Sponsored

Is Sasquatch Being Auto Only a Dealbreaker?

Is the Sasquatch Package being available only with the Automatic Transmission a dealbreaker for you?

• Total voters

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I registered just to share my pain. I only buy manuals, and I reserved what was to be a manual BadSquatch, but tonight I am torn as to whether I will keep my reservation. I may go back to searching for a TRD Pro.

I have modded every vehicle I’ve owned, some even when brand new. But, now that I can afford what I want (a 50-60k vehicle) I really don’t want to tear it apart immediately from the factory, especially when the same mods could be installed at the factory with the available package. Additionally, but not lastly, These mods are especially a pain when that vehicle is your daily driver.

I voiced my opinion on Mikes twitter, and I have a lot of thinking to do, but Damn I want a Bronco. Hopefully this option ends up on the order sheet.
Sponsored

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not an issue for me because I am going without the Sasquatch package on my Badlands Bronco anyway. The Badlands trim has most of the features included from the Sasquatch package. I'm just going to toss on some larger tires and call it a day.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not an issue for me since i was in the 7MT camp anyway, so no 'squatch for me.
i would not be adverse to the 2.7L with 7MT :)

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So people are gonna get the Wrangler with 33's because the bronco doesn't come with 35's and a stick?

If you watch the recent video's the black softtop badlands in Rubicon trail and Moab is running stock 33's. It also has a Stick, and Badlands comes with lockers and 4.70 gears. You could always add a lift to that later if you need it but it completed the Rubicon Trail and Moab as is.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't matter to me. I enjoyed a stick for a while, but definitely prefer auto for its simplicity.

Sponsored

marcrowd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Same, probably back to looking at a gladiator. IF the aftermarket catches up and offers a locker that is..
Statements like this are why I don’t respect these as honest “no’s”. If this is your fallback, you weren’t all that interested in the first place. Probably one of thousands of Jeep diehards trolling this sight that think this conversation topic is going to dampen the Bronco revolution a single iota. News flash: The Jeep has nothing currently or on the projected horizon to rival anything this manual puts out or the packages its available on. Ford isn’t obligated to do something that will majorly complicate the longevity of their product when their biggest competition looks like a pre-schooler compared to their full grown product. Go back to your Jeep forum.

Last edited:

marcrowd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's absolutely baffling to me. I hope the "open to feedback" aspect is correct and they end up changing course. If both engines can handle it--and according to him, they can--then the lack of a MT option is nothing but arbitrary, anti-consumer nonsense IMO.
Longevity is the issue. Yes it can “handle” it. They aren’t just saying ‘no’ to frustrate the customers. It’s speed of production and longevity. They probably have 200,000+ orders by now. Probably an additional 20k order just from the Rubicon and Moab posts over the weekend.

marcrowd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It’s true but the whole point of the Sasquatch is saving money and getting some badass stuff out of the box. The way that Ford is overcoming some of the IFS disadvantages is that you can get stuff from the factory that you have to go aftermarket for on the wrangler. By taking that away from the manual it’s an enormous loss imo.
Not that enormous. The overwhelming majority Of sales will be for automatics, and a manual with all of that could severely affect the longevity and quality of the truck.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is for me. I want the Manual. Plus I don’t want to pay for an Automatic transmission on top of the price of the Sasquatch.

TMWSTW1984

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is not a deal breaker but it does eliminate my Black Diamond w/ Sasquatch option. Only the Badlands Model has the upgraded suspension and transfer case that I want and still have a Manual option.
I'm hoping the black diamond + squatch is similar in price to the Badlands

Sponsored

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Statements like this are why I don’t respect these as honest “no’s”. If this is your fallback, you weren’t all that interested in the first place. Probably one of thousands of Jeep diehards trolling this sight that think this conversation topic is going to dampen the Bronco revolution a single iota. News flash: The Jeep has nothing currently or on the projected horizon to rival anything this manual puts out or the packages its available on. Ford isn’t obligated to do something that will majorly complicate the longevity of their product when their biggest competition looks like a pre-schooler compared to their full grown product. Go back to your Jeep forum.
Thanks for knowing my business or reasoning. Here is the quick answer, a nicely loaded gladiator is CHEAPER than a wrangler, has a stronger front axle and bigger brakes than a wrangler, and useful things like aux switches are $500 less than in a wrangler. I can cross shop the two of them with the same money and they are the only 2 offroad capable vehicle platforms that still offer a manual that arent a Tacoma. If you would like a financial breakdown I'll be happy to give you some additional info so you can make a more informed decision.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me personally, I'm not sure if I want a Bronco sans the package.
I've started to wonder if Ford might not have done this compatibility thing on purpose, just so they could later say the 2.7 will also be available with the manual -- all with the strategy of appearing responsive to consumer demand in a way that Jeep has failed terribly at for quite a while.

The only reason such a sleazy slight of hand seems plausible is because it is just so blatantly dumb not to have ensured the manual in the Bronco would be compatible with more than one engine option. This is after all the same company that likes to brag about the five engine options in the F150 and their offering of choice that consumers desire.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've started to wonder if Ford might not have done this compatibility thing on purpose, just so they could later say the 2.7 will also be available with the manual -- all with the strategy of appearing responsive to consumer demand in a way that Jeep has failed terribly at for quite a while.

The only reason such a sleazy slight of hand seems plausible is because it is just so blatantly dumb not to have ensured the manual in the Bronco would be compatible with more than one engine option. This is after all the same company that likes to brag about the five engine options in the F150 and their offering of choice that consumers desire.
...and 7 different Bronco models lol. I would fully support that sleazy move. I mean 7 different models and they can’t figure out how to offer a manual with the 2.7? This truck is supposed to pay homage to early Broncos which were all manuals. They should have made manual “Standard“ across the board, instead they had to focus on 7 different models and 5 levels of packages.

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As an update to my own thread:

I don't think it alone was the final dealbreaker, but it was a big part of it.

I'll hang around and see how the rollout happens and see what's in store the closer we get to trucks on the street and the trail, but for now, I wanted a touch less compromise in certain areas and it did not seem like the Bronco was gonna satisfy me and my wants/needs.

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.3 4 cyl and manual is deal breaker for me
Sponsored