Sponsored

Is Sasquatch Being Auto Only a Dealbreaker?

Is the Sasquatch Package being available only with the Automatic Transmission a dealbreaker for you?

• Total voters

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Then do it and move on.

If Ford is not giving what you want then why spend your hard earned $$ on their product?

This not directed at you BUT there are simply too many complainers on this forum. Is the Bronco 100% perfect? NO. Name one vehicle out there that is.

Manufacturers do their best to create a vehicle that pleases everyone BUT you know damn well that when you try to absolutely please everyone you end up pleasing no one.

In due time Ford will address some pain points and try to please everyone.

For now, be happy that a new bronco even exist.

I can put 35s on a stock Rubicon without issue.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me clarify my answer as I think I may have misread what it meant; the Sasquatch package being automatic only is a dealbreaker for me in regard to getting the Sasquatch package, not to getting a Bronco. They could ship me the thing in a bunch of crates that I had to put together and paint myself and I'd still be interested in a Bronco. This thing has me completely enamored; I haven't been this excited for a vehicle launch in quite some time, though the Cybertruck piqued my interest for awhile (had a day-0 reservation I since cancelled in favor of the Bronco) and I was pretty excited for the Audi RS 6 Avant as well (although that's a 100k+ vehicle, waaaay out of reach for most). The value in a base / manual 2-door Bronco - for me at least - is entirely unparalleled.
Ive been obsessed with the Bronco since I heard it was coming back. It’s all about another option besides Wrangler for removable top, door, manual, 4x4. The no V6 manual,and no Squatch manual is killing me though and the price of a Badlands is likely to push $50k which makes me question how much I want this toy. Being more of a “car” guy, I could get a GT350, M4, used GTR

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then do it and move on.

If Ford is not giving what you want then why spend your hard earned $$ on their product?

This not directed at you BUT there are simply too many complainers on this forum. Is the Bronco 100% perfect? NO. Name one vehicle out there that is.

Manufacturers do their best to create a vehicle that pleases everyone BUT you know damn well that when you try to absolutely please everyone you end up pleasing no one.

In due time Ford will address some pain points and try to please everyone.

For now, be happy that a new bronco even exist.
I literally bought a Rubicon 3 weeks ago after realizing Ford wasn't making the Bronco I wanted lol.

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol salty jeeper found ?
U guys are a bunch of snowflakes.

U guys make completely false statements about competition so your blind bias feels better, when you get called out on it, you attack posters.

The fact that Ford actively advertised a 37 inch tire manual transmission prototype as their reveal, and I bet 10 bucks it has a v6 as well... All. Of which you cannot get from the factory...

The fact you can't get a factory backed suspension lift or a v6 with a manual proves Ford doesn't care about enthusiasts at all.

And u all need a reality check many of us "salty jeepers" were rocking offroad broncos when u were still in ur fathers loins.

We moved to jeep bc they had the only MT offroad rigs available sub 40k.

And I don't know a single jeep owner who is chodles fiatts balls like we see on this forum... In fact the opposite, we've been bitching about jeeps for years.

Everyone here is so happy it's something shiny and new you don't even care it could be a class dominating vehicle with the simplest of changes

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
U guys are a bunch of snowflakes.

U guys make completely false statements about competition so your blind bias feels better, when you get called out on it, you attack posters.

The fact that Ford actively advertised a 37 inch tire manual transmission prototype as their reveal, and I bet 10 bucks it has a v6 as well... All. Of which you cannot get from the factory...

The fact you can't get a factory backed suspension lift or a v6 with a manual proves Ford doesn't care about enthusiasts at all.

And u all need a reality check many of us "salty jeepers" were rocking offroad broncos when u were still in ur fathers loins.

We moved to jeep bc they had the only MT offroad rigs available sub 40k.

And I don't know a single jeep owner who is chodles fiatts balls like we see on this forum... In fact the opposite, we've been bitching about jeeps for years.

Everyone here is so happy it's something shiny and new you don't even care it could be a class dominating vehicle with the simplest of changes

You generally can't buy vehicles identical to launch prototypes

Ford is in this to make money, not to build things that would sell 200 copies a year.

I don't even like ford as a company and in general I think lowly of its products but I see no issues with their rollout.

If you prefer Jeep's that's fine though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok Boomer. If you understood anything about population/market distributions, you'd know that Ford would LOSE money if they only "cared about enthusiasts". They care about making money rolling out a new product to as wide an audience as possible, not getting a thumbs-up from a handful of Jeep fanboys who will never cross-over anyway.
You had me until this--Ford is clearly targeting Jeep folks.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You had me until this--Ford is clearly targeting Jeep folks.
Sure, average Jeep buyers are definitely their target. I just don't think Ford is losing a lot of sleep over the opinions of the hardcore Jeep fans, the loyalists with tattoos of the Wrangler grill on their chests.

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure, average Jeep buyers are definitely their target. I just don't think Ford is losing a lot of sleep over the opinions of the hardcore Jeep fans, the loyalists with tattoos of the Wrangler grill on their chests.
Maybe, but I dunno--they're literally calibrating everything around Jeep. They're making quite a push for those folks.

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is a bummer, but not a deal breaker. When I saw the reveal, my lizard brain immediately went to "MT with a Squatch". I was bummed when they didn't offer the V6 with MT, and then I was bummed when they didn't offer the Sasquatch package with the MT.

I want to reward Ford for designing a beautiful vehicle, where in my mind a 2dr Bronco is the perfect balance of 'old with new' aesthetics - but now I find myself waiting for the configurator to make the final decision. It's basically boiled down to - can I build (at my modest price point) something that does what I want it to do without too many compromises.

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ive been obsessed with the Bronco since I heard it was coming back. It’s all about another option besides Wrangler for removable top, door, manual, 4x4. The no V6 manual,and no Squatch manual is killing me though and the price of a Badlands is likely to push $50k which makes me question how much I want this toy. Being more of a “car” guy, I could get a GT350, M4, used GTR
I've been really tempted by another used RS 4 or a used i8 for awhile but neither will be able to do 100% of everything I want to do (maybe 80-90%, but still). Having just lost my job a week ago all plans are on indefinite hold until I can line up new work back home.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So why are you here, lol?
I am the OP and am eager in following the launch and impressions of everyone here? Why are you here?

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
35's hit when used off road. 35's will work if only going to the mall, don't disconnect the sway bar or turn tight.

My jeep had 3.5" lift and still hit with 33x12.50 Super Swampers when lift company said it could run 35's.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just want lockers lower gears and a manual. I dont mind lifting it and buying tires on my own, but upgrading the axles is a pain.
It won't stop me from buying a bronco, but it will stop me from having a manual, or stop me from having the offroad goodies I want.
I'll be bummed about an automatic, and I'll be bummed about being stuck with the base model front axle and open diffs. But I may also find myself regretting selling my Tacoma when I realize the bronco I can afford is nowhere near as good. Then I'll go buy another used Tacoma.
Base Model Stick Squatch under $35k
is the only way I'll be completely happy. 2.3l is FINE with me.

I'm selling my Tacoma this week while it is still worth something, to have a down payment. For the next year I'll be driving my 1991 Jeep Cherokee with lockers, manual trans, and 33's as my only vehicle.
If I can get the Bronco I want, it will feel like a huge upgrade by the time it is delivered. My jeep is a total beater, but reliable, capable, and paid for.

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want lockers lower gears and a manual. I dont mind lifting it and buying tires on my own, but upgrading the axles is a pain.
It won't stop me from buying a bronco, but it will stop me from having a manual, or stop me from having the offroad goodies I want.
I'll be bummed about an automatic, and I'll be bummed about being stuck with the base model front axle and open diffs. But I may also find myself regretting selling my Tacoma when I realize the bronco I can afford is nowhere near as good. Then I'll go buy another used Tacoma.
Base Model Stick Squatch under $35k
is the only way I'll be completely happy. 2.3l is FINE with me.

I'm selling my Tacoma this week while it is still worth something, to have a down payment. For the next year I'll be driving my 1991 Jeep Cherokee with lockers, manual trans, and 33's as my only vehicle.
If I can get the Bronco I want, it will feel like a huge upgrade by the time it is delivered. My jeep is a total beater, but reliable, capable, and paid for.
Now's the time to sell Tacomas. You can't find any new ones and the used ones' value is even higher than it typically is. Good luck!
Sponsored