First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting the aux switches... which will cost me only $195 on my Base Bronco. I will flip them in random configurations, for "sport mode".
The Base model comes with Sport Mode. So I am going to use one of my aux switches on my Base for a rocket booster.

Ford Bronco Is not having sport mode a big deal? 1607454319459
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do the goat modes have an effect on manual tran?

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sport mode is a joke. It probably just remaps the throttle so that 80% of throttle happens in the first 20% of pedal travel.
Not how it works, but good try. Like you said, it does control steering assist, but also transmission shift points, torque converter lockup, and traction control systems. Here is a better representation of what really happens with the throttle....notice how the low speed stays them same.
Ford Bronco Is not having sport mode a big deal? 2020-12-08

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go drive a Raptor and select sport mode and you will understand.

Why would you assume that the sport mode on a Raptor would provide the same difference on a Bronco? They are two very different vehicles.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish that Ford would publish the information for the Bronco. For my M3, the 3 modes for the engine (efficient, sport and sport+) are wildly different and each has its uses. The modes change throttle response, exhaust valves and whether or not the turbos remained spooled up. M3 has separate steering and suspension controls. My Focus RS changed throttle response, suspension, exhaust valves and steering ratio and stiffness. I realize those are performance cars and we are talking Bronco.

Bronco doesn’t have exhaust valves or electronic suspension but it does have an accelerator pedal, auto transmission (for us 2.7 people), turbos and a steering wheel. You will notice that Raptor owners are noting a major difference between normal and sport modes. Im planning on getting a Badlands, so this is one possible drawback compared to the other trims. My only solace is that the FE has the same modes as Badlands, but up until recently the FE wasn’t really where most people wanted to be.

Hopefully more information is published about the Bronco’s mode and luckily there is an aftermarket for tuning if things are lacking in the power and transmission departments.
I also forgot to mention, the Bronco has speakers. Perhaps we get some more of that sweet, sweet pumped in engine sound over that B&O system! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm pretty locked in on Badlands, but I'd also like Sport Mode. Oh well.

It'd be cool if you could pick and choose. But it is what it is. I haven't had a sport mode on my other cars, although I do have different modes on my motorcycle. Very noticeable difference on the bike, as you might imagine.

I'm guessing you might be able to a sport mode flashed onto the system, but that's not something I've played with. Maybe just doing a good performance tuning would be enough.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My SPORT MODE!!!

Ford Bronco Is not having sport mode a big deal? 1607456015815

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't care at all about sport mode for my Bronco Badlands. I am going to use the car for daily driving and off pavement stuff plus hauling bicycles and motorcycles. It's not a sporty vehicle. I will use the GOAT modes and lockers. I also have a sports car with four modes and sport and sport+ modes and those are crucial to enjoying the car. They really make a big difference in the handling and response of the car. My wife's Lexus RX450h and my Subaru Crosstrek also have some sort of sport mode and I never even think of using them. Heck, the Crosstrek has a CVT transmission and paddle shifters. Totally ridiculous. So the Bronco will be a great off road 4x4 SUV. Sport mode not needed.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why would you assume that the sport mode on a Raptor would provide the same difference on a Bronco? They are two very different vehicles.
Because across the entire Ford line up the Sport mode does the same. Pick a model, Mustang, Explorer, etc. Drive it in Normal and then switch to Sport. Sport has zero to do with the amount of power put to the wheels. It has everything to do with how quickly that reaches the wheels. With drive by wire there is a programmed delay in the throttle pedal. Sport mode reduces the delay, changes the trans shift points, tightens up the steering, etc.

Baja and Sport modes are nothing alike.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

sport mode + 4H :p

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you sir made the assumption that if a vehicle is not a sports car then sport mode would not matter. I responded with a Raptor is NOT sports car and sports mode DOES matter.

Let's think about this. Why would Ford put sports mode on the Bronco when it would not matter? The conclusion can only be that sports mode does matter on the bronco.

I rest my case.

:)

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've decided on Badlands trim but learned there is no "sport mode" available on that trim. I will be getting the 2.7 engine. Is not having sport mode a big deal? If it was available, how often would you use it?
The 2.7 is sport mode. :LOL:

Seriously, though, the vast majority of what people recognize in sport mode on a vehicle is the change in throttle response. If your style of driving is vroom-screech (mash the throttle until it's time to slam on the brakes), you'll enjoy that sport mode makes it easier for you. :) But sport mode was really meant for sports cars. We're not getting dynamic suspension tuning or things like that. The steering feel will probably tighten, but we won't know whether that's good, bad or just different. Some vehicles allow customizing of individual features. If the Bronco allows that, it would allow those who miss Sport mode to replicate it with their own settings.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Guess I'm gonna find out with my Badlands, I personally think it will be ok in Normal Mode with the 2.7 ?
Same here. No way sport mode is a reason to change your model, especially the features compared to the OBX and Wildtrak (wash out floors, sway bar, marine grade vinyl)

I would prefer sport mode, but it’s a 5k lb truck, I live in the suburbs, it’ll be in normal or eco with the top off 75% of the year, 25% in slippery for snow season.
Sponsored