Sponsored

Is ordering a 2 door right now a bad idea?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had one of those $100 day one reservations that I ended up taking back. My financial situation has finally changed and I’m ready to actually order now. Is it dumb to order a 2 door with MIC? I’ve read some say that’ll push you to 2023 or further. Was really hoping a 2 door would become available with soft top for 2022. Ive tried searching and googling but haven’t come up with much information. Every dealer I talk to gives me different takes lol.
July 14th reservation for 2-door Badlands and you and I have the same number of Broncos.

Since I tied up some money, I'd say you are ahead in this deal. Congrats!
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hot damn! Congrats on finally getting to the build. That’s a serious wait.
If you think that’s bad…….I reserved my 2dr Badlands on 7/13 2020 at 6:10pm Mountain Time (10 minutes after orders opened) and have a #1 dealership allocation for a dealership with nearly 400 reservations and 56 allocations….and I have yet to receive a build date. I will have to reorder like everyone else after 10/13 for a MY22 model.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might as well take a number and get in line. My 2 door manual badlands is scheduled week of 15 November. I'm a 7/14/2020 at 12:30 a.m. reservation.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might as well take a number and get in line. My 2 door manual badlands is scheduled week of 15 November. I'm a 7/14/2020 at 12:30 a.m. reservation.
You sir won the lottery congrats.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You sir won the lottery congrats.
Indeed. I settled on being a MY22, even arranged to buy a dealer stock build. Then I received a Vin on the 30th last month. Shocked is an understatement.

Sponsored

TexAZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Similar situation. 7/14 just past midnight, 2dr Badlands, Sasquatch, MIC. Was waiting on my dealer to call me back to cancel my order when I received a build date of 11/15.
Seems like most of the 9/30 notifications were 2drs though.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Indeed. I settled on being a MY22, even arranged to buy a dealer stock build. Then I received a Vin on the 30th last month. Shocked is an understatement.
The only 2dr Badlands I've seen in person or on the web are dealer mannequins. Myself and six of my friends have 2dr Badlands ordered both with and without SAS. All of us are 7/13 reservations, none of us got vins and we're scattered across the country. Ridiculous....

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Similar situation. 7/14 just past midnight, 2dr Badlands, Sasquatch, MIC. Was waiting on my dealer to call me back to cancel my order when I received a build date of 11/15.
Seems like most of the 9/30 notifications were 2drs though.
Glad you got a vin but makes my blood boil. Same build as you and an hour ahead of you, #4 at my dealer. What number were you?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
To answer the OP, it appears that the top for the 2 door is no longer constrained, so no, it's not a bad idea...

TexAZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you got a vin but makes my blood boil. Same build as you and an hour ahead of you, #4 at my dealer. What number were you?
I get it. I was told #70 out of #400, but don’t trust what I’ve been told from the beginning. Big volume dealer, 3rd person I’ve dealt with. Was also told they had only had 1 delivered so far and no FE’s fulfilled. I don’t know what to believe anymore, just going with it.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get it. I was told #70 out of #400, but don’t trust what I’ve been told from the beginning. Big volume dealer, 3rd person I’ve dealt with. Was also told they had only had 1 delivered so far and no FE’s fulfilled. I don’t know what to believe anymore, just going with it.
Completely understand, left my first dealer before I ever placed my order due to zero communication. Second dealer almost identical until I show them screen shots from Bronco6g when they tell me they don't know their allocation, they don't get previews on Tuesdays......until I prove them wrong by showing them screen shots of dealers on here who actually communicate with their customers. Supposedly as of a month ago they had 18 allocations, I was #4 in line, and they have had zero builds preview and several of their orders were FE but they wouldn't tell me how many......

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cant win if you don't play. 7/14 + midnight res, 2 dr badlands. 99'd for the green mansquatch immediately.

i think our places in line can change with the tide of parts availability. Realizing that when the exact parts are available that could build yours, the order may still go to someone else with a newer time stamp just because your dealer wasn't qued higher in allocation or if Ford scheduling used some sort of rng to prevent the system from being figured out and taken advantage of. One dealer could have a thousand early reservations, but Ford probably has a set number of consecutive builds at one dealership they can fulfill at a time before they need to share build orders to all the other dealers.

I feel a sort of comfort being in a smaller pool of holders (2 door take rate vs 4 door), also being in an even smaller pool (manual gears), and that i think Ford has plans to see plenty of my build running around to keep up the public interest. If all of us are cookies slowly going stale in a pot; and If the hand that reaches into the pot only grabs one cookie at a time, i would want to be a cookie in a pot with fewer cookies. But, i reserved thru Stephens Auto Center where many others (mostly the Eastern US crowd). There probably are other reservation holders at SAC with the same build and timestamps older and newer than me.

its a long shot and an endurance race. How we get selected is just a guess to me.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I say order your 2 door. There seams to be so much randomness to the process it is like playing the lottery. But you may win and not be hurt at all by waiting till now.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if you want to wait a couple years for a Bronco you ordered then get what you want but if you dont want to wait you find a two door on a dealer lot faster if you dont mind paying over MSRP .
Sponsored