Sponsored

Is soft top an accessory or could it be substituted for the MIC tops?

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have started to see more photos of Broncos with the soft tops. Is the soft top an accessory or could it be substituted for the MIC tops? Or is Ford pissing away time for something thats not coming to fruition?
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is the option by default if you don't select the hardtop in the B&P. Wildtrak and First Edition come with the hard top.

OP
OP
TXJeepScientist

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It is the option by default if you don't select the hardtop in the B&P. Wildtrak and First Edition come with the hard top.
Where can you find the info?

Thanks!

OP
OP
TXJeepScientist

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just learned has no soft top option for WT nor the FE. I'm changing to Badlands. Very disappointed.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have started to see more photos of Broncos with the soft tops. Is the soft top an accessory or could it be substituted for the MIC tops? Or is Ford pissing away time for something thats not coming to fruition?
We are seeing it on the wildtrak a lot in spy photos. That tells me they are testing that model with that option (because they know us poor saps can't get through black hard top but want something black up there to match the black grill)

So while now we can't get the soft top, its very possible we may get the option in the build and price over the next few months

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish dual tops was an option. I'd gladly go soft-top and MIC top on a 4-door Badlands. Now have to debate whether to go with one or the other with hopes of acquiring the other later. Leaning towards soft-top right now, but tomorrow's another day. :ROFLMAO:

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wish dual tops was an option. I'd gladly go soft-top and MIC top on a 4-door Badlands. Now have to debate whether to go with one or the other with hopes of acquiring the other later. Leaning towards soft-top right now, but tomorrow's another day. :ROFLMAO:
Get the HT now and shop for a ST later. An aftermarket HT like the factory one will cost you probably $4K, if anyone even makes one in the next couple years. Factory HT + aftermarket soft-top will save you thousands.

Willow

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We are seeing it on the wildtrak a lot in spy photos. That tells me they are testing that model with that option (because they know us poor saps can't get through black hard top but want something black up there to match the black grill)

So while now we can't get the soft top, its very possible we may get the option in the build and price over the next few months
we chose WT. no option for Soft top but my dealer said we can order one thru accessories for $995.00. Not sure. Maybe switch to Badlands? My husband suggests to have Linex spray black for WT top. What do u think?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
we chose WT. no option for Soft top but my dealer said we can order one thru accessories for $995.00. Not sure. Maybe switch to Badlands? My husband suggests to have Linex spray black for WT top. What do u think?
I wouldnt recommend the spray paint because there's no telling it will match the color and materials of the rest of the exterior. The black soft top as an accessory is a good idea.

Or if you can stomach a late delivery, wait for the black modular top

I'm getting the wildtrak too and waiting is what I will do

Sponsored

Willow

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldnt recommend the spray paint because there's no telling it will match the color and materials of the rest of the exterior. The black soft top as an accessory is a good idea.

Or if you can stomach a late delivery, wait for the black modular top

I'm getting the wildtrak too and waiting is what I will do
If we tolerate with grey top, how much will it cost if we order black top on late availability?????

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If we tolerate with grey top, how much will it cost if we order black top on late availability?????
At the very least, $1895. You'll have to add freight costs. I'm unsure how much those costs will hurt.
I believe you can replace the grey top with the black on your own. But that may not be the case if you get sound deafening as there's a chance the sound deafening may not be compatible between the two tops.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ouch!!!! Are u waiting for black top available and pay over $4,000?
I'm waiting to get my Bronco with the black top factory installed. No way would I pay 4k (if that figure is accurate)

If for whatever reason I cannot get the black hard top at factory, soft top it is
Sponsored