fun to drive.

I could give two shit less about all the other GOAT modes, I would want ECO for long trips, and SPORT for some occasional fun. I know how to use 4x4 for Sand, Mud and Rocks. I'd have zero use for Baja and Slippery modes.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've decided on Badlands trim but learned there is no "sport mode" available on that trim. I will be getting the 2.7 engine. Is not having sport mode a big deal? If it was available, how often would you use it?
Was finally able to find you the appropriate article series regarding sport mode and speed that you'll be needing once you have your sport mode. Please see post 36 in this thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...auto-journalism-bible.9805/page-3#post-355990

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ah yes another of the ol' "I need sport mode on my burly offroader" threads.

Sport mode makes pavement driving better for sure if you're into that sort of thing
Sponsored

Last edited: