Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will be interesting to know if they fit with 315s / no rubbing.
It's believed the ReadyLift crash bars are the ones on the 4WP Race Red lifted 4-door on 37's. Therefore I believe 35s will be no problem.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that we Bronco Forum Participants ("BFP" T shirts available) are experts on vehicle design, engineering, manufacturing, crash testing, off road testing, durability testing, suspension design, shipping logistics, dealer allocation formula, on-line purchasing, off-road driving, on-line trolling, We should start our own car company !
Mostly because we haven't solved for two things yet. The reservation thing and how to keep the damn bats from causing another pandemic. :LOL:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, according to the Ford suspension engineer AND the Bilstein engineer , both of whom hung out here in years past, this story is complete bullshit. :rolleyes:
Exactly.

With 35" or larger tires, those bars mean nothing. A 35" tire and wheel at this size weigh around 100lbs or more so in an accident they won't move very much and if they were to I'm not sure those bars will do you much good.

Isn't the purpose of the bars to keep the wheel from crashing into the fire wall and cabin?

Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep me too. Blown away and you can see it in my reports from the KOH event with my ride in a first edition.
I am not saying Sasquatch sucks. It’s amazing. I am just reporting what a Bilstein engineer told me. And then I linked that to the crash bar thing and realized maybe the package is an afterthought from Ford, like the question mark in the title suggests…
"A Bilstein engineer"? You can find any single person that works for any respective company that has something negative to say. Nothing bad about the squatched Bronco at all...nothing. I think you'll see that when R&T, M/T and others test the Bronco's in a few weeks. -peace-

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the info OP. I think your info is likely spot on. I don't think it was can afterthought as much as it was ford likely cheaping out a bit and saving something for the warthog. If sasquatch got the articulation of a badlands then it would steal alot of the warthogs thunder.

I would still take 35s over 33s in most off-road scenarios with a little less articulation but still a little disappointing we can't have both. By the way I feel the same way about my power wagon and jeep rubicon love the 33" articulation but wish it was set designed for 35" from the factory....so it's not a ford specific issue. 33"s are clearly cheaper to set up the suspension for......which is why the warthog is likely going to be incredible.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I discussed with a Bilstein engineer who helped develop the Badlands suspension. He said that Bilstein did the design for that suspension, but that for Sasquatch they didn’t design it: Ford did modify it to reduce travel and higher clearance a bit. It seems at the time Bilstein first developed the suspension Sasquatch was not yet on the table.

Then look at the crash bars. Ford has to remove them to clear 35 tires. If Bronco was designed with Sasquatch in mind they wouldn’t need to remove crash bars.

EDIT: wording modified for clarification
Well that's not good if Bilstein was left out of that meeting. But, as long as Bigfoot was there with the engineers, I'm sure we'll be fine. The crash bars are a little concerning though.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Loren Healy shared a very similar discussion in Moab while driving us around. The Bronco was intended to wear 33's from day one. Bilstein, Ford engineers, and the development drivers spent major time and expense perfecting the suspension setup that you know as the Badlands. After the development work was finished, Healy and the other development drivers convinced Ford to fit a 35" tire to it. The previously developed suspension was tweaked to fit a 35 without interfering. I'm paraphrasing, but this was the gist of the conversation. I don't see any negative connotations regarding one being better or worse than the other. It's just a story about the genesis of the Sasquatch package.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco6g is turning into a conspiracy site......

Turns out thats not a bronco, but the next, NEXT gen wrangler with bronco badging as the ultimate jeep troll of ford trolling jeep in the land of trolls....

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, you make a lot of ignorant comments in your attack on the guy...#1: All suspension set-ups have bump stops from the factory. Badlands has them too; Sasquatch just has ones that allow 10mm less up-travel compared to the set-up with 33s...for obvious reasons. #2: Sasquatch has very good articulation and ramp scores for a factory set-up...it is in no way "crippled". That line of argument makes your entire post seem like it was made up to for some agenda you have: either trying to justify in your mind why not getting Sasquatch is a good thing, and you really don't believe it but are trying to convince yourself and others; or you're a troll who is not buying to begin with.
Maybe he is a Jeep guy? 😂🤣😂

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it was actually quite insulting after all the work accomplished. The base suspension was supposed to be so capable, not that the Hitachi shocks aren’t good it just is sad to see the downgrade and exclusion of the good stuff on one model instead of all and the ultimate system molested to work for what is essentially a boomer package.
I always saw their intention with the base to be a blank canvas for those that plan to rip out most of the stock parts for the their favorite tired and true mods. So they threw on parts that work knowing that those folks will take them off anyway. They made it cheap and with only the necessities. 4WD, engine/trans, Bronco body... all else gets torn off and customized... nothing wrong with that
Sponsored