Sponsored

Is the 12" screen really an upgrade we all want?

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

12" with 360 trail cam makes it an easy decision for me.
Sponsored

AmN351A

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want the larger screen for 360 cameras and trail cam/maps. I just hope it has an easier "screen off" switch for night time driving than my F150 which is accesed through a menu maze.
And the use of other apps

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've been rethinking the high package based on what the survey prices were, I think it may boil down to availability of white top for me and if it requires mod top. If I can swing it all on a manual BL going thru Granger at spitting distance to 45k I will.
Don't forget that you have to also have mid and lux package before you can drop your pants for the LUX!

Meanwhile, i'm trying to talk myself into the mid package but ultimately most of the stuff in it is a waste of money. Can't imagine how much it would be "just" to get the unnecessarily large screen!

To the points of smart phones, the screen is either 8" square or 12" square. Smart phones might sometimes reach 7" or 8" diagonal, but they aren't square. Even the 8" square screen will be about double the real estate of a smart phone.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Don't forget that you have to also have mid and lux package before you can drop your pants for the LUX!

Meanwhile, i'm trying to talk myself into the mid package but ultimately most of the stuff in it is a waste of money. Can't imagine how much it would be "just" to get the unnecessarily large screen!

To the points of smart phones, the screen is either 8" square or 12" square. Smart phones might sometimes reach 7" or 8" diagonal, but they aren't square. Even the 8" square screen will be about double the real estate of a smart phone.
The 12" is in the High package right? Mid is $1500 and High at $2700 and Lux is at the top end which doesn't have anything I'd want/miss. If these prices are any higher when B&P goes live then I'll stick with the Mid since it has pretty much everything added into it.

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understood if you purchase the high package the cost includes everything from the lower packages.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The 12" is in the High package right? Mid is $1500 and High at $2700 and Lux is at the top end which doesn't have anything I'd want/miss. If these prices are any higher when B&P goes live then I'll stick with the Mid since it has pretty much everything added into it.
Oooooo, you're right... You only have to be high to take all 12" of screen. mentally I had put that in Lux.

Ford Bronco Is the 12" screen really an upgrade we all want? 1601055350287

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nope do not like the 12in. Makes the dash look overly flat to me. I actually like the bezel on the 8in as well as it breaks up the lines a little. The 12in that basically has no trim/bezel looks like it was forced into the dash.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The 8 inch looks like you cheaped out and bought a base with that ugly space filler, as they designed it to.

ThatOne911Dude

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I actually like the 12” screen, but like many have said it comes to personal taste. Do I need it? Nope. Want it? Yup!

My buddy just bought a 2020 Ram Laramie, and has the 12” screen. At first it looked a bit out of place, but once I was in the truck and playing with it, it grew on me fast. Now granted it is a larger cockpit, but here’s some pics of it as an idea.

Ford Bronco Is the 12" screen really an upgrade we all want? 1601186090108

Ford Bronco Is the 12" screen really an upgrade we all want? 7483371E-2F45-4C7A-B218-BA9F7853CF22

I personally like it, but again it comes down to personal preference as it should be when buying YOUR Bronco.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm used to the 8 inch screen, but on trips I find myself leaning over to read the mileage to destination because I'm old and the font is kinda small. I'm anxious to get the 12 inch screen.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think the 12” screen will be perfect with the Sony PS5 ;)

I like the idea of having the larger screen for the navigation and trail cams, hoping for split screen. And yes auto-dimming and night mode would be nice

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be great if android auto allowed for custom split screens to fully utilize the 12 inch screen.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would like Ford to explain why you need to be all the way up to Lux to get an integrated garage door opener. The only reason I'm even getting Lux is for the adaptive cruise and heated steering wheel -- I have them on my Flex and it's hard to go without now.

Since this is going to be my wife's car, I'll be a tad jealous of all the new features she's getting. She's fine with an 8" screen but won't say no to a 12".

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just poking around the Ford site looking to see if there were any updates and saw this pic.

Ford Bronco Is the 12" screen really an upgrade we all want? pass_pov_MAIN_R4

Yes, it looks pretty good size... but as you move to the back seats (I'm thinking about my kids here, lol), that bigger screen will be just about right.

Ford Bronco Is the 12" screen really an upgrade we all want? FULL_DASH_C3

By the way... I'm almost certain the interior in the second image is the one that I want.