Sponsored

Is the 12" screen really an upgrade we all want?

spedfrek

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be an option I would enjoy .. but i don't think its available on the black diamond. I am planning on a full custom audio
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be an option I would enjoy .. but i don't think its available on the black diamond. I am planning on a full custom audio
Correct, OB and above.

Squidma

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a stand alone option (or if they miraculously offered the High Package on the Black Diamond) I would definitely go for it. But I'm unlikely to consider it worth the $6k to get to the next trim level I would want to have the availability. The 8" is nicer than what I currently have.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will the larger screen be more of a distraction when driving at night? Anyone that's been in a Tesla may know the answer to this. I've never sat in one. Availability of a dark or night mode may make this less if an issue.
you see the light bulb next to the search button on this site? pressing /depressing it might answer your question without having to sit in a Tesla.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the benefit of the larger screen will likely depend on the software running on it. I've seen some stuff that suggests you can have some customized display options, like having media/radio on one part of the screen and nav on the other. If that's true, a larger screen could be helpful with more options.

Depending on how good this trail navigation system is, that could be nicer on a larger screen.

If you can pull up multiple trail cams at the same time, then having those feeds larger or having more feeds at once could be REALLY nice.

Sponsored

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When it comes to screen size I'm normally in the bigger is better camp but I'm wondering if the extra real estate on the 12" screen is really a good thing.
Psh, I don't want the government in my car.

Footlong screen, 360 cameras, voice control... cmon

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is high on my must-have upgrades list next to a top that doesn't look like it spent 5 years fading in the sun...

My only regrets in my current pair of vehicles is going with the smaller screen for each (7" in JL and 8.4" in RAM). Both times I rationalized the bigger size isn't needed at time of purchase, but since they are basically impossible to upgrade yourself after the fact you have to live with it...

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll get the 12" screen and attach the 13" iPad to the accessory rail and see if the 12" is too small. I'll keep the weather up on the iPad and nav with the 12" just to keep it functional. Now I just need to figure out where to attach the 40" flat screen for the football game.

Itsmeanmuggin

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Scat Pak
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I definitely want to do the 12" upgrade! Im a tech whore tho lol

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Bronco will have wireless carplay/android integration. This is big deal as Ford does not currently do this. BUT with Sync 4, it can.

And I never use the OEM NAV. It is awful and requires updating at a cost. carplay/android cost nothing and is always up to date.

And apple carplay/android auto will allow other apps to run on the screen like WAZE and Pandora.

How will carplay/android auto be integrated. Will that be flawless? If so, larger screen can be good.
If not, no screen and a good phone holder is just fine...

Map updates from car manufacturers are usually pretty expensive. I never use the car navigation!

Sponsored
OP
OP

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you see the light bulb next to the search button on this site? pressing /depressing it might answer your question without having to sit in a Tesla.
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know dark mode was available for the forum! Much easier on the eyes.

My tesla reference was more about driving in a car at night with a large screen as a focal point of the dash. Dark mode or not I've heard some complain it can be distracting.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco will have wireless carplay/android integration. This is big deal as Ford does not currently do this. BUT with Sync 4, it can.

And I never use the OEM NAV. It is awful and requires updating at a cost. carplay/android cost nothing and is always up to date.

And apple carplay/android auto will allow other apps to run on the screen like WAZE and Pandora.
This is something I'm looking forward to. In my wife's Acura MDX, we have to buy a "DVD" disc that updates the nav and then run it through an install/update process. The disc is $150 (goes on sale for $100 though) plus shipping. We do the update every several years but with all of the new development and new roads in our area, we are behind before we even get the disc.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 8" screen is already an upgrade in size from what I have had for 10 years (6" I believe)

I'm sure I'd get used to the massive 12" but I also don't want something so big that it is calling me to look at it from my peripheral vision...every time something on the screen changes, especially at night like someone mentioned

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do I want it? Yes. Even an 8" is bigger than my current infotainment, but I plan on keeping the Bronco for a good while, so at some point, I'm sure displays that large will become the norm and I'll wish I future-proofed. If they release software updates, I'm sure it'll have great utility over time as well.

Am jumping up to a Badlands or Wildtrack just to have the privilege? That's likely a nope.
Sponsored