Sponsored

Is Sasquatch Being Auto Only a Dealbreaker?

Is the Sasquatch Package being available only with the Automatic Transmission a dealbreaker for you?

• Total voters

sweeptheleg

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
brz
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a deal breaker for the bronco in general for me.

I had an idea of what I wanted in mind before the launch. And a warranty version of the sasquatch bronco with a manual is it. I'll be waiting patiently until they release or won't buy at all.
Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I literally bought a Rubicon 3 weeks ago after realizing Ford wasn't making the Bronco I wanted lol.
And that Rubicon you bought came with factory 35s?

I donā€™t care what you bought but itā€™s very simple to get what everyone wants. Get a badlands and add wheels and tires of your choice. Done.

You gotta pay to play. Anyone that doesnā€™t want to pay that much weā€™ll stick with the auto or add on your wheels later.

Far too many people here jump the gun. Relax, we have a year to wait.

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And that Rubicon you bought came with factory 35s?

I donā€™t care what you bought but itā€™s very simple to get what everyone wants. Get a badlands and add wheels and tires of your choice. Done.

You gotta pay to play. Anyone that doesnā€™t want to pay that much weā€™ll stick with the auto or add on your wheels later.

Far too many people here jump the gun. Relax, we have a year to wait.
I can add 35s to the Rubi without a lift. If I want 37s I need a lift.

I got a 6 speed stick with the 6 cylinder and the options I want. I was not getting that with the Bronco.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can add 35s to the Rubi without a lift. If I want 37s I need a lift.

I got a 6 speed stick with the 6 cylinder and the options I want. I was not getting that with the Bronco.
You can add 35s to the badlands without a lift.

Congrats on the Jeep but that 6 cylinder has much less torque than the Broncos 4 cylinder and only 15 more HP. You are right you canā€™t get a 6 speed stick with the Bronco. Itā€™s a 7 speed.

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can add 35s to the badlands without a lift.

Congrats on the Jeep but that 6 cylinder has much less torque than the Broncos 4 cylinder and only 15 more HP. You are right you canā€™t get a 6 speed stick with the Bronco. Itā€™s a 7 speed.
I am aware of the power differential lol.

I also got it during the clearance event, so fully optioned with a ton off. Ultimately, I lined up both and the Rubicon at that price checked way more boxes.

I donā€™t know why youā€™re making this a pissing contest. I chose what was best for me at the time based on what we knew and know. I never once said the Rubicon is the best choice for everyone.

Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am aware of the power differential lol.

I also got it during the clearance event, so fully optioned with a ton off. Ultimately, I lined up both and the Rubicon at that price checked way more boxes.

I donā€™t know why youā€™re making this a pissing contest. I chose what was best for me at the time based on what we knew and know. I never once said the Rubicon is the best choice for everyone.
It was the implication that you couldnā€™t get those things with the Bronco. You can have 35/ā€œs with the Bronco manual as much as you can with the Jeep. Thatā€™s great that you got a good deal.

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was the implication that you couldnā€™t get those things with the Bronco. You can have 35/ā€œs with the Bronco manual as much as you can with the Jeep. Thatā€™s great that you got a good deal.
To be fair, we have no idea what we can and cannot get as the options thereā€™s a lot of speculation. For example, I donā€™t know if you need new fenders for 35s on the Bronco whereas I donā€™t need them on the Rubicon, mainly because the latter has been out and tested. I donā€™t know what rubs or doesnā€™t. Thatā€™s all taken care of on the Jeep because folks have been doing this for a while.

Last edited:

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be fair, we have no idea what we can and cannot get as the options thereā€™s a lot of speculation. For example, I donā€™t know if you need new fenders for 35s on the Bronco whereas I donā€™t need them on the Rubicon, mainly because the latter has been out and tested. I donā€™t know what rubs or doesnā€™t. Thatā€™s all taken care of on the Jeep because folks have been doing this for a while.
We do know. You donā€™t need new fenders unless you are scared of getting a ticket for having offset wheels. The fenders are removable with a quick release clip if there was any problem.

There wonā€™t be any rubbing. The only problem will be on full squat there will be 10mm more of clearance needed. You can either not bottom out or extend your bump stops.

Itā€™s fine that you chose to get a Jeep now. Thatā€™s great. I wish I had a new vehicle now. But the reasons you did jump ship was because you panicked prematurely. With a little shading out you would have understood that Sasquatch wasnā€™t the end of the world. Especially since Jeep doesnā€™t offer any kind of Sasquatch in comparison.

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We do know. You donā€™t need new fenders unless you are scared of getting a ticket for having offset wheels. The fenders are removable with a quick release clip if there was any problem.

There wonā€™t be any rubbing. The only problem will be on full squat there will be 10mm more of clearance needed. You can either not bottom out or extend your bump stops.

Itā€™s fine that you chose to get a Jeep now. Thatā€™s great. I wish I had a new vehicle now. But the reasons you did jump ship was because you panicked prematurely. With a little shading out you would have understood that Sasquatch wasnā€™t the end of the world. Especially since Jeep doesnā€™t offer any kind of Sasquatch in comparison.
We don't know--we can only guess until it's out and the different sizes are tested for rubbing. Saying there's not going to be any rubbing, especially when I actually wheel the thing, is wildly premature without actually going out and testing it out.

And I didn't panic, per se, I took advantage of the market created by COVID to get a vehicle as or more capable than the one I was lusting over. My truck's resale was never getting better and the deal was never gonna be as cheap. Paired with how steeply my hype had been declining, it was a no brainer. Now I get something that works just as well, if not better, for cheaper, and I can sit back and watch and see how the launch goes so I can reassess in 2-3 years.

Re: Jeep not having a Sasquatch, the only appeal (for me) was the bigger wheels and tires and lift being included in the factory warranty. Everything else was included in the Badlands. The ratios might be a touch better on the Squatch compared to the Jeep but I have 44s front and rear and a sway bar disconnect (only available on Badlands, not Squatch). There will be little, if any, areas the Squatch can get into (and out of) that a Rubicon cannot.

I find the downplaying a bit odd--there's a reason Ford is chasing Jeep and trying to improve on that product. My hope is the Bronco reviews well, sells well, and pushes both products and manufacturers. This 4x4 renaissance is awesome.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

from one of the spreadsheets i've seen, lockers are available as an option, (it's the blue background spreadsheet, says available for the locker section). so being able to put 35s, different aftermarket suspension some of the factory options, you can still pretty much have a sasquatch bronco in manual with the 2.3L. just need to get some aftermarket items and it won't be covered by warranty. seeing as most on here will replace lots of parts in a year or two with aftermarket, it's not a deal breaker.

Sponsored

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
from one of the spreadsheets i've seen, lockers are available as an option, (it's the blue background spreadsheet, says available for the locker section). so being able to put 35s, different aftermarket suspension some of the factory options, you can still pretty much have a sasquatch bronco in manual with the 2.3L. just need to get some aftermarket items and it won't be covered by warranty. seeing as most on here will replace lots of parts in a year or two with aftermarket, it's not a deal breaker.
In order to do that (squatch gearing and m210 front diff), you have to buy a badlands. That throws a giant wrench into the affordability aspect. A no options 2 door badlands is $43500 sticker.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We don't know--we can only guess until it's out and the different sizes are tested for rubbing. Saying there's not going to be any rubbing, especially when I actually wheel the thing, is wildly premature without actually going out and testing it out.

And I didn't panic, per se, I took advantage of the market created by COVID to get a vehicle as or more capable than the one I was lusting over. My truck's resale was never getting better and the deal was never gonna be as cheap. Paired with how steeply my hype had been declining, it was a no brainer. Now I get something that works just as well, if not better, for cheaper, and I can sit back and watch and see how the launch goes so I can reassess in 2-3 years.

Re: Jeep not having a Sasquatch, the only appeal (for me) was the bigger wheels and tires and lift being included in the factory warranty. Everything else was included in the Badlands. The ratios might be a touch better on the Squatch compared to the Jeep but I have 44s front and rear and a sway bar disconnect (only available on Badlands, not Squatch). There will be little, if any, areas the Squatch can get into (and out of) that a Rubicon cannot.

I find the downplaying a bit odd--there's a reason Ford is chasing Jeep and trying to improve on that product. My hope is the Bronco reviews well, sells well, and pushes both products and manufacturers. This 4x4 renaissance is awesome.
Iā€™m not downplaying anything. Jeeps are great and they have been the only option for a removable top off road commercial vehicle for a while. They are the bar that Ford has to compete with and meet up to if not surpass.

Just like the Raptor is the bar set for factory off road trucks.

Iā€™m saying you implied that the Bronco canā€™t do things that the Jeep can do and thatā€™s why you made your choice. Which isnā€™t necessarily true.

You made your choice because you could get in a Jeep now and you could get it at a discount now. Thatā€™s great. If I wanted what the Jeep offers I would have done the same. But I donā€™t want a solid front axle. My interests arenā€™t rock crawling. I want something more akin to a trophy truck than a rock crawler. What I really want is a Can-Am UTV but I donā€™t want the hassle of trailering it places.

My plans are to get this and put some adjustable Kings 2.5s and hit some open desert and go explore while soaking up everything.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The manual is made in China, consider being forced to buy an automatic a gift to yourself and North American workers..

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford is not going to sell you 35" tires that rub.

And if you start messing with diff wheels that have different offsets then yes, you may rub.

BUT oem wheels with 35s will not rub.

OrangecrushAZ

Badlands
First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Raptor, ā€˜17 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, but Iā€™m bummed about it! 2.7TT, 7 speed, squatched would be perfect.
Sponsored