Sponsored

Is the “Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner” worth it? Does it work?

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many of you, I am pretty set on my build and look in ing forward to ordering next month.

However, there is one thing I would like to know more on before adding it to my build, Is the “Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner” worth it? Does it work?

It any of you have experience with this or an opinion that you would like to share, that would be helpful.

Thanks and Badlands Forever!
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
“Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner” worth it?
one of the Ford employees said it was Definitely a must have. OEM or aftermarket

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whether or not it is worth it is up to you. I am personally not bothered by wind noise, tire noise, etc. so it really isn't worth it to me. I can always turn the music up lol. I spent years operating military vehicles, which are loud as hell and eventually you don't even notice the noise.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For me it is a must have simple because.

Originally, the WT came with the thicker and better made Modular HT. Once they nixed that and gave us the discount for the MIC, the factory headliner add on was a no brainer.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whether or not it is worth it is up to you. I am personally not bothered by wind noise, tire noise, etc. so it really isn't worth it to me. I can always turn the music up lol. I spent years operating military vehicles, which are loud as hell and eventually you don't even notice the noise.
Yep, but they now make you wear Micky Mouse ears :) And that is why I can't hear shit now, I like Hothead liners.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, but they now make you wear Micky Mouse ears :) And that is why I can't hear shit now, I like Hothead liners.
That's true lol. Maybe I didn't get used to the noise, I got used to the constant high-pitched ringing in my ears that drowns everything else out. Good lookin' out Battle lol!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Is the “Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner” worth it? Does it work? z78Fx9M

I enhanced the photo on the Ford site and can conclusively determine that... it's not a help at all. I suspect they just Photoshopped something on the hard top.

The good news is that since I ordered later I can wait to hear the feedback (wailing) from folks who get theirs first and I'll have time to add or delete the sound deadener as needed.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not bothered by it either after years working in job shops, factory environments and listening to rock & roll, etc. Don't know if I am just used to it or that the ringing in my ears blasting 24/7 drowns out any other possible noise distractions. Planning on the upgraded sound system.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the Ford option has way better coverage than Hotheads I've seen on Jeeps.
Literally looks like 1 piece coverage.
But if you want that "just stuck some foam patches to my headliner look", then by all means...

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will help dampen vibrations in the top which is where some of the noise comes from. It will also absorb some of the ambient noises from the cabin rather than reflecting it. Overall it will be better than not having it and the weight penalty looks to be minimal.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Never had one on my JKU- if your concerned about wind noise stay away from the soft top- basically don’t go topless if you don’t want wind noise.

TBH go without and add later if necessary.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah with the new info, it looks like speaker carpet glued on and sure you can do it, but man what a PITA it would be.

So if you want the "intergrated look" without all the cursing you'll do trying to keep the 3M spray adhesive in check... then it's worth the 465 (after discount)
Sponsored