Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it was the Bronco is weak sauce without the 35s why do you think they never hardly show any models without Sasquatch. Just my opinion.
Funny how TN, KOH and the TX Off-Roadeo have highlighted mostly non-squatch Badlands.
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless your Acura with the NSX, powertrains and hard mount points RARELY change after they're first set for the program. And they're one of the first things set.

Outside the lines is factual below is purely hypothetical.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now after they were set some chief or VP may have realized a market opportunity for 35". So you can't change the hardpoints what can you do. Remove the crash bars for turning - done. Changing the strut / spring - sure. Add longer control arms to allow similar control arms - well that's too much complexity/too much cost/any other laundry list of issues.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So was Sasquatch an afterthought in the sense that from day 1 the goal was 35s? MAYBE. Has the Sasquatch package undergone the same rigors of testing and been thoroughly tortured and validated? ABSOLUTELY. See KOH/Super Cel East / Off-Roadeo.

I fail to see the concern.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, you make a lot of ignorant comments in your attack on the guy...#1: All suspension set-ups have bump stops from the factory. Badlands has them too; Sasquatch just has ones that allow 10mm less up-travel compared to the set-up with 33s...for obvious reasons. #2: Sasquatch has very good articulation and ramp scores for a factory set-up...it is in no way "crippled". That line of argument makes your entire post seem like it was made up to for some agenda you have: either trying to justify in your mind why not getting Sasquatch is a good thing, and you really don't believe it but are trying to convince yourself and others; or you're a troll who is not buying to begin with.
I do have a Bronco on order, with a 7/13 reservation and impatiently waiting to be scheduled. I am in the same boat as everyone and got concerned by that discussion so I thought I would report it here. If you look at my profile you will se extensive reports from my trips to KOH and Moab (with picture proofs..), which have been greatly appreciated by the community. If there is one troll here thatā€™s not me.
You believe what you want to believe I am just reporting what I have been told directly and have 0 interest in making anything up.
My ā€œattack to the guyā€ was just a response from him calling total bullshit on what I report. Look, I was just trying to be helpful, like all the pictures, posts and drive report I have done on the forum. Being greeted with that kind of animosity and suspiciousness because I share something is not why I come here. So if thatā€™s the kind of atmosphere this forum is turning to, I sure wonā€™t post anything in the future.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also the guy sounded a bit piss and was criticizing Ford decision like why would they make me design a nice shock and then cripple it to fit their 35in tires.
If you think the Sasquatch suspension is crippled you need to do a little more research.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The ability to upgrade to "extreme" tires and suspension regardless of trim level has been a hallmark of this program throughout development... way back when "mid," "high," and "lux" were the trim designations.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spent time in a new squatched Bronco (thanks Ford Motor Company) at Moab a couple of months ago and was blown away. Nothing crippling about it whatsoever.

I'm excited for others to be blown away as well. Y'all are gonna love it!

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spent time in a new squatched Bronco (thanks Ford Motor Company) at Moab a couple of months ago and was blown away. Nothing crippling about it whatsoever.

I'm excited for others to be blown away as well. Y'all are gonna love it!
Yep me too. Blown away and you can see it in my reports from the KOH event with my ride in a first edition.
I am not saying Sasquatch sucks. Itā€™s amazing. I am just reporting what a Bilstein engineer told me. And then I linked that to the crash bar thing and realized maybe the package is an afterthought from Ford, like the question mark in the title suggestsā€¦

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I was thinking about this topic the other day. What are the implications of removing the crash bar? How does it affect insurance? How does it affect safety? I am assuming it is legal if Ford is doing it. Would it be legal if the consumer did the same on a lower trim level? How would the liability look if there were an accident, that the crash bars could have prevented some sort of increased damage?

Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is Sasquatch an afterthought from Ford?

I've also wondered this but for different reasons than people are discussing here. If Ford had always intended Sasquatch to be offered in the form it is today, why didn't they just design the Bronco to accept the 35" tires and wheels without any other change to a Badlands other than a shock revalve and wider fender flares? It seems like they made it harder and more expensive than it needs to be.

This is more of an economic and profitability thought than anything else.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now that we Bronco Forum Participants ("BFP" T shirts available) are experts on vehicle design, engineering, manufacturing, crash testing, off road testing, durability testing, suspension design, shipping logistics, dealer allocation formula, on-line purchasing, off-road driving, on-line trolling, We should start our own car company !

fernieboy

Wildtrak
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do have a Bronco on order, with a 7/13 reservation and impatiently waiting to be scheduled. I am in the same boat as everyone and got concerned by that discussion so I thought I would report it here. If you look at my profile you will se extensive reports from my trips to KOH and Moab (with picture proofs..), which have been greatly appreciated by the community. If there is one troll here thatā€™s not me.
You believe what you want to believe I am just reporting what I have been told directly and have 0 interest in making anything up.
My ā€œattack to the guyā€ was just a response from him calling total bullshit on what I report. Look, I was just trying to be helpful, like all the pictures, posts and drive report I have done on the forum. Being greeted with that kind of animosity and suspiciousness because I share something is not why I come here. So if thatā€™s the kind of atmosphere this forum is turning to, I sure wonā€™t post anything in the future.
Donā€™t be disheartened, people get very passionate here. Probably has a lot to do with the BIG WAIT. šŸ˜Ž

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am not saying Sasquatch sucks. Itā€™s amazing. I am just reporting what a Bilstein engineer told me. And then I linked that to the crash bar thing and realized maybe the package is an afterthought from Ford, like the question mark in the title suggestsā€¦
Does Ranger have Crash Bars and Upgrade Crash Bar kits for larger tires? (Yes)
I did clarify the post with the exact wording that I have been told. That this engineer said bullshit is a possibility. But then if Bilstein did design the Sasquatch suspension in the first place why would they reduce its travel with a bumpstop from the beginning. Makes no sense. So clearly it canā€™t be bulshit, and if you donā€™t see the logic you can go back to school.

Also the guy sounded a bit piss and was criticizing Ford decision like why would they make me design a nice shock and then cripple it to fit their 35in tires.
So you mean Ford made Engineering trade-offs on the Bronco, just like the Raptor? (Yes)
I just found a video of Vaughn Gittin Jr jumping an RTR on true 35s and the front wheels tucked hard enough to rub the inner fenders just like my raptor. Ford actually made 37s fit the gen 3 raptor by limited suspension travel and also cheating by using 37s that aren't true to size. I guess that's the end of my want for 37s.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe there were multiple engineers, one from Bill-stine, and one from Bill-stene?
Sponsored