Sponsored

Is Sasquatch Being Auto Only a Dealbreaker?

Is the Sasquatch Package being available only with the Automatic Transmission a dealbreaker for you?

• Total voters

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
It only bums me out for the simple fact that you can get an f150 4wd with a coyote for 37.500.

Open air is really awesome. Mudding is really awesome, but practicality and value are also awesome. So proven pickup or first year model?

If it came manual base-squatch, I wouldn’t even stop to think before giving them my money. Now it’s do I want to take the doors off and hear a small motor or open my windows and hear the v8? Do I want to play in the mud or do I want to have a bed for doin work? Do I want an easier truck to park or do I want to tow? Money’s the same so what would I truly utilize more?

Manual trans was kind of helping tip the scales back to even a little more personally. (No 2d soft top and door storage kind of a bummer too)

Here’s to hoping I can overcome the power of responsible decision making hahaha
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...and 7 different Bronco models lol. I would fully support that sleazy move. I mean 7 different models and they can’t figure out how to offer a manual with the 2.7? This truck is supposed to pay homage to early Broncos which were all manuals. They should have made manual “Standard“ across the board, instead they had to focus on 7 different models and 5 levels of packages.
If they knew all along that the manual couldn't be paired with the 2.7 and they had no plan to do so, it would have been a more sensible strategy to say the base engine was the 2.0L turbo. Then the American lust for more power could have been stated with the 2.3L upgrade, and Ford could say they have multiple engines compatible with their MT.

The current arangement just seems like such an obvious fail I can't believe they didn't see it from a mile away. I'd wager more people would be happier with that 2.3 if they thought of it as an upgrade from the 2.0 that practically no one optioned (like that 3.3 in the F150). Plus it would boost perception of the 2.0 in the Sport, being able to say it was also in the real Bronco.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a Bronco with the bigger engine and the manual won't be available ...but I would be all in on the bigger engine with the Manual and Sasquatch

marcrowd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've started to wonder if Ford might not have done this compatibility thing on purpose, just so they could later say the 2.7 will also be available with the manual -- all with the strategy of appearing responsive to consumer demand in a way that Jeep has failed terribly at for quite a while.

The only reason such a sleazy slight of hand seems plausible is because it is just so blatantly dumb not to have ensured the manual in the Bronco would be compatible with more than one engine option. This is after all the same company that likes to brag about the five engine options in the F150 and their offering of choice that consumers desire.
1. It’s not sleazy.
2. The fact that a manual is offered at all should be celebrated.
3. They aren’t going to offer a manual with the bigger engine because it’s such a small portion of their sales and it compromises the quality of their product.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Q. Why is the manual transmission not available with the Sasquatch package?
A. The Sasquatch Package features 17 inch wheels, 35 inch tires, electronic locking axles, a 4.7:1 final drive, high clearance suspension, Blistein shocks, and Trail Control. Some of these features require the 10-speed automatic transmission.

posted this from The ride along Q&A in another thread. which features require the auto?

Sponsored

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Q. Why is the manual transmission not available with the Sasquatch package?
A. The Sasquatch Package features 17 inch wheels, 35 inch tires, electronic locking axles, a 4.7:1 final drive, high clearance suspension, Blistein shocks, and Trail Control. Some of these features require the 10-speed automatic transmission.

posted this from The ride along Q&A in another thread. which features require the auto?
Trail Control. I would expect it's something more technical behind why the manual is not offered with Sasquatch package because the features could easily be listed as "Includes Trail Control when equipped with the 10 speed automatic."

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
V6 only being auto is the deal breaker

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
So people are gonna get the Wrangler with 33's because the bronco doesn't come with 35's and a stick?

If you watch the recent video's the black softtop badlands in Rubicon trail and Moab is running stock 33's. It also has a Stick, and Badlands comes with lockers and 4.70 gears. You could always add a lift to that later if you need it but it completed the Rubicon Trail and Moab as is.
Rubis come with different suspension front and rear lockers, sway bar disconnects and upgraded axles.... It's a out of the box offroad package... You can't get it easily in a bronco, even tho they advertised u could.... Plus now u have to take the inferior engine offered

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rubis come with different suspension front and rear lockers, sway bar disconnects and upgraded axles.... It's a out of the box offroad package... You can't get it easily in a bronco, even tho they advertised u could.... Plus now u have to take the inferior engine offered
Lol salty jeeper found ?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No that is completely incorrect. you can get ALL those things on any trim level on the Bronco SO LONG AS YOU OPT FOR AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION! That is what the Bronco community has been "up in arms" about. Further complicating this issue is that manual trans is only available w/2.3 engine...totally separate issue, but the community is divided by who wants more motor and a gear banger, and who wants more meat, and a gear banger...and of course this being America...many want both! Myself looking at the realities, and my personal wheeling experience, I think the 2.3 is a good choice...I am not sacrificing a huge amount of power and the weight and heat savings appeal to me. But nobody understands why that would affect tire size?

Sponsored

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am getting the base for $30K. I will just get a winch to pull myself out. Much like a Manual transmission is harder but more fun than an automatic, a winch is harder than, but more fun than your monster truck tires that make it easier to drive over rocks.

Bonus... my Bronco will look like a 1966 Bronco and I will have enough money left over to redo the kitchen.

Last edited:

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, basically a Badlands?

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let me clarify my answer as I think I may have misread what it meant; the Sasquatch package being automatic only is a dealbreaker for me in regard to getting the Sasquatch package, not to getting a Bronco. They could ship me the thing in a bunch of crates that I had to put together and paint myself and I'd still be interested in a Bronco. This thing has me completely enamored; I haven't been this excited for a vehicle launch in quite some time, though the Cybertruck piqued my interest for awhile (had a day-0 reservation I since cancelled in favor of the Bronco) and I was pretty excited for the Audi RS 6 Avant as well (although that's a 100k+ vehicle, waaaay out of reach for most). The value in a base / manual 2-door Bronco - for me at least - is entirely unparalleled.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am getting the base for $30K. I will just get a winch to pull myself out. Much like a Manual transmission is harder but more fun than an automatic, a winch is harder than more fun than your monster truck tires that make it easier to drive over rocks.

Bonus... my Bronco will look like a 1966 Bronco and I will have enough money left over to redo the kitchen.
Happy wife happy life

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So people are gonna get the Wrangler with 33's because the bronco doesn't come with 35's and a stick?

If you watch the recent video's the black softtop badlands in Rubicon trail and Moab is running stock 33's. It also has a Stick, and Badlands comes with lockers and 4.70 gears. You could always add a lift to that later if you need it but it completed the Rubicon Trail and Moab as is.
I can put 35s on a stock Rubicon without issue.
Sponsored