Sponsored

Is Sasquatch Being Auto Only a Dealbreaker?

Is the Sasquatch Package being available only with the Automatic Transmission a dealbreaker for you?

• Total voters
OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not downplaying anything. Jeeps are great and they have been the only option for a removable top off road commercial vehicle for a while. They are the bar that Ford has to compete with and meet up to if not surpass.

Just like the Raptor is the bar set for factory off road trucks.

I’m saying you implied that the Bronco can’t do things that the Jeep can do and that’s why you made your choice. Which isn’t necessarily true.

You made your choice because you could get in a Jeep now and you could get it at a discount now. That’s great. If I wanted what the Jeep offers I would have done the same. But I don’t want a solid front axle. My interests aren’t rock crawling. I want something more akin to a trophy truck than a rock crawler. What I really want is a Can-Am UTV but I don’t want the hassle of trailering it places.

My plans are to get this and put some adjustable Kings 2.5s and hit some open desert and go explore while soaking up everything.
Yup. Ford wasn't building a Bronco that I wanted, whereas they're building the Bronco more akin to what you want.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is not going to sell you 35" tires that rub.

And if you start messing with diff wheels that have different offsets then yes, you may rub.

BUT oem wheels with 35s will not rub.
We're gonna find out.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am confused. Didn't you just buy a wrangler 3 weeks ago? why does it matter to you?

and just think about what you are saying .. a manufacturer is releasing oem wheels and tires that will rub. Crazy talk sir.

BTW ... I own a 2013 and 2019 Raptor with 35s .. and on stock wheels there is no rubbing.

We're gonna find out.

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am confused. Didn't you just buy a wrangler 3 weeks ago? why does it matter to you?

and just think about what you are saying .. a manufacturer is releasing oem wheels and tires that will rub. Crazy talk sir.

BTW ... I own a 2013 and 2019 Raptor with 35s .. and on stock wheels there is no rubbing.
I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm not talking about the Sasquatch package--I'm talking about adding 35s to a Bronco setup for smaller. It's a fact of life that adding bigger tires to most vehicles could cause rubbing--or some other issue. Here, we won't know for sure if upgrading the tire size from a smaller size (the 32s or 33s) will rub or not until we start seeing examples of it and having those examples tested in various usage settings. There's a lot of guesswork involved in this, especially with such a new platform where we don't know every possible thing about every possible dimension.

And why do I care? Because I'm very interested in following the launch and seeing how it develops. Competition is good. If it's a great product and one that develops nicely, I could be in the market as early as 2022. Why wouldn't I care?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Poll should be something along the lines of:
No effect, never mattered you're still ordering........
still ordering, but under protest, really want a Manny Squatch .....
No manual Sasquatch = No Bronco, kills the whole deal.....

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe not a deal breaker, but it has kept me from reserving a Bronco. I was looking for a Base Two-door manual Sasquatch with 2.7L, soft top & sway bar disconnect. Of those seven options, I can only choose three or four together in any model.

Maybe it is a dealbreaker... Sasquatch with manual crawl would be epic.

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a dealbreaker for Sasquatch for me.
Not having a manual in the 2.7 or a V8 is almost a dealbreaker for the new bronco for me, as well.
The manual is a huge part of the driving experience for me. I feel like I am being forced into the auto because they invested a bunch of money on it or something. I don’t know the real reason, it’s probably engineering or a cost thing, but I feel like they are kind of missing the mark of having all the best options together and making people sacrifice and pick between the best options (squatch+big motor vs manual).

ewitz

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Rubicon, 99 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As an update to my own thread:

I don't think it alone was the final dealbreaker, but it was a big part of it.

I'll hang around and see how the rollout happens and see what's in store the closer we get to trucks on the street and the trail, but for now, I wanted a touch less compromise in certain areas and it did not seem like the Bronco was gonna satisfy me and my wants/needs.
I do respect your choice, I however will get the 4 banger, because it HAS to be manual, and it has as much HP & torque as my 75 bronco did with the 302..... Big would be better, but I want another BRONCO!
You just can't convince some people to take your money.......

Bryschopper

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco 1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not a deal breaker for me, I like the potential of the 2.3 turbo motor. The same motor in the Ranger has big power gains with an aftermarket (Cobb tuner $600) on 93 octane, results yielded 354 hp / 447 lb-ft which exceeds the 2.7 310 hp/400 lb-ft. I ordered a Badlands which is only 10 mm lower than the Sasquatch and has everything the Sasquatch has suspension just slightly different shocks and a 7 speed manual.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not a deal breaker for me, I like the potential of the 2.3 turbo motor. The same motor in the Ranger has big power gains with an aftermarket (Cobb tuner $600) on 93 octane, results yielded 354 hp / 447 lb-ft which exceeds the 2.7 310 hp/400 lb-ft. I ordered a Badlands which is only 10 mm lower than the Sasquatch and has everything the Sasquatch has suspension just slightly different shocks and a 7 speed manual.
well Sasquatch will be available with manual in 2022 sometime, but still no manual with the 2.7. I’m goining for a 2DR Basemansquatch and am fully a Cobb Fan having had 3 Subaru STis. The potential of the 2.3 has been proven and exciting to look forward to tuning.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
No and I can tell you why: the 10 speed auto is a joint venture between GM and Ford and from what I have read is fairly bullet proof,, already in service from both GM and Ford, and has 3 ODs. It will make it easier and better to drive especially off road with the Trail Turn and Goat modes, and allow my wife to drive it without worry. But its still my truck. I was very much set on a manual, but I was also set on Sasquatch, and Sasquatch won especially since I wanted the 2.7 anyways. This is much better compromise than those ugly sand stone or Navy Pier seats those are DEAL BREAKERS
Sponsored