First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Test drove a BD non-SAS and OB SAS. The OB was a noticeably smoother ride! Was it because of the SAS package or because it was simply an Outer Banks? Thank you for any comments!
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base

E. Davis

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The combination of 1) more suspension travel, 2) taller tires, and 3) more tire sidewall on SAS vs non-SAS is noticeable on the road. Only potential downfall with SAS is a bit more tire noise and decreased MPG than regular OBX. But in terms of absorbing the imperfections of the road, yes, SAS is going to be better.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Test drove a BD non-SAS and OB SAS. The OB was a noticeably smoother ride! Was it because of the SAS package or because it was simply an Outer Banks? Thank you for any comments!
I have just a non SAS base and the ride to me is like a tightly sprung sport sedan. I'm pretty impressed with both the ride, steering and handling.

Sponsored

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We recently had (the bad circumstances) occasion to take the Wildtrak on a 1,200+ mile each way road-trip up and down I-95 .... And really it was a pretty darn smooth ride and as usual, the Bronco wants to drive itself.

Also - Adaptive Cruise Control is absolutely amazing. I had never even tried it before - you almost feel like it's just driving itself. I'd never own a Tesla even IF I was rich but I can start to see the appeal to cars that drive themselves.

Anyway, I've said before, I think these are some amazing and blast-to-drive vehicles.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the Sas in a 2 door and it rides great- sporty although smooth enough and swallows bumps. Leans on turns a bit but it's to be expected. Love the Bilsteins. I have had them on Jeeps with similar results. With the 2.7 it's fast as heck and I'm averaging 22.1 MPG so no complaints or effect on MPG for me having Sas.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have just a non SAS base and the ride to me is like a tightly sprung sport sedan. I'm pretty impressed with both the ride, steering and handling.
Non Sas BB here and I would say the same, love it. I am getting the Bilstein 5100's to get a little lift and hope I don't lose the nice ride/handling.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The combination of 1) more suspension travel, 2) taller tires, and 3) more tire sidewall on SAS vs non-SAS is noticeable on the road. Only potential downfall with SAS is a bit more tire noise and decreased MPG than regular OBX. But in terms of absorbing the imperfections of the road, yes, SAS is going to be better.
I’m getting 19.5 mpg on my sasquatch which is pretty damn good in my opinion

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bigger tires smooth out crappy roads.
Go SAS or go home

Sponsored

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also - Adaptive Cruise Control is absolutely amazing. I had never even tried it before - you almost feel like it's just driving itself. I'd never own a Tesla even IF I was rich but I can start to see the appeal to cars that drive themselves.
I really wish there was Adaptive Cruise Control with lane centering and stop and go. It's offered on most Ford cars and it's miles better than the simple Adaptive on the Bronco.
It stays engaged and will put the Bronco to a full stop if needed during a traffic jam and then will re start, so you don't have to deal with the ACC turning off at 8 mph and then having to re-accelerate yourself. Also, the Lane Centering truly drives for you on the highway, instead of the Lane Keeping aid that just bumps you back into your line.

I regularly do 1000+ miles road trips and severely miss this feature as it makes the ride safer and less fatiguing. This and ventilated seats are the only things I miss.

Teslas are on a different level and will drive themselves through curvy mountain roads alike no pbm, but the thing is I enjoy driving my vehicle in a curvy road.
Traffic jams and highway, not so much, so that's where I see the benefits of driving aid.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

fun game, i can somewhat comment on the bilstein vs hitachi.

here is my quick mod experiences:

bd non-sas: great overall, hard hits and compression return seems high that can make it a little rough but not bad, feels like an improved jeep if that makes sense. i did put it through the ringer.

added 33s (and went to 17x8.5 > 17x9): slightly better, smoother ride.

dropped tp (39 > 35ish): big improvement on overall ride and small bump.

swapped sus (hitachi > bl non-sas bils): that's a bingo. moderate onroad improvement. eliminated the harsh rebound. way better offroad, more of a float vs return. need to have a few harder offroad sessions.

solarbound27

Badlands
First Name
Taj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (Non-Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The BL without SAS is a pretty smooth ride. It's the only one that comes with the SAS suspension but a dropped down tire size (33's).
Sponsored